Reviews for The Nature of the Thing
einargs chapter 24 . 7/8
An amazing story with several different layers that I always felt like I was just missing - though I feel like I caught more than a few. My complements to the author for writing this amazing story.
More please! This is cool.
bluorange21 chapter 24 . 2/21
With the concept of daemons in play, would their patronus forms be similar to their other half or the book/movie form? Or do dementors exist in this universe?
Terahlyanwe chapter 24 . 12/20/2015
Fascinating crossover. I quite like the variations on the characters, especially their dæmons.
Esseraph chapter 18 . 12/7/2015
Had some fun reading so far but it's turned out to be something other than what I was looking to read. Great writing style and engaging since I lasted so long, but I would have appreciated a warning in the beginning that Harry is essentially Sherlock throughout and not himself at all.
Zoanzon chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
Male, albino, possibly sadistic...how much has the horcrux influenced Harry and 'Tahmryis'?
Beth9891 chapter 24 . 6/20/2015
Really interesting. I have never read the dark series but between Google and the story feel like I am keeping up with what's taking place. Look forward to reading more?
I heart vamps chapter 24 . 6/16/2015
Please update soon
TimeTravellingThestral chapter 24 . 4/22/2015
Really interesting story
Dolphelecat chapter 24 . 4/6/2015
This is a really cool story. Sorry if this is out of line, but are you planning on continuing it? I'd be very interesting to see where it goes.
Eclipse Wing chapter 24 . 3/5/2015
It's always hard to find a HDM crossover that stays not only true to the use of daemons, but actually works them into the plot and doesn't just forget about them. This story does it beautifully and I enjoyed it when I first found it, and I enjoyed it when I reread it. You take the time to put in little details to convey emotions and reasonings that are perfect and (apart from Harry) all the daemon forms you've picked for the characters are literally perfect. I love the names as well.

And I think you've noticed, but you have made Harry very similar in character and voice to BBC's Sherlock. He comes off a little sociopathic, but with whatever is going on with Tahmryis and the fact he's in Slytherin, I guess the change in character is to be expected.

I had to ask though - is it a coincidence that Tam is one letter away from being Tom? I always figured you were trying to show the horcrux or link to Voldemort through Harry's daemon, and you drop a lot of hints (Lucius Malfoy being familiar, a point when Harry was younger and Tam wasn't Tam, their different heart's desires). It's only recently I noticed the Tam/Tom thing. Or maybe I'm just picking up on nothing, but I admit the concept of daemons and horcruxes and what effect splitting your soul has on your daemon would be fascinating (if challenging) to go into. I would have loved to see you continue this, but as it is, what you have written here in little drabbles was amazing to read. Thank you!
chaosglory626 chapter 24 . 2/25/2015
So I've been on a Golden Compass kick since I read this really good crossover last week. This kick has been sadly unfulfilled so far. This story has been exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. It explores the interesting aspects of daemons that not enough people look into. I'm very sad that this hasn't updated in so long. I looks like it was going to be really interesting. I can only imagine how amazing it was going to be. I bet Harry meeting Luna Lovegood and her Snorkack daemon would be the most insane thing ever. I really wish there could be more of this story. Maybe you could pick it up again? Anyway, good job on the story.
PerfectionJune chapter 24 . 12/24/2014
Highly Enjoyable. Do try to write more someday.
Skendo chapter 24 . 11/25/2014
Interesting story :D but I am confused as to who Quirinus and Ballari are ...
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 24 . 10/15/2014
Tam's propensity for the ostentatious, overt... shouts that they will not be oppressed anymore.
I'm saddened that this has not been updated for over two years now.