Reviews for The Game of Champions
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2016
There was always such a cool mystery about Red. And I'm glad someone was able to make such an amazing story about him.
I just got done reading the most recent chapter, chapter 12, and I'm wanting more to read! Good job and keep up the great work!
leeuhmm chapter 12 . 2/11/2016
This is for lack of a better word... excellent. Please continue it if you find the time :) Good luck to you.
nysilvy chapter 8 . 2/5/2016
I just haaave to know: is it Lapras (HG/SS) or Espeon (G/S/C) on Red's championship team? I feel like Espeon might be more probable, as the antithesis to Blue's Umbreon, but maybe it's weird to have Red also get an Eevee. Though I guess it would be even weirder to have two Water-type Pokemon on a championship team.
nysilvy chapter 2 . 2/5/2016
One typo in ch. 1 - "Before, I had been the (one) he'd surpassed..."

Just making a few notes on possible plot-holes:

Oak is in his late forties. Assuming he's 49 at the very oldest, for Blue to be 16, he and his son would have had to have children at 16 and 17. Are Oaks that precocious? I could imagine Gary having several illegitimate children running around already, comparing his personality to Prof. Oak's.

The way Red talks to the male in ch. 1 (who we later find out is Lt. Sarge) is a bit awkward/conflicting ("judging by your occupation she was either absent or didn't know how to raise a son", "watching you rot from your ignorance"). It feels like Red is talking more to an ordinary Rocket grunt (occupation? and later, how Red explains how he can't describe leaving a parent). As a side note, "heartless bitch" isn't Green, right? It would also be dissonant with how Red talks to her here. I just can't keep these horribly ominous vibes away though..
anothersignalman chapter 12 . 2/4/2016
Incredible story.

Looking forward to the next instalment.
to hey you chapter 1 . 2/4/2016
nice way to write the 1000th review
HEY YOU chapter 12 . 2/4/2016
ITS BEEN A WHOLE DAMN YEAR, YOU DEAD OR SOMETHING?! if so i send my regards and thanks for your personal contribution to works of fiction everywhere BUT FOR NOW IM GONNA SHOUT. WHY IS THERE NOT MORE?! IM BEGGING YOU
Guest chapter 12 . 2/3/2016
THIS STORY IS AMAZING! I have entirely fallen in love with Red and the way you wrote him and how you have captured his voice and the STUNNING world building! The way the humans and pokemon interact and the little snippets at the end of every chapter are great. Also the overarching storyline and the whole interrogation thing is getting really interesting and I can't wait to find out how everything brought Red to this point as well as can't wait to find out how it's going to be resolved once and for all, since it seems Red has a plan… Also, I love Blue and how you write the two rivals and how important their rivalry is. What exactly happened at the championships? How is it all going to end up? Great writing!
nysilvy chapter 12 . 1/29/2016
This fic is just killing me slowly. Who knew a Pokemon story could be such an insidious addiction? The things I would do to satisfy the craving...

Anyways, what a simply orgasmic read. Mindblowing character and world building. You really bring Pokemon to life - in a way that engages our nostalgia and adult imagination.

Good luck in the Air Force! And don't forget your ravenous readers, we're dying for more! In the case that you won't have any more time to continue the story, thank you for sharing such an inspirational weaving of our childhood dreams.
AHandfulOfKibble chapter 12 . 1/22/2016
Seeing as I never had an account until recently and I've been shadowing this wonderful fic for the last two years, all I can say is that time hasn't diminished the flair of your writing nor the wonder of your world-building. Truly my favourite Pokemon fic on any site, period.

Hope the air force is turning out as you hoped and cannot wait for any future instalments.
Cleric of Vecna chapter 12 . 1/17/2016
Well, I've been wanting to do this review for a while, but with the 1 year landmark since the last update happened, I figured now was a good as time as any. First review, don't hate.

Found this story when I was looking for something to read at school, and I was not disappointed. I love your writing style. The world building is absolutely phenomenal, from the detail of something as trivial as rangers in the routes to the thorough backstories to cities, you have made them incredibly vivid and easy to imagine.

Your portrayal of Red is very unique. I have read very few stories which can successfully convey how a silent protagonist communicates, but you managed. I'm in two minds about him, one thinks of him on the side of a slight Mary Sue, but on the other hand you've made his loathing of charity or any kind of give away overwhelmingly apparent. Examples would be the Charmander, Misty's Gym badge, or even the Pokedex, if Blue hadn't influenced Red into getting one.

You somehow managed to make Blue a strange combination of a likable, witty while still snarky and rude rival. His commentary is entertaining to say the least, and I'm incredibly eager to see how they continue to clash.

I have read each chapter more times than I would care to admit, your writing is incredible.

Hope you're doing well in the Air Force, will continue checking back.
CloysterExploder chapter 4 . 1/11/2016
Continued from previous...Gozen has two Girls?Why is concordia listed as a character?Are you ever actually going to finish this?PM or Author's note your answer.
CloysterExploder chapter 1 . 1/11/2016
The story is probably the best I have seen in terms of world need a proof reader/Fact checker.I have a few old is Professor Oak?From Chapter 11 Samurai G
My goodness chapter 5 . 1/11/2016
What a phenomenal story so far. I only just realised that Ainu Skyeater all in black with his mask-like crest must be an Anakin Skywalker reference.
Crysi102 chapter 12 . 1/3/2016
This is the single best fanfiction I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

I do hope you're not gone forever, as I would very much love to continue reading this.

Hell, I would pay for you to continue writing this, if you didn't point out that you aren't and will not get paid for writing this. xD (That was a joke)

I can respect those who take time in their writing, but please don't make us wait a full year for a chapter. xD
1,156 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »