Reviews for The Game of Champions
mangagirl18 chapter 12 . 9/17
This was an absoloutely fascinating story. Simply fantastic world building and character development. The grammar could use some tweaks, but it never kept me from being invested. Truly a marvelous work, even if it never gets continued (which I hope it will someday, but I understand that RL comes first). I loved Akiha, and Red and even Blue. Though I didn't care much for Misty which was kinda sad, bc I love her in canon. Brock's story was absoloutely brilliant! I actually learned something too, as I'd never heard of the Ainu People before. Definately the most realistic take on the pkmn world I've ever come across.
I confess I didn't care for the ninetails lore, but the way Blue handled it was pretty awesome, the cocky bastard.
I might add more observations in another review, but anyway. I very much enjoyed this, and if you ever want it beta'd just let me know. :) I'd be more than happy to tweak all the chapters.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Hope you're doing well whereever you are.
I'll continue to hold out hope for an update someday, but I know life is unpredicdable.
Ai chapter 12 . 9/11
Oh my gosh I love Akiha! it took me a moment to get the reference "Green" but once I did I was immediately even more intrigued.
Man I just really love this story, and even if it's dead (which would be sad, but I understand that life happens and muses are fickle), I thank you very much for posting!
Fascinating and intrigueing.
Whoa nice!
Finn Prosser chapter 1 . 8/28
I've been begging for more for three years now. This is top three favourite stories for me in any medium, and the thought that I might never get more is soul crushing.
I'll be honest - brutal, realistic Pokémon, especially with it shown so starkly, isn't my cup of tea. Hell, it's part of the reason why I gave up on 'The Origin Of Species'. But I know good writing when I see it, and this is easily quality writing. It's harsh and cruel but also true and accurate, especially with the deeply fleshed out lore and incredibly logical data. The format is a little disconcerting, but followable, and the sheer depth of the tale is astounding. A pity it's been abandoned for more than 3 years now, but it's quite good, if not a little too dark for my tastes. The very least I will say, is that it was pulled off spectacularly
This might be the most unique pokemon story out there! Really intrigued can't wait to learn more! :)
jaymekearns89 chapter 12 . 8/13
Thos entire story gripped me in a way I don't believe any other has. Please continue
This fic is lit!
Milothepup13 chapter 1 . 7/19
I really, really hope for more, it's absolutely brilliant!
jsa07d chapter 12 . 7/17
Great to come back to this story... now if only it could get a middle and ending, it would be perfect!
Red stuff chapter 5 . 7/8
Wow. "Pokemon needs politics" said no one ever. Great writing so far but get rid of the political angle that is not what Pokemon is about! There's no better way to make something boring then by adding politics. Pokemon shouldn't be boring...
Wow this is such a fascinating story! Really look forward to future chapters! :D
Ryoji Mochizuki chapter 12 . 7/4
wow. very well interested.
Alice chapter 12 . 6/21