Reviews for The Game of Champions
rainkeltoia chapter 10 . 3/26/2014
Absolutely amazing. You write wonderfully. I must admit I've never been a huge fanfic person, however after seeing a link to your story on twitter via reddit, I started to read. And continued reading. I couldn't stop. I'm eagerly awaiting your next chapter. I hope to see it soon!
Ralyn Longs chapter 10 . 3/24/2014
Great stuff, best pokemon fanfic I've read to date. I'm a bit worried that you'll never finish it, considering it was started a long time ago, but a great read regardless. Looking forward to more. Thanks for writing!
Saevon chapter 10 . 3/24/2014
I'm glad that you're still working on this, keep up the good work!

You seem to have this way of building excitement in your battles, of making them seem challenging and difficult, yet amazingly well planned and skillful. It truly makes me feel that Red is a Champion level battler.

There is also the way you actually use the pokemon as real creatures, allowing weird tactics that don't exist in the game, yet make this an amazing read. Sure other stories have done this before, but you have strafed along the fine line of technical blather, and exciting realism.

One thing: after reading this chapter and seeing how Red managed to win, I feel his reactions, such as "I watched with wonder and horror as time was re-written", are a little too strong considering that Red already expected Aion to regenerate, to waste energy. Thus that seems a little forced, in retrospect. More like the author attempting to instil hopelessness before a last ditch victory.
While Red being a little afraid that his plan won't go perfectly is totally justified, I still feel toning it down just a little might help the story.

Keep going!
orochimaru's venom chapter 10 . 3/23/2014
Brilliant, wonderful chapter. Your characterization was flawless, of Misty as the deceptively flirtatious playgirl, and Red was amazing as ever.
JackFrost21 chapter 10 . 3/22/2014
best Pokemon story I have ever red. Pun intentional
Crysi102 chapter 10 . 3/20/2014
This story.

This freaking story.

I absolutely love this story. Your portrayal of the world and the characters' personalities are incredible! I honestly ran across this on accident whilst glancing at another user's favorite stories, and by god am I glad I did! This is amazing! I will eagerly await the next chapter! Instant favorite and follow from me, my friend. This story is absolutely freaking beautiful.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/17/2014
I have been reading fanfictions since this site came out.
In all those years, after all those thousands of ff's i have read, i have only commented on one fanfiction and that was because i was extremly offendet by the fanfiction.

This is the second comment i make.

Ther is only one thing to say:

Keep writing. Please.
syrein chapter 10 . 3/15/2014
wow great story... um-i mean more realistic than the real pokemon world.. yeah.. i dont see any flaw in your grammar or whatever and you use big words and sometimes spout about philosophy and conspirational things that almost made my head explode (hey what can i say, english is not my first language)so i dont deserve to critique the story to try and make you improve in writing fanfiction ir whatever so i can only compliment on how awesomelygreatncool this story is. i dont care how slow it is or how many the words are per chapter or all alltogether (In my opinion: the longer the words the lomger read... which is fine) but i would like to read this story to the end.. hopefully..
Artificial Life Creator chapter 3 . 3/15/2014
"...when *its very air reeks...", " *its wings beat frantically."
Artificial Life Creator chapter 2 . 3/15/2014
"...curling *its tail protectively around *its bulk..." and "*its last memory is likely of your attack." :)
Artificial Life Creator chapter 1 . 3/15/2014
" birth when *its exoskeleton hardened." Other than that, this is amazing!
TheDMaster chapter 10 . 3/14/2014
Just read this story and am loving it! I like all the subtle references to both the anime and games, I cracked a smile when I heard the motto. However, I have to say that "10 Natochenny Lane" is a dumb name, should have been called "10 Taylor Lane" or something :P but I digress.

Sugarflier chapter 10 . 3/13/2014
Red and Blue's, like, idk, chemistry I guess, is absolutely fantastic. I mean, I just love it. And the great thing is that they are proper rivals - it's in no way clear which of the two is actually better. Idk, I just think you've pulled off Blue really well.

Regrettably, I've caught up and now I have no more chapters to read. Might just sit and refresh the page again and again until the next update, I want it so much.
miao145 chapter 10 . 3/13/2014
I finally finished every chapter you've wrote so far and holy shit. This is amazing. Like... it might be the best Pokemon fanfiction I've read ever, definitely one of the best fan fictions. Your writing is great. Your portrayal of Red is awesome, and I love his dynamic with Blue. Whenever they exchange emails or something, it makes me pretty happy haha.

Have you ever read The Name of the Wind? This kind of reminds me of that. I'm sorry if that offends you (I know a lot of artist/writers don't like to be compared to others) but I really mean it as a compliment. It's my favorite book, and the writing style is above anything I've ever read.
Back to your fanfiction. The action scenes are sooo good! Whenever there's a gym battle, I'm like on the edge just hoping nothing goes too wrong. Red's a smart kid though.

Sometimes... I almost feel a bit too smart. I know Red is the Champion and he's the best... but does it make sense for me to say this Red is almost too perfect sometimes? I can't think of anything wrong with him. He knows a lot about so many different subjects that it seems unfair that he can be the best in pretty much everything. I guess that's my critique. I feel like the beginning of the story also had some slow parts, where Red kind of gave too much information/monologue, and it made it a bit boring, but that's it.

I also really like how Red's words aren't in quotations! At first, it bothered me, but then I realized it goes really nicely with the silent protagonist of the games. Pikachu is wonderful, too, and I love seeing their growing relationship. I hope he gets along better with Bulbasaur and Red's other Pokemon eventually too. And I can't wait to see if Red gets that Charizard! (I can dream)

I hope I'm not going on too much. I really, really enjoy this story, and will wait patiently for future updates. Take your time; it's hard keeping up with these things. And it's gonna be great when you make it, and it's not rushed.
dragoncreators chapter 2 . 3/13/2014
I feel sorry for Professor Oak. He is so powerful, but forced to see such a long line of children march into the grinder. I love how NOT Gary-Stu your Red is, how reckless and hot-tempered - in his own way - he is. Blue baited him so easily, but I guess that's what Gary Mother*ucking Oak does... Red is clever and cautious, yet hot-tempered with severe wonderlust. It's great :D. Ashford is amazing and his name XD Was it so it'd have 'Ash' in it?
Of course his first step outside get's him zapped.
Man, every time I read this I get goosebumps.
980 | « Prev Page 1 .. 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 35 .. Last Next »