Reviews for The Game of Champions
Jigoku no Yami chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
DAMN! Just...DAMN! That was awesome! Take the time you need man to produce master pieces like this. Hell yeah. You rule man. You totally rule!
vincent1875 chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
Epic chapter.
TheHokageNaruto chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
Wohoo! Can't wait for surge!
Caelleh chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
redwinslol.

Good stuff.
Omega-Saber chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
Enjoyed this greatly and can't wait for more. This is one of, if not the best pokemon stories I've come across. Glad to have you posting again.
Obvious Ghost chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
Can we just talk about this?

I seriously thought nothing could top the Onix battle. That was so freaking epic, I actually believed you'd played your best card too early.

But this chapter is mind-blowing. I've never heard a battle described like that. The science involved, the action itself, and especially the backstory and mythos were all beyond anything I expected.

Blue, as always, is simply the best and I refuse to believe you're not sniggering to yourself as you write his lines.

There's only one thing I'm worried about; how the heck are you going to follow it up? You told us that Red's going to nearly lose his own life, gain another Pokemon, watch someone else die, and confront Surge (WHO HE'S BEEN TALKING TO THIS WHOLE TIME, I GUESS, WOW) all in one freaking city.

And if that wasn't enough, two shady characters just murdered someone in Pallet Town.

You probably don't have time to read this, since you have over five hundred reviews, but I just want to change what I said before: this is not on its way to becoming the best Pokemon story on the site.

This IS the best.
Han-Ko chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
yey, thanks for the awesome update :D
Guest chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
Pretty much on the edge of my seat throughout that battle; it was never really clear cut whether or not Red would actually win. Aion was nothing short of terrifying and the weight of his presence on the field very tangible. Loved every moment of it. Your writing is impeccable.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
This story somehow just manages to keep getting better and better - I was super excited to see an update and you definitely didn't disappoint! As ever, your take on the Pokemon world is the best one out there, and manages to find that perfect balance between realistic and grimdark. I'm glad you've been able to find the time to keep working on this story, and hopefully you will continue to do so!
Reader chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
As always you put out an amazing chapter. I love your reimagination of the pokemon world and I am greatly looking forward to your next update.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
The Four Heavenly Kings... I see what you did there.

Love this story. Keep up the good work!
So1Thought chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
You are!
I know you've probably heard this many times, but this update made my day.
Can't wait to see Red catch up to Blue.
Lots of love.
Jiraiya's Disciple chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
This story is fantastic. I can't wait for the next update.
n0mster chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
Great to see a new chapter, your portrayal of the Pokemon world continues to be especially entertaining and it's always fun to see what other snippets about the world emerge.

Anyway, the battle between Misty and Red was fantastic, the fact that Misty actually had a believably powerful pokemon that you hyped up further was already interesting. Further showing how much of an underdog Red's pokemon were made it that much more enjoyable. In addition, Red's battle strategy actually made sense, taking into account Misty's much more powerful and resilient pokemon, and planning out beforehand a thorough multi-staged plan to take her Starmie down.

I'm also glad that you actually kept to Misty's canon pokemon, suitably powered up and kicking ass. While she did lose in the end, you were able to show how desperate Red was such that it was only his plan going off near flawlessly that he was able to eke out a win, even if it did depend on two pokemon against one.

Anyway, the one thing that does continue to rankle at me is Blue's seemingly constant advantage over Red; having much greater resources as well as great intellectual and deductive ability. True, it'll make Red's eventual (hopefully) triumph over Blue that much greater, but I do wish Red didn't seem like the underdog all the time. Still, it's nice to see that Red's bulbasaur has evolved, though it hasn't shown itself to be an outstanding specimen of its kind yet, not in the manner that Aion obviously exemplified.

As always, looking forward to your next update.
Aoi Shinkaze chapter 10 . 3/5/2014
YOU. ARE. AMAZING.
As always.
I love the little notes you add to the end of the chapter, to flesh out the world you've created more.
Do you compile the Pokedex data from the actual ones in the game, or do you create them on your own?
Also, do you have any sort fo projected schedule for these updates?
If not, I understand, I certainly don't.
Still, it was an awesome chapter, and I truly enjoyed reading it, just as I have for all the others.
You capture the sort of viciousness that we saw glimpses of in the manga so well in this fic.
Thank you, and may your Muses always sing!
(Except not late at night, cuz that stuff kills)
901 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »