Reviews for The Game of Champions
mutecebu chapter 5 . 12/20/2014
Fun as usual.

Typos:
"ordered him a feast a pokemon takeout service"
mutecebu chapter 4 . 12/20/2014
"Pic attached - it's me and my badge"
This had me laughing. Bravo. I absolutely love your characterization of Gary.

I like how seriously red takes everything, plus how he's a badass in his own small ways, yet he seems way in over his head wherever he is. It makes the world itself seem dangerous, which is of course one of the primary features of the setting. Nice.

Typo: "even through their spcies shock-retardant fur" - should have an appostrophe.

"a easy, if solitary existance"
mutecebu chapter 3 . 12/20/2014
Hey there! Loving the story. Some typos:

...since a discovery of this magnatude had been discovered

How long? how long until before technology...

There was one place with "am" instead of "an"

"When disaster with a sharp electromagnetic snap"

I laughed at the line where he forgoes the gas stove because he knows how to build fire - "there is more comfort in memory than technology, because one will not fail you on a rainy day." Ironic, because if it really is raining, the gas stove WILL work, while a self-built fire... ;)

A lot of fun as usual!
mutecebu chapter 2 . 12/19/2014
Dark continents? Iiiiiiinteresting...
mutecebu chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
A great opening! The comment about the lonbying wars at the end was great. Also, MrMime's hardening exoskeleton setting the face. Also, the "CatchEmAll" children's game. Many stories put fun universe details in assides, but these were excelent.
Guest chapter 5 . 12/18/2014
Hell yeah! Best fanfic I've read in a long time!
Reptile3607 chapter 10 . 12/18/2014
The only pokemon fanfiction I've ever read... Because I just know I'll never fins anything this good again ;)
TheArticunoHunter chapter 11 . 12/14/2014
I don't care how long it takes to release the next chapter. So long as it's released. That said, please tell me this won't end up as a dead fic.
KanadeSong chapter 11 . 12/13/2014
The way you wove all those extras into the story, in particular historical and cultural occurrences, is freaking brilliant. If only you'd update.
rogueofstorms chapter 11 . 12/12/2014
Just finished reading through everything to date. Gotta say, the way you write pokemon battles and Red's interactions with Pikachu is absolutely amazing - to the point where I'm picking up my pokemon games for the first time in months!
senpen banka chapter 11 . 12/1/2014
Excellent story! Can't wait to read more!
Draconic-Master chapter 11 . 11/26/2014
Out of all the stories I've come across on FFNet concerning Pokemon, this is the darkest, grittiest and seriously the most amazing. I've been reading it since another person recommended it. It's a fantastic read and I really am enjoying it, it's a pleasure to read.
eragon5443 chapter 3 . 11/23/2014
This was very good
Memory25 chapter 11 . 11/22/2014
O.o Wow. I must confess I dare not fathom the amount of staggering research you must have done into this. Unless you're Japanese, of course, then I curse your good fortune for having all of that at your fingertips (or textbooks/children storybooks). I adore Japanese culture, as most manga/anime/game enthusiasts, as it is awesome.

Either way, this is truly a brilliant piece of work, and while I have to confess to ignoring the 'present' snaps of Team Rocket rifling through shit, mysterious Prof. Oak appearances, and outraging accusations of being Lt Surge of all people (I have, by no means, the abs to be him)...eh, this is an awesome story.

Seeing as you last updated in May and started this story slightly more than 3 years ago, I'm thinking you're going to wait until probably sometime early next year before presenting the next chapter. That's alright. I'm sure you know what you're doing by now and yeah, just keep doing whatever it is, because it works. ;P As a fellow writer, I salute you!
Night Hawk 97 chapter 11 . 11/20/2014
Finally, a story that is fantastically written with engaging characters and interesting, intelligent action. Halle-freaking-lujah
1,078 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 .. Last Next »