Reviews for The Game of Champions
Tango Charlie chapter 11 . 11/2/2014
Holy. Shit.

Now this, THIS is a story worth reading. I must say that this is the most amazing PKMN fanfic I have read, bar Symbiosis. The realistic way inw hich you have showed human-Pokemon relations is just amazing. Other fics try to do it, but generally shy away from the main character killing Pokemon. You smashed that by harvesting Venonat foetus from a dead mama Venomoth Red had himself killed.

What I find most intriguing is the history of this world. Clearly, something happened to destroy the world as we know it. Dark Asia... you just blew mind with that one. I mea, I seriously began thinking, Dark Ages, Neo dark ages, information loss, NASA spacecraft, other continents being dark... wow just wow. I seriously hope you will be expanding on that in the future. Probably a nuclear war?

Mutations leading to Pokemon? Or even genetically enhanced war machines? But how has human civilization come to such a small existence. What could have been so catastrophic as to leave Japan as the only inhabitable place in the world? And what about the Dark Continents? Could it be that some of the other highly advanced civilizations from the actualmcountries like USA, britain. India, Australia could be there, but hiding out in small packets? What about the real animals? What about the languages of the past world? Why do Pokemon react violently to Guns?

Do aircrafts exist? What makes Snorlaxes so indestructible?

I seriously hope Red will be leaving to an adventure on these lands. That would be fucking amazing.
mnayeemuddin chapter 11 . 11/2/2014
This entire story is brilliant. For the love of god please continue! I need to know what happens next!
somedude chapter 11 . 10/27/2014
I've just finished reading this for the fifth time now and I still can't get over the amount of detail and world-building you've done in each chapter. I still have that expression of amazement on my face, even after so many reads. Kudos to your ability to keep your readers' minds rooted to this epic. You deserve all the time in the world to continue keeping up this level of quality.
Guest chapter 11 . 10/22/2014
For the love of Mew, please update! Easily the best pokemon fanfic on the net.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/21/2014
Loving the story, but just wanted to point out: "... you could hardly believe [Oak] was in his late forties ..."
I certainly can't believe it, given the presence of a sixteen year old grandson. Oak and his son would have needed to become fathers at a criminally young age. I'll just pretend that I read "late fifties".
Ka-tay's mind chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
Really intriguing beginning, definitely looking forward to the rest. :)
125b chapter 11 . 10/18/2014
Gary is an ass
Tsuchigumo chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Reading the story all over again, I put together some clues from the prologue. Dunno if you read reviews, but I'll offer it up anyway.
1.I have red eyes. It's technically genetic and I'm not albino, as you can tell from my hair, which has never lightened a single shade from charcoal black no matter how many hot afternoons I spent in the sun on the Professor's research ranch. I know 'technically' has perked your interest, but I'll get to the story behind that in due time.

eyes are distinctive of a number of species, some not particularly docile or friendly. Looking back, I have to admit there is a twisted veracity in that childish logic which served to ostracize me from my peers.

mother had moved to Pallet Town alone carrying me, notably absent of any partner save her pokemon.

are somewhere around 1.3 times the size of a normal human eye, and in all typical cases assume a crimson hue.

produce asexually, and are always harsh but protective parents…

into this, the researchers were able to discern that they communicated through sign language, though they were unable to establish an alphabet or pattern, as replicating the gestures effected no discernable response from other pokemon...
the story, unless I assumed wrong, Red seems to be able to use this sign language, despite researchers claiming otherwise.
interaction between Red and Ashford is that of between friends, but if you drink one too many cups of coffee, you'd wonder if it wasn't a bit familial as well.

And because I had one too many cups of coffee, I ask you...
...Is Ashford the Red's father, by some unexplained process?
If I'm right, please write the words "i'm wearing linoone fur panties" at the end of your next post in the game of champions darklordpotter page. If I'm wrong, write "aegislash is a kitchen knife".
kinq chapter 11 . 10/6/2014
This story has been, by far, one of those stories that cannot be called stories but just...all of these lives retold. The plotline is addicting and there isn't any moment wasted that I can see, and everything is just so good that I want to cry because I feel like absolute dirt now.
joshhg chapter 1 . 9/28/2014
This story has totally changed how I look at the world of Pokemon. I love the foreshadowing, the use of tactics one would be unable to use in game but makes perfect sense in "RL". I hope to see more chapters in the future, as this story is in my top ten fics ever.
VioletCitizen chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
I would've liked it a bit more if the framing device was Red facing Ethan in battle, at Mt. Silver, instead of the Rocket interrogation room (or wherever).
VioletCitizen chapter 11 . 9/26/2014
Excellent fanfic, if it even should be called that anymore: you have made a world that is both interesting and not vague, and characters that I could truly call 'badass', without being far too powerful to lose. Red and blue's relationship is one of the best I've seen, with it being cleasr that they both respect (and fear) each other, and not without cause. Great story.
lolreader39 chapter 11 . 9/21/2014
Wow, once I start reading this story I just can't stop. I like how you combine the game, comic, and TV mechanics into your story. Hope you update soon.
MarvellousPrat chapter 11 . 9/21/2014
I love your characterization and the way you write, I honestly could not stop reading this :)
Guest chapter 11 . 9/19/2014
More please. I need to see Gary kicking more ass. I also liked how this tied into the anime episode with Brock.
1,106 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »