Reviews for The Nature of the Thing
Dolphelecat chapter 24 . 4/6
This is a really cool story. Sorry if this is out of line, but are you planning on continuing it? I'd be very interesting to see where it goes.
Eclipse Wing chapter 24 . 3/5
It's always hard to find a HDM crossover that stays not only true to the use of daemons, but actually works them into the plot and doesn't just forget about them. This story does it beautifully and I enjoyed it when I first found it, and I enjoyed it when I reread it. You take the time to put in little details to convey emotions and reasonings that are perfect and (apart from Harry) all the daemon forms you've picked for the characters are literally perfect. I love the names as well.

And I think you've noticed, but you have made Harry very similar in character and voice to BBC's Sherlock. He comes off a little sociopathic, but with whatever is going on with Tahmryis and the fact he's in Slytherin, I guess the change in character is to be expected.

I had to ask though - is it a coincidence that Tam is one letter away from being Tom? I always figured you were trying to show the horcrux or link to Voldemort through Harry's daemon, and you drop a lot of hints (Lucius Malfoy being familiar, a point when Harry was younger and Tam wasn't Tam, their different heart's desires). It's only recently I noticed the Tam/Tom thing. Or maybe I'm just picking up on nothing, but I admit the concept of daemons and horcruxes and what effect splitting your soul has on your daemon would be fascinating (if challenging) to go into. I would have loved to see you continue this, but as it is, what you have written here in little drabbles was amazing to read. Thank you!
chaosglory626 chapter 24 . 2/25
So I've been on a Golden Compass kick since I read this really good crossover last week. This kick has been sadly unfulfilled so far. This story has been exactly the kind of thing I was looking for. It explores the interesting aspects of daemons that not enough people look into. I'm very sad that this hasn't updated in so long. I looks like it was going to be really interesting. I can only imagine how amazing it was going to be. I bet Harry meeting Luna Lovegood and her Snorkack daemon would be the most insane thing ever. I really wish there could be more of this story. Maybe you could pick it up again? Anyway, good job on the story.
PerfectionJune chapter 24 . 12/24/2014
Highly Enjoyable. Do try to write more someday.
skendo chapter 24 . 11/25/2014
Interesting story :D but I am confused as to who Quirinus and Ballari are ...
Ciekawa Osoba chapter 24 . 10/15/2014
Tam's propensity for the ostentatious, overt... shouts that they will not be oppressed anymore.
I'm saddened that this has not been updated for over two years now.
I heart vamps chapter 24 . 10/13/2014
Please update soon
PiptheSnake chapter 24 . 9/15/2014
This is brilliant; MUST HAVE MORE
Vangran chapter 24 . 8/18/2014
A most fascinating tale thus far. I dearly wish you would continue it.
OldestOfTheYoung chapter 24 . 8/8/2014
Please update soon! I absolutely love your story and everything about it! All of your Daemons are unique and fit in perfectly with the story and I just love your interactions between Harry and Tam! It is all very well written and a joy to read. _
Axalion chapter 24 . 3/25/2014
I want to say a lot but I don't know if you're still doing anything with this fic so I won't bother critiquing. So far it has been an amazingly enjoyful read. I love your organization and when I read the author notes and see how much you actually had prepared for this fic I am blown away. Your characters are very well thought out to an extent that goes above and beyond what many would even consider and it's awesome. The way you've considered each daemon for each person as well as how it would change that character's experience really shows. To that extent you have masterfully combined the worlds of Harry Potter and the His Dark Materials series. I would love to see more characters' reactions to Harry and Tam as well as how you would portray their daemons in future chapters and I hope that this inspires you to post what you already have. Another thing I look forward to is more interaction with the armored bears anf the mages. Of course I also want to know what interesting thing you have seoarating Harry and Tam from everyone else, but I'm sure everyone else does too. Then there's the mention of Dust in the last chapter anf you just have to see how you are evil to leave such cliff hangers! But this truly was an excellent read.
Axalion
doodles chapter 13 . 2/21/2014
Red panda. Not a bear, almost a cat but not quite...reddish, has a bushy tail, cream colored markings.
Knowledge is a powerful tool chapter 24 . 1/27/2014
This is... very interesting. Intriguing. I like it.
Waywardneko chapter 24 . 12/20/2013
This is oh so very good! I wish you would update! It;s hard to find Daemon!Fics of Harry Potter
Thaumologist chapter 24 . 9/30/2013
Really enjoyed this. There's not exactly much HDM/HP to go on, so it's interesting to see it done well.

Any plans for continuation, or is this now abandoned?