Reviews for The Game of Champions
Manser77 chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Awesome. So is the pidgy he caught not a permanent member of his team, or am I just seriously confused right now?
kbird chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Awesome! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Kain Everguard chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Very confusing at first, but Gary's deductive fortitude is brought to life in a real sense with his ability to find out what is happening in such situation.
Inara Seraph chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Damn, damn, damn. What a great set-up, twist, and conclusion. Multiple twists, actually, all in this one short chapter. How you think of this shit I have no idea.

You could tell the entire story from Blue's point of view instead and it would be just as awesome. The way you've written him is fucking amazing, he's such a badass, but in a different way from Red. Whereas Red tends to be underestimated more like a traditional hero, Blue is just larger than life.

The battle between Red and Blue.. I'm shivering just thinking about it. I wonder if you're going to have them do any battles before Blue becomes champion. If I remember right they do that in the games, but there's no reason you have to do it here. I think it'd be better to have them never actually face off until THE fight.
GeEKy-nERd chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Urgh. This is still as good as when it first started. You are amazing. This was such an enjoyable read. I love Blue's snarkiness and attitude. It's so refreshing. Thank you for the chapter update! Happy writing!
Seven Seven chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Another very, very good chapter.
Dinner chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
At first I didn't like this chapter. But in the end you had me hyped, like a on crack.

Great chapter once again. Though i hope that next chapter we switch back to Red.
kidneysrgood chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Very "Shut up Hannibal" of you. Really enjoyed the monologue. Also, it kind of reminded me of the 10th doctor's rants. So well done. Keep it up.
Bob Schwartz chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Well, shit. This is just awesome on so many levels.
wingsofeagle chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Always good to see another chapter. I love the way you're building the lore... Ninetails are Vulpix with nine tails from nine human souls... Epic.
Guest chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Awesome as always.
Commedia chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
err...Janine is the daughter of koga...jasmine is the leader of olivine. unless you changed something.
vincent1875 chapter 11 . 5/17/2014
Great chapter. Blue is as epic as Red is.
Joules chapter 10 . 5/6/2014
Fantastic. You've got yourself another fan. I can't wait to read more! Still only two badges in, and there's already been so much going on. I like the way you move from the present interrogation to the past story each chapter.

The way you follow the games and make fun of them at the same time is great. (Apricots into pokeballs? Ha.) You even incorporated the old man in Viridian City who taught Red how to throw a pokeball! That is some serious attention to detail. Will there be an immovable truck next to the St. Anne?

I also love your characterization of Blue. Too often fanfic writers just turn the rival character into a villain, or worse, a punching bag. Having Red give as much as he receives in a mutually friendly and respectful fashion is an amazing rarity. They're both out to one up each other in their gym battles, and I find that very entertaining. Having Red as not really a hero is refreshing as well.

The only criticism I have is that I found the first chapter much too verbose - too much exposition using sometimes awkward word choices. I'm really glad I stuck with it though.
Kessler chapter 10 . 5/5/2014
Man I'm so glad you're continuing this story. Seriously this is the only fanfiction I've ever read front to back and wished there was more. Seriously keep on pumping out this gold.
1,004 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »