Reviews for The Game of Champions
Sugarflier chapter 2 . 3/9/2014
You're doing some serious world building here. I mean, this isn't just Kanto, you've made it your own Kanto and I'm only two chapters in. Yeah, this really is good stuff.
Confer chapter 10 . 3/9/2014
Pure awesome.

Will be waiting enthusiastically for the next update.
Sugarflier chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Only just started this but I am absolutely engrossed so far - and that's coming from someone who hates Red/Ash. Good work.
adrian11 chapter 10 . 3/9/2014
THIS STORY IS AMAZING!

I f[_]cking love your characterization of Red, even Gary. I just get this feeling of epicness reading your story.
killingChronos chapter 2 . 3/9/2014
You had me at "pokefaggotry".

And not just because it's hilarious. Including things like this makes the world of your story feel more real by far than most fanfics.

Also, it's hilarious.
Go to my Real Account with Ter chapter 10 . 3/9/2014
Found you thanks to DLP.
Beautiful story. Can't wait for more.
Bob Schwartz chapter 10 . 3/8/2014
Oh my god it just got so real.

Blue is the pro, but then, Red thought it up. You portray them perfectly, and the way the story is structured just sets me to happiness. It kind of reminds me of The Name of the Wind, actually, but I daresay this is better. I think I noticed a very vague reference to Cake last chapter also when I was rereading to catch up.

At any rate, awesome chapter. Awesome story. So glad you're back. This is the story that I showed my room-mate to get him into fanfiction, man. Keep it up!
Guest chapter 10 . 3/8/2014
Oh... My... God. I literally screamed encouragement at red's pokemon as I read this. YOU are the one who has broken the bell curve, not Aion. Where does this sort of writing ability even come from? Thank you so much for this piece of literary perfection.
booklover15432 chapter 10 . 3/8/2014
Hi love the new chapter! I hope you post a nother one soon!
shugokage chapter 10 . 3/8/2014
Nice job on this story and chapter!
JmL chapter 10 . 3/7/2014
Glad your back.

Very well written fic.

Cant wait for the next chapter.
TheLonelyApparition chapter 10 . 3/7/2014
I keep trying to sit down and write a coherent review but all that I can say is DANGGGGG. I read most of this fic in one sitting and it's had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I'm a little upset with myself for reading so fast, because now there's no update to look forward too- but that's what rereading is for.

First things first: the way that Red is narrating is AWESOME. The subtle hints at things happening in the "present" and casual references to events that have already happened (which is INFURIATING to not hear more about, by the way) and the mysterious figure whom Red is talking to (who apparently is SURGE?! WHAT) is so intriguing to read.

I adore your characterization of Red and Blue's rivalry. I often see rivals being depicted as really good friends or intense hatred, but not quite... what you have here. I don't have proper words for how I feel about their relationship. I loved Blue's interlude so much; his description of Red was so fun to read (he sounds so PROUD of Red, like "hey look this is my rival bet you wish you had someone as cool as him but you DON'T because he's mine") and Blue knowing that Red would be with him at the Plateau. They are constantly pushing each other to do their best and won't accept anything less from their rival, but also know when to back off- when Red told Blue about killing someone. It's just... a really healthy rivalry. I love it. (Also, cloysterexploder12 is the funniest thing I have seen all day.)

What else is awesome... the battle scenes are always so mind blowing to read, even when I KNOW that Red is going to win I'm still on the edge of my seat wondering if Red's pokemon are going to get hurt beyond repair (even though I KNOW (or hope) that they will be fine.) The mythos of your pokemon world is also super entertaining- The blips at the end of each chapter are nice to have- if this information was explained in the story it wouldn't make sense, but getting the extra knowledge of this world is wonderful- even though some of them raise more questions.

Great work!
foxeatfox chapter 10 . 3/7/2014
Awesome chapter, can't wait to see the next member of reds team. Will it be a snorlax?
claymore78 chapter 10 . 3/6/2014
About time!
The Epitome of Eccentricity chapter 10 . 3/6/2014
I guess that's a no on catching a zapdos, ha!
936 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »