Reviews for The Game of Champions
Dentro del Infinito chapter 12 . 3/15/2015
Well, what can I say? It's been a fun ride up until now. No discearnable grammar mistakes, a continuous sense of flow, and just about the right ammount of detail to immerse you in the story without being overwhelming. Oh, and the plot is damn nice, too. Really looking forward the rest of this tale, man. Keep it up.
zestycrouton chapter 12 . 3/14/2015
Can I just begin by saying that this is one of the single greatest stories I've yet read on this site? And I've been here for over a decade, so that's saying something. The entire pokemon section owes you a debt of gratitude, because up until now, and with but one exception, I fully believed that there were no decent fics to be found here. How wrong I was.

I was a little caught off-guard at first with the sheer brutality you illustrated here; not between pokemon, but with Red's interactions with them, particularly at the beginning with the Venomoths and the Pikachu. Not that it was poorly done in any way; I suppose I'm just not used to seeing it play out in stories, but I'm not complaining that you did. It adds a layer of believability to a world full of super-powered monsters, and makes the battles seem much more intense when we know that 'fainting' isn't the most likely outcome of failure.

I love the level of depth you add to characters like Brock and Misty, and the relationship between Red and Blue. There are just so many things about this story that I love, and if I sit here and list them all, it might just rival the length of one of your chapters. I guess I'll spare you that trauma... though I have to say- the chapters told from Blue's point of view are some of my favorite. You've managed to capture his personality so completely that at times I have to remind myself that this isn't cannon. Also, Red trades a poliwhirl for a jynx named Lola? Brilliant reference. Ten points to you.

I'm assuming Red is going to eventually capture the mon's he has available when you battle him at the end of Gold and Silver? Or are you running the HG/SS team? If I remember correctly, one of them had an Espeon and the other didn't, though I can't remember which one. As for Blue, I initially assumed he'd have his team from the end of G/S as well, which I think included a Tyranitar, but I don't think he had a Ninetails, so maybe I'm wrong and you're just doing what you want, which is fine by me.

I guess if I have any complaint, it's just the slow updates. I know I just found this story yesterday, but judging by the initial post and update dates, you take a good long while writing each chapter. I'd complain, but what's the point when each installment is so expertly crafted? Besides, you mentioned you're in the airforce now, and I have mad respect for that. I guess I'll just let this review end now.

Thanks for all you do,
Keep it Zesty,

ZC
Addles28 chapter 12 . 3/11/2015
Can you please update soon I know you are in the Air force and your free time is somewhat limited but the acticipation is real.
Ranglar chapter 12 . 3/11/2015
Over 79 thousand stories in this category and not a single one comes close to being as good as this one. The dialogue, the world building, the characters, and everything else is amazingly good. Thank you.
Unidentified chapter 12 . 3/9/2015
Also, Red is developing his psychic abilities, and has reached the level of advanced trainer sense. And Lt. Surge is carrying Mewtwo's pokeball. Or maybe one of the Thee Birds'. Still more foreshadowing!
Unidentified chapter 12 . 3/9/2015
Red's going to come back eventually, right? And I wonder if he's going to adopt a Squirtle, or Big Brother?
Guest chapter 12 . 3/3/2015
This is a damn good story. I'm not even that big on the Pokémon series though I have played both red and blue back in the day.

Your portrayal of both Red and blue are phenomenal and truly paint the pictures of rough boys in the path to their legends.
The ever changing Story POV keeps things interesting and you really add that extra element to things with the Time Skips between the beginning and current events of the story.
I look forward to your next update.

Your new fan,
r0nind
Ranglar chapter 4 . 3/1/2015
I don't know that I've ever felt this much hype about a Pokemon battle before, in any format.
Apocalypse chapter 12 . 3/1/2015
This is everything I have been waiting for. Holy shit. Please update whenever you are able.
i am the king chapter 12 . 2/26/2015
dude..fuck this is one of the most insane fanfics i have ever read.
kudos man please please update soon!
THESTEVE chapter 12 . 2/20/2015
One of the most addicting pieces of literature i've ever had the pleasure of reading. If you were able to write an entire novel's worth of material I could easily see this being bought by many people.
OokamiMoon chapter 12 . 2/19/2015
Hi I have to say this story is amazing, well written and punctuated! I love the way you write Red and the Battle between Red and Misty? Mind Blown! Just a question do you plan on adding any of trainers or Pokemon?
GreyAncient chapter 11 . 2/18/2015
This is by far the most realistic pokemon fanfic I've ever read. I love how you've painted the world, expanding on some of the unsettling implications that exist in the games.
Robert's Hammer chapter 12 . 2/18/2015
Is red going to get a war turtle or Blastoise? Exciting stuff man- I'm also interested in how wars would be fought in the Pokemon figure that a society on the edge like how you described it would be to busy to fight.
A friend chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
I just recently read this story and I loved I couldn't stop reading it and I dread the end. Anyway thank you for the update, I hope you continue to make great content. It's our job as reviewers to critique your work, so that's what I'm going to try to do.
1,155 | « Prev Page 1 .. 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 .. Last Next »