Reviews for The Game of Champions
greenking13 chapter 12 . 1/16
Holy shit. I've put out a few decent reviews, saying the author's were great at writing... but holy shit. This is a grittier and darker take on the Pokemon world, yet you've made it fit perfectly, with even tamed Pokemon keeping their inherit nature.

Even though there has been a nearly three year gap between your last update, and this one, I sincerely hope one day you either update, or state that you've written an epic book series because either way, I'll be watching for something from you.

-Greenking13
SuperSaiyanTeemo chapter 12 . 1/6
it's been a great read so far, love red's pikachu especially in this
GamerGoonFTW chapter 12 . 12/15/2017
I don't know if you are just on duty or if you are even alive, but this story is fantastic and we all would love for you to work on it again.
Guest chapter 12 . 12/12/2017
Whoa! This is awesome!
Some Guy In An Ambulance chapter 5 . 12/8/2017
My God. I don't think I've giggiled like a maniac in quite some time. There's something magical about this story. It's definetly one of those greats on fanfiction. Ahhh, feels good. I so love these more 'real' pokemon stories. Or any shounen story/game in general. It's those folk who can make a Naruto, One Piece, or World of Warcraft fic different from the games/tv and add some real bite to them that I adore. Real steaks, where a fireball to the face means likely if not certain death. Where the silent dagger is just as much a threat as a raging dragon. I live for stories like those, like this. Sorting the pokemon gyms into clans? I'd imagined this, but hadn't seen it in such a serious fiction. Upgrading the position of gym leaders and the champion, and recognizing the sheer terrifying nature of pokemon? Perfect. The power that Lance, and even Brock is amazing. I can safely say they've got projection of power down pat. And guns are to be used in only the most dangerous of scenarios? Oh boy, that's simply the best. Guns ruin so many good fantasy and low fantasy stories. Thank God. This story is just so good. It always feels good to see Elders get their asses beat. To see a game get fleshed out with real people, real culture. Ahh, L'Amore.
JaeHufflepuff777 chapter 12 . 11/23/2017
Oh man, this was amazing. I love how you made the Pokemon world so realistic. I really hope you do eventually pick this back up, so keep up the great writing!
Inconclusive chapter 12 . 11/14/2017
This is excellent. What a skilled, perfectly paced and engagong retelling. You address and expound on so many things that the series hinted at or failed to explore, and you do it engagingly and with humour. I really do hope you find the time or the inspiration to continue this sometime.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/15/2017
By the way, in a sentence where you use the word 'a' or 'an' the difference is the presence of a vowel. If the word afterwards starts with a vowel you use an not a. E.g. a reptile, an amphibian. That fucking simple so stop doing it wrong.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/15/2017
Just as a nitpick, you mentioned venamoth caviar in this chapter and yet the venamoth earlier in the story was pregnant with a venonat. Biologically this makes no sense. Why not just say crabby caviar or luvdisc caviar, that'd make a lot more sense considering they're actually from the sea and likely produce eggs.
king-of-sass chapter 11 . 9/27/2017
Still, hands down, the best Pokemon story I have ever read.
Evelhundrege chapter 12 . 9/24/2017
You should have put more work into this, Lamora. And then published your own actual book. Because I would have bought it. Your writing story is full of machismo and is generally fucking awesome.
Guest chapter 12 . 9/13/2017
I don't know if you've given up on this story, I don't know if you've just needed to get some real life things in order, he'll I don't even know if you're still alive. But if you are, please come back, please update this story. You have an extraordinary talent for writing, and you have created what I consider and will always consider to be the true form of the Pokemon world. This is 100% my head canon. Even if you never do continue this story, I beg you to continue writing in general, fanfiction or otherwise. The world needs talented writers like you.
777MAR777 chapter 9 . 8/28/2017
I didn't really like the forced humor in this chapter. I felt it came at the cost of Red's stoic cool character.

Really good story otherwise.
777MAR777 chapter 7 . 8/28/2017
"There's a reason I let him be my rival."

Damn...
George1892 chapter 12 . 8/20/2017
This is a brilliant story. I hope someday you can come back to it an shed light on the wonderful mysteries you've created.
1,184 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »