Reviews for Whatever This Is
Lindsey chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Oh my damn. This is gold. You've done a wonderful job with this.
The Amazing Renge Houshakuji chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
*O* OH MAHGOOOOSH! I LOVED this! Just because I'm a huge Salios fan! You did really good on this really captured the characters attitudes.
PaleAngel90 chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Good, too short to my liking, but good, keep up the good work :)
Shockburst23 chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Loooovvve! Great job! 3
heavenly.shades chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
Really great fic! This is one of my favourite pairings and yet there are so few stories about them which makes this stand out even more!

Well done on capturing Rios so perfectly, as well as the situation. I love the way you've mixed the smutty bits with his thoughts (thoughts which are deep and other things I can't think of words for)

I'd love to see more _ either Salem's thoughts on WHATEVER THIS IS or what happens after Shanghai.

Happy writing!
Rothalion chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
I think I’ve read this five times over now and it is just a wonderful piece. You carry Rios’ voice quite well and do a great job at showing us, with this strong narrative voice, how he feels…his need, confusion, guilt…all of these I think would definitely come into play for a man of Rios’ nature.

A few parts stand out:

{No fault at all, if Salem was to be believed. The man was a firm supporter of pursuing what one desires, at whatever cost, for whatever reason. It was one of his more dangerous qualities, but also one of his finest. Rios applied this logic to all situations involving the man, and this one was no exception.}
This shows Rios’ consummate and often questioned trust in Elliot, I think for him to allow this between them probably requires more trust than the fighting.

{Women were too soft.} Well put and a point well made. I think women are also threatening to them, a sort of enemy the two have no real weapons to confront.

{He was attracted to the being that was Elliot Salem. He couldn't be sure of the other man's feelings, of course. This might be simply a way of coping, a strong attachment formed from loss, or war guilt. As he thought on it, though, the less likely it seemed that this was the case. Salem was all wild fire and haste, but he'd never dive into something like this without meaning it. So where did that leave them? What did that make them? } Again Rios just trusts in Salem’s guidance here. If Salem allows this to happen between them then Salem must need, desire, want it and him. He sees a depth to Salem others don’t or won’t and he accepts it as a strength not weakness.
Well done. Thanks for sharing.
Chyanime chapter 1 . 9/13/2012
Daww, This was cuteness! Very eloquent for a smut. Not a lot of action as most, but I liked the internal thought process of Tyse. It was a nice change. Gay/Straight/Bi/whatever, sometimes that is all the relationship someone needs.

Very Nice. . Thanks for sharing
game-on-panda chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
This is fantastic. Complicated, analytical, a bit on the introspective side, but it all fits with the character's personality. It makes sense, from a logical standpoint, and I like the idea that it is what it is, it needs no name, no definition, it is simply fact. You've written a very good piece. Well done.
Bmty17 chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I like this...
It just needs a part 2 with them confessing undying love for eachother(I'm totaly seriouse!)
Thanks and keep up the great work _
Casey Wolfe chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
Love! Rios being so introspective to their relationship was really well do. A good look into the psyche. Well done.
AccountKiller2015 chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I love it! Thank you for writing it :)
Nightlore chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
Um...wow I'm nearly speechless after reading that...

How this story only has one review I can only assume that its due to the low popularity of the pairing (at least to me) because this piece is deserving of far more.

First off, I think you're doing just fine without a beta because I didn't see one mistake which is a rarity on this site. Your choice of words were well-placed and fitting. You were able to add some poetic flare to the story without making it distracting from the overall setting/theme; that can be an extremely difficult thing to do, especially with games like this.

I loved how you described their connection to each other. It reminded me of Achilles and Patroclus from the Iliad. It was beautiful and romantic, but still very masculine at the same time. You have no idea how much I appreciated that. Even challenging the labelling of their sexuality seemed really appropriate for the two. I could go on about how great this oneshot is, but I shall refrain from doing so.

However, I do have one complaint...

I was hoping for more when it suddenly ended. I believe you should correct this error by writing another fic that is full of appropriate gayness and raunchy juicy details of them going at it like rabbits. I think that is the best solution.
Beyond-Society chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Wow. This is fantastic. I was just about ready to give this fandom up as dead and stop looking for anything new, but DAMN. The interplay between the action and Rios' thoughts was fantastic; I wish I could write sequences like that even half as well. The characterization was fantastic, too. Amazing work.