Reviews for The Game of Champions
mutecebu chapter 11 . 1/19
Can't shake the Naruto
CloysterExploder chapter 2 . 1/19
How does a man in his 40's have a 16 Year Old Grandson?
mutecebu chapter 10 . 1/18
Wow. This chapter. I am just in awe.
Misty, her Bitch List, Aion the Immortal, how you dramatized Recover so well, Snorlax as a natural disaster, Blue being awesome, Bill being Fucking awesome, and "Yo, champ in making!"

Oh yeah, and "Prepare for trouble."

Just. This chapter.
lesnave chapter 11 . 1/17
This story is amazing, is it officially discontinued?
Gengario chapter 11 . 1/16
I can't write a proper review. This story is just too good. Too unique. I want to gush, but there's so much to gush about that I don't even know where to begin. I first found this story a couple years ago, and it's stuck with me ever since. I'd even say it's been a major influence on me.

The two gym battles you've written so far - against Brock and Misty - are the greatest Pokemon battles ever, in any medium. The anime, the comics, the thousands of other fanfics... they've got nothing on Pikachu vs Sky Eater.

The premise is such a unique take on Pokemon, but makes so much sense. Not only does it explain oddities of the Pokemon world - the uneven technological progress, the small populations, the lack of non-pokemon weapons, etc. - but completely erases the moral dilemma of capturing animals and forcing them to fight each other. They do it because they have to to survive. I can't see Pokemon any other way now.

The first time I read how Red bonded with Pikachu in the forest, I nearly cried, it was so beautiful. And your description of the Champion - who he is, why he exists - is enough to make anyone want to leave home and become a pokemon trainer.

I hope you consider writing novels in the future. Your writing still needs some work, but it's nothing an editor and personal experience can't fix.

And please, PLEASE keep updating. Even if it's just 1 or 2 chapters a year, that's enough to keep me happy. I need to know what happens in Vermilion City!
FicWader chapter 11 . 1/12
I'm glad I follow Kenchi618's podcast. You were recommended there and I enjoyed this story immensely. Impressive writing. You actually managed to make Blue out to be likable character and badass in his own right without shadowing Red too much. I like the dual POV you have going. Hope for more updates.
ReaganApril chapter 1 . 1/11
Currently the greatest work in the fandom. Excellent, excellent job.
Love this Any chance of an update again? :D
Love this! Any chance of updating again? :D
Issuino Yumi chapter 11 . 1/2
Hello Lamora. Will you continue this fic?
H chapter 11 . 1/1
So, happy new year.
Intemporel.J chapter 11 . 12/31/2014
Wow this whole story is incredible. You're an amazing writer!
I hope you'll update this soon, i can't wait to read more :)
Unidentified chapter 10 . 12/30/2014
So ACE has tried to, and possibly succeeded in, killing Red's parents. This was not their brightest move. Well, unless they actually wanted the kid who's gonna end up with Mewtwo, let alone a Snorelax, to kill everyone involved.
Unidentified chapter 9 . 12/30/2014
That last line is still sappy, and still awesome. And the Clefairy fluff is just about perfect.
Unidentified chapter 8 . 12/30/2014
RedGreen! Huh, I hadn't considered that. My personal reservations (see: prudishness) aside, I like how you've adapted the plot of Pokemon Yellow to include a mildly psychic, part Mr. Mime, somewhat feral Red, a foul mouthed but enjoyably obnoxious Blue, a superspy Green with political aspirations, and made actual backstories for the major characters. A pity Green isn't her delightfully snarky supervillian self, though. That's probably my favorite incarnation.
948 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »