Reviews for Logos
llimbus chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
I never thought I would read a Rita-Dolores kink-story, and if I did read one, I never thought I would absolutely love it. This was one of the most brilliant perverted things I've ever laid my eyes upon, and oh my dear lord what I love your writing style - it's perfect. I wouldn't even read passed the first sentence if it wasn't you who had written it.
I should add that I think you portrayed both Rita and Dolores quite perfectly, and that's not something you manage to do every day...
the real snape chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
/even though blood isn't really my kink, it's definitely Dolores's - - canon says so./ Quite. One can see why people felt the need for a *safe* environment for children to play in - children's books these days are too kinky for words.

/"Potter. . .

. . .is mad. . ."/

Now there's a responsible, mature adult if there ever was one.

/She'd been surprised, years ago, to find that she wanted Dolores at all,/ And it's amazing how you manage to convince us that Rita actually does want her - or rather, the pleasures she can procure, be that stories or word/bloodplay.

/a kindred spirit, a woman admirably ruthless and dedicated primarily to her own advancement. / THIS. They both are, of course, and it's the one reason Rita might look twice at someone like the Umbridge.

/So it was going to be business mixed with pleasure./ Great line.

/It's time to make some words./ Make words, not love? Great new version.

/the drops would be carnelians. Or garnets./ Quite poetical indeed, Madam Skeeter.

/Power visible./ another great one.

/Quill into cock; what could be more appropriate?

The Word made flesh./

Sheer brilliance.

Such a feat to pull of a pairing like this, and one can see why it works - Rita getting it off on words, on the power of the word - and Dolores is just another sort of parchment - not the skin of a sheep or a goat this time, but a cow who's silly enough to think she's still veal.
abacab chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Strong story, somewhat disconcerting.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
All right, I confess that the kink here majorly squicks me; I cringe reading about characters getting papercuts (accidentally), let alone...

OK, and JKR has a very twisted mind herself, because Umbridge is canon.

Nonetheless, I'm compelled (horribly) by this pairing, which seems more and more obvious and logical and inevitable the further on I read in this terse, elegant, and horrifying little vignette. The politics makes sense. The sex makes sense. Rita is weirdly hot, as is (Obliviate me now) Umbridge.

As for the author... well, the author has Range. And Imagination. And the sheer undaunted courage to Go There. Long may she wave!
Iselima-Minerva chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Interesting, gruesome, Schadenfreude...some words that surfaced while reading this story and it must be that last concept that had me read it with a grin all the way.

These horrible women, it feels satisfactory that you have them take their pleasure from each other in this distorted, manipulative way and oh, how they deserve this sex-life voided of warmth, let alone love.

Makes me wonder...is it that we love to imagine such creeps of women to be unable to have a beautiful sex-life (to put it simple) or would it be truly impossible for them and did your imagination, and even mine as a reader, paint them very accurately? To me that is a gruesome question, giving another layer of relevance to your story.

Very well written, very good characterization: a great read!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Body writing, writing with blood immediately brings these two characters to mind, even though, in a way, we all write with blood. The pairing from hell. Only Bellatrix is missing. Umbridge is horrible, in a fascinating way. Ugh. In a way, this is therapeutic for her, she should just leave the students alone.

As for Rita, I went back to 'Truth Beyond'. She is slightly less horrible in her use of the quill, because, I think, of her desire to search for and reinvent truth. And in her willingness to spill her own blood, both literally and figuratively. This give her the courage to go to places that most would avoid. As you do, but with considerably more empathy and none of her bloodlust.
aptasi chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Well-written dark kinky sex with two characters most people wouldn't even imagine together... you've written something magical again. It has that wonderful 'oh I get it now' feeling where everything seamlessly connects back to cannon and yet isn't cliche. Love the creativity and the classiness.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Guh - well, they do say that the pen is mightier than the sword - or in this case, the wand... You've managed to take two of my least favorite HP characters and make them darkly interesting.
Red n' Blue is Purple chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
I was pretty excited to see an alert for a new story thingk it was another kick-ass Snape/McGonagall story. But then I read the pairings and was like what the fuck. I said 'eh, what the hell' and gave it a try. It was pretty good even if it has a messed up pairing lol. Nice job!