Reviews for The Game of Champions
dragoncreators chapter 2 . 3/13
I feel sorry for Professor Oak. He is so powerful, but forced to see such a long line of children march into the grinder. I love how NOT Gary-Stu your Red is, how reckless and hot-tempered - in his own way - he is. Blue baited him so easily, but I guess that's what Gary Mother*ucking Oak does... Red is clever and cautious, yet hot-tempered with severe wonderlust. It's great :D. Ashford is amazing and his name XD Was it so it'd have 'Ash' in it?
Of course his first step outside get's him zapped.
Man, every time I read this I get goosebumps.
dragoncreators chapter 3 . 3/13
I love how unique this Pikachu is, and how cleverly Red is dealing with him. I LOVE how he isn't instantly making friends and how he is actually cautious about him. The way you actually have to train Pokemon is amazing. The way Red killed the Venomoth and is going to use the parts of them is clever. I'm terribly curious about Red's Souvenirs and where he got them. The way you integrated Rangers into the story so smoothly is great.

Really, this story is so much more well-put together, thought out and realistic than many professional fiction.

Just awesomeness!
LaylaVivillon chapter 10 . 3/13
Ok. Coherent review time.

The beginning of the chapter was both awesome as well as extremely sad. I can't believe you killed Red's mother (at least I'm assuming that's what happened). However it was nice to see realistic!badass Team Rocket for a change, as in most stories (certainly not yours though!) they tend to be depicted one of two ways: Over The Top Evil or Bumbling Idiotic Fools. Nice to know that that isn't where you'll be going.

Also, was that Jessie and James..?

Moving on to the battle with Misty. First of all, I loved your depiction of Starmie. I mean, I love the way you've depicted pretty much every Pokemon in the story so far, but I still thought I would mention it. As for the battle itself, Red's victory by using Toxic Leech Seeds was brilliant. It's things like this that make your characterization of Red so great; you manage to write him as this complete and total genius badass WITHOUT turning him into a Gary Stu. Incredible. Lastly, just the battle itself was very entertaining to read and literally had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.

As for after the battle, I'm very curious to see what, if anything, Misty does to follow up after threatening Red like that. Also I like Richie. A lot. He's definitely one of my favorite characters.

cloysterexploder12. Yeah.

I like the hints of Themis being the next member of Red's party. Curious to see what you'll do with the Underground and it was nice to see a realistic explanation as to why Red must skip over Saffron.

Finally, the ending of the chapter. Lt. Surge.

Sh!t. Just. Got. Real.

Looking forward to the next update!
ZecoreZecron chapter 10 . 3/12
Wow. You Really know how to describe the power in a pokemon battle.

Also, Holy Shit! Lt. Surge? I kinda liked him.
Sugarflier chapter 7 . 3/12
I love Blue so much. And I'm desperate to know the full history of the League and Kanto and such, but I suppose I'll have to wait.

I'll just repeat what I said before because I haven't said it for a few chapters - this is absolutely amazing.
kayde k chapter 10 . 3/12
Amaaaaazing story so far. Aside from a few small grammatical errors and some barely noticeable typos, this story is nothing short of fantastic. The characterization, the plot, the world-building, all of it is phenomenal.

I especially like the small introductions to each chapter piecing out what I think is happening in the present. I'm guessing it basically details how Red's going to escape from his captors using help from the people he's met on his journey? I have my theories but I won't spill them out here. Did not expect it to be Lt. Surge being one of Red's two interviewers though; I thought it would've been the two people hinted at in the beginning of this chapter.

Anyways, looking forward to the next update. Please don't abandon this story, it would be an absolute travesty if you do.
jakerman999 chapter 10 . 3/12
Only one criticism, that's your usage of belabored. Might want to read over the definition of that one again. Other than that, this is an exquisite piece of work. Hope to read more, the FREEDOM permits. Can't wait to find out what really happened in Pallet.
Jojiro chapter 8 . 3/12
Oh my god I just realized that toxic leech seed thing was taking advantage of that broken mechanic in RBY. Clever!
LaylaVivillon chapter 10 . 3/11
-Insert gross fangirlish screaming- SRKUFJYKDYTKB OMG YOU UPDATED THIS IS LITERALLY THE BEST FANFICTION I HAVE EVER READ AND OMG I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR AN UPDATE AND I CHECKED TO DAY AND SAW YOU UPDATED THANK YOU FOR CONTINUING THIS STORY THANK YOU THANK YOU THSNK YOOUUUU

Ahem. Yeah, I'll give you a better review later, promise. But seriously though, thank you for continuing with this story!
MAL chapter 10 . 3/11
.good! I love the realizem. Oh my. Thank you for sharing such a fun dark story.
shadowdudd chapter 10 . 3/11
Oh my jeezus please update as soon as you can. I just binge read the whole thing. Stayed up until 4 in the morning and blew off my homework.

The perspective of the story is extremely well thought out, Very nicely done, although it did get confusing at some times, it was nothing debilitating.
Minimal grammar errors (Kudos to you).
Sugarflier chapter 4 . 3/11
Right, this chapter was a behemoth. I've finished it, but it's half two in the morning over here and I have school. Oops.

This is amazing. And at the moment, I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't just make me sound like a huge fanboy, so I'll just stop here.
Cloysterexploder12... I just... I'm so fucking proud of you. Also, the rest of the chapter was awesome.

Please, keep writing words. You know such good ones.
Latino Jynx chapter 10 . 3/10
Pikachu, Bulbasaur, and now hints at a Snorlax - I hope you're planning to have Red end up with his Mount Silver champion team. I remember that Squirtle was given to him in Vermillion way back in Yellow. The line about watching the wisest creature he ever met die made me think of Blue's Raticate. I imagine it was referring to someone else, but still, trust your Red to find wisdom in a rat. He succeeded at finding brutal killer instinct in a mouse, after all.

I've been writing a more fantastical, hero-myth style chronicle of Gold's journey. The Red I imagine him facing alone in the mountains is the one you've written. If I ever get that far, I'll have to tap your mind when writing that battle.
battlebat35 chapter 10 . 3/9
FUCKING AWESOME! You become a pro-writer, I am buying every book you print, you magnificent STORYTELLER!
636 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »