Reviews for The Game of Champions
VioletCitizen chapter 11 . 9/26/2014
Excellent fanfic, if it even should be called that anymore: you have made a world that is both interesting and not vague, and characters that I could truly call 'badass', without being far too powerful to lose. Red and blue's relationship is one of the best I've seen, with it being cleasr that they both respect (and fear) each other, and not without cause. Great story.
lolreader39 chapter 11 . 9/21/2014
Wow, once I start reading this story I just can't stop. I like how you combine the game, comic, and TV mechanics into your story. Hope you update soon.
MarvellousPrat chapter 11 . 9/21/2014
I love your characterization and the way you write, I honestly could not stop reading this :)
Guest chapter 11 . 9/19/2014
More please. I need to see Gary kicking more ass. I also liked how this tied into the anime episode with Brock.
ApprenticeOfDaedalus chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
Your story is filled with plot-twists, and possibly the most detailed Pokémon FanFic I've ever read. It's more detailed than The Straight Elf's 'Traveler'.
oldman543 chapter 11 . 9/10/2014
Still awesome. Just re-read this. Hope you update again.
Amusebeard chapter 11 . 9/8/2014
I love your story. I don't need to add anything else. It's just beautiful.
Zakeraz chapter 11 . 9/7/2014
The parallel plots taking place work well in this story. The snippets of Red's interrogation are short but effectively remind readers he's recounting his tale while in an extremely dangerous situation.
Blue manages to be an ass hole with an infectious charisma. I can't help but like him even though I'd hate being on the receiving end of his appalling behavior, terrible worldview and childish insults.
How big is this Bulbasaur's pot? The first description of it made it seem like it's nearly the size of a laundry basket and that Green ha it sitting on her head, which made that and all the following scenes with it really odd. The progress of this story's updates are a bit worrying but understandable. Your story has also done a good job of distracting me from my school work.
Zakeraz chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
The dynamic between Red and Pikachu is really interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how that turns out as well a what Red does with team members that act differently.
Zakeraz chapter 3 . 9/6/2014
I normally don't appreciate toilet humor, but that scene at the inn was rather amusing. The scene with the retired champion was well done also, especially when he mentioned his team passing away.
Mocc1 chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
This is a great story the characters are amusing the plot is exciting and you have GOOD grammar such a simple thing that so many people lack. So thank you for the very amazing story thus far.
Steven chapter 5 . 9/5/2014
Incredible. I'm not even halfway through this and I feel like my childhood reverence for pokemon has been re-awakened in a mature form. You have a special gift my friend.
Zakeraz chapter 2 . 9/5/2014
Well, this is quite the interesting story I stumbled upon from imgur of all places. I'm hoping this will hav a much better resolution than The Sun Soul. I'm liking Gary and Red as characters so far. Blue's cool douchebaggery is oddly amusing an Red's moments of quiet affection for Ashford, Oak, and his mom are effective.
Liberticus chapter 4 . 8/31/2014
The author of "Pokemon: Origin of species" recommended this fic and so far I really enjoy it.
Guest chapter 10 . 8/28/2014
Suburban marriage? Are there suburbs? How?

Wastebin? Whose collecting bins? Don't imagine that big bin lorries are coming through. Where would there even be a junkyard? There's no factories to produce the kind of consumerist lifestyle that needs wastebins, in fact how do farms even work if pokemon are everywhere and ready to attack?

Also why does every single leader get mad when the trainer is winning, they seriously can't all be sore losers like that, otherwise no one would like them. Being a gym leader they lose like 20 times a year or something, you'd think they'd have learned sportsmanship, if just for the PR
1,080 | « Prev Page 1 .. 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 33 .. Last Next »