Reviews for The Game of Champions
Fimbu1vetr chapter 7 . 4/27/2015
LOL P OAK EFAGGOT. And was the "PUT YOUR GUNS ON!" a Sengoku Basara reference?
Fimbu1vetr chapter 6 . 4/27/2015
Blue umbreon fun :D
Ancestor's Dragon chapter 12 . 4/24/2015
This story has been absolutely brilliant. It's a tad more brutal than I was expecting, but I love what you've done with it nonetheless. The characters are a riot to read, especially Blue. Great job with this story so far, I eagerly await the next chapter.
TwoFourSixEight chapter 12 . 4/23/2015
I love this story! Please update soon :)
Sandaime Hokage chapter 12 . 4/19/2015
Loving what you have done so far, really like the world you have created, looking forward to the next chapter
WellWhatDoYouKnow chapter 9 . 4/15/2015
"But I you didn't stand out" I'm assuming that supposed to be "but if"

So shot in the dark here but is this—"I was haunted by something I could not define."—a reference to the song the distance by Cake because it matches a lyric almost perfectly
WellWhatDoYouKnow chapter 8 . 4/15/2015
How long has it been since red left Pallet town in this chapter? In some ways it seems like a month or less but in others it seems like much longer.

Correction: "but rather, a edge rapidly" should be an edge
Mori Summers chapter 12 . 4/15/2015
This is the best fanfic that I have ever seen. The gym leaders are actually cool, the rivalry between Red and Blue is well developed, and Red is amazing. I honestly can not thank you enough for writhing this.
WellWhatDoYouKnow chapter 4 . 4/15/2015
"The answer, as usual, lied in the middle" lied should be lay
WellWhatDoYouKnow chapter 3 . 4/15/2015
I've heard many people say this is the best work in the pokemon fandom and one of the best fanfics ever written. I'd have to agree. That being said, Typos: "and I ignored me when I tried to communicate"
Possible missing word:"when disaster with a sharp electromagnetic snap"
raspberrypirate chapter 12 . 4/13/2015
Please continue this, it's excellent!

The dark, gritty narrative can be overdone, but in this story it's buoyed by moments of friendliness and joy, with a compelling and smoothly developing storyline. Speaking of, underlying story, which is hinted at in each chapter, pulls you into the world. Don't let us get stuck halfway in!
dktsubani chapter 12 . 4/4/2015
Alright, the first thing that I'd like to mention: the broad scope of this is absolutely amazing. Even with the slow pace I find that it's absolutely worth it, if only for the vast range of emotion and concepts that you're exploring here. 10/10 for that!

The second thing that I'm getting is the foreshadowing; I'm guessing that the double(-turned-triple) agent is Lt. Surge, and based on what he said on being promised Wattson's life, he's playing along with Team Rocket and Giovanni in order to achieve that goal. (Which begs the question of what's in the pokeball and the thing that Giovanni does not know is in the interrogation room. I'm guessing it's something highly dangerous that could quite possibly kill everyone in the room. But I digress.)

Thirdly, I need to rave about your use of first-person. Because there's not a lot of people that can pull off a first-person narrative without it becoming exposition or pure info-dump, in my opinion, and you just pulled it off spectacularly. Kudos for that!

I'll be definitely following this story (I've already added you to my list, ha, back in chapter... 5?) and stay safe with the Air Force! Waiting time is definitely worth it with this. :D

I look forward to seeing what else you come up with!

-dktsubani
The Reader and Writer chapter 12 . 4/3/2015
This is a fantastic story. It is one of the most unique ways of story telling I have ever read on this site. It is a flashback-interview style that works so well with the way you have progressed the story. I really can't wait for more. You have a fantastic story here. This is much more logical to how the Pokemon would would actually be compared to both the Anime and the games. . Great job!
Black Eclipsed Soul chapter 12 . 4/1/2015
Awesome story! I was so engaged by your writing I just couldn't stop reading until I caught up, so I can't wait to read the next chapter now! keep up the great work :)
Guest chapter 10 . 4/1/2015
North of Saffron and east of Celadon- you implied that Sabrina and Erika are even bigger bitchez than Misty, and hell I am dying to see them.
You've made gym leaders what they're meant to be; pokebattling legends and veterans. It seems every gym leader has their flagship pokemon, with Sky-Eater, Aion the immortal and the yet to be seen in proper badass action, Blitz the war vet blitzkrieg.
Continuing this trend, let me make the assumption of Erika having a monster-eating victreebel that can digest golems in a few hours. Ivysaur's chosen pokevenom being Oda's ire, the japanese gym leader Koga with his massive dragon-snake of an arbok named Oda. Sabrina's alakazam- I don't even wanna go there. Blaine would whistle and bring his own fucking heatran from the Cinnabar volcano- amirite? Your writing is so amazing that I spend hours imagining the future of your story. Were this a book, I'd buy it for the price of a gold nugget.
1,182 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »