Reviews for The Game of Champions
Zakeraz chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
My goodness, you have a gift for making this story so compelling. I always enjoy world-building stories and you find a great balance between that and character building. The tension in the interrogation scene continues to mount as Red's story takes still more interesting turns. That said, I'm a little conflicted about Red's empathy super power. Leads are a little less compelling and relatable when they have something that sets them apart from everyone else. Although you do state this ability of his isn't perfect; the image of Trident picking Red up and throwing him into the ocean was hilarious by the way. That and it could be explained as the intuition he picked up working at Oak's lab for so long and his scars attest to making plenty of mistakes there too.
Guest chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
Great work. I hope for another update soon.
Oh I am Slain chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
I knew instantly that this idea I hadn't been my brightest.
typo: extra or missing word?

I'm starting to get inklings of how Red is in his current situation.

Also, the world-building is delicious like in previous chapters, though obviously this time it's focused on Surge, the Kanto Military, the Squirtle Line, and possible military history.
n0mster chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
Another interesting chapter. I'm once again struck by how intriguing your interpretation of Pokemon is though I have to admit that there are times where your sentence structure and writing flat-out confuses me. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but it's almost as if there's a rhythm to your writing that I'm not entirely in-sync with.

This is far to say that your writing is bad, on the contrary, I find it definitely one of the better examples I've seen on the site. Maybe it's how your story is told from a socially-stunted Red?

Anyway, glad to see how your world continues to get fleshed out and your interpretation of canon is always entertaining to read. I'm not too sure what exactly Trident Lead expected out of Red in the end, but it's always interesting to see how different Red is, both in temperament and in ability. I suspect that the rift between the Blastoise and Lieutenant Surge springs from the whole betrayal by Wattson and that Trident Lead's trainer possibly had the same idea as Surge, double-crossing the traitor at the most crucial minute, but was instead beaten to the crunch by Lt Surge and was instead killed despite continuing to be loyal. Heck, maybe due to the danger posed by Trident Lead, Lt Surge purposely targeted him and his trainer first in order to prevent their retaliation.

As always, looking forward to your next update.
Captain Rodriguez chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
I've been waiting for this! I lived in fear for months that this fanfic was dead, but it's back with another update! Excellent job as always. I don't think I can bear another nine months of waiting, though.
Until next time (which is hopefully soon),
Captain Rodriguez
Han-Ko chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
:D awesome update
Praegressus chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
Amazing. What you're writing here is simply amazing.
Worldbuilding, characters, action scenes... every single thing is on point, and I'm loving it.

Thanks for continuing the story.
TJ chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
YEEESSSSSS!

That is all...
Bard of Death chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
It was a bit late... but worth the wait...
Totally appreciate the new chapter. .
Hoping for faster updates. .!
Guest chapter 12 . 2/2/2015
Thrilled to have an update man, love how much you keep to the original story while multiplying the awesome indefinitely.
Awesoooooooooome!

You are a God if Pokemon Fanfictions.
h chapter 12 . 2/1/2015
It's been a long wait. But it was worth it.
historiafan8763 chapter 12 . 2/1/2015
This...I'm sure you've heard this multiple times already, but I am compelled to say it again.
This fic is completely stunning.
The expansion of canon, underlying history, and the absolutely realistic portrayal of the world is staggering to read. I could go on all day here, but that will just be boring for you.
All I can say is that you created a masterpiece. And it will be a delight to stick with it all the way.
DrkVrtx chapter 12 . 2/1/2015
It's been said before and will be said many times again, but this story is essentially, IMO, an example of the gold standard of fanfiction. It's a painful, eager wait for each update, but in the end said update doesn't fail to deliver a gripping, engaging tale in its own right. The mythos and world you continue to build is incredible. Massive kudos.
BladeofRays chapter 12 . 2/1/2015
Best pkmn fanfic there is.
1,146 | « Prev Page 1 .. 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 .. Last Next »