Reviews for The Game of Champions
Agnivrka chapter 10 . 6/28
This is by far the best story I have read in fan fiction or at least tied with one another. It definitely is the best pokemon fic however. I love how you made it so realistically. From the beginning where Red killed those two Venomoths to how you had gyms actually be kind of like a sport and the attraction of the city. I like the whole Red and Blue relationship. You changed Blue's starter evolution to Umbreon instead of the original Jolteon. Do you plan on keeping Red's team or are you going to change it? Red's team as in Pikachu, Venasaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Snorlax, and Espeon/Lapras
Dancingtuna chapter 12 . 6/26
The amount of lore you have written into this story is unbelievable to the point that it's not Pokémon anymore, you have created something even more in depth and beautiful. Bravo!
Poke'Alpha22 chapter 4 . 6/21
Such a way with words... just 4 chapters and I'm already head over heels for this story
alemery chapter 12 . 6/19
You are an artist. I think this has got to be the most realistic pokemon story I have read.
Best story ever.
RandomReview chapter 12 . 6/15
I can extoll the virtues of this story, but only one thing needs to be said. This story is awesome! Looking forward to the next chapter.
Liey chapter 12 . 6/13
This writing style is amazing. I love it. Loveitloveitloveit
Henry chapter 9 . 6/13
This story is so amazing. Just... So amazing. I am looking foward to the next chapter! 3
This is, hands down, the most amazing fan fiction I have ever read. It's probably up there with the most amazing stories I've ever read.
Red is a very compelling character, and his relationship with Pikachu is brilliant. And although I've come into this story expecting to admire Red as always, you've convinced me to cheer for Blue, which is unexpected and welcome. I also love how you've incorporated Leaf into this, setting her apart from Red even though you've kept her in-game similarities to him. I could go on and on about your characters, but as of now, my favorite is Professor Oak. You've kept his geniality, ambitiousness, and devotion and used them to establish exactly WHY he is so respected in the pokeverse, and I admire that.
Overall, I'd pick your characterizations over canon any day.
The rest of your reviewers have probably said this, but your worldbuilding is stunning. I'm inclined to take your interpretation of the game details as canon. The way you've weaved the disconnected politics of Kanto/Johto into a imperfect but functional government is amazing. Special mention to how you've converted the in-game easiness of Misty's gym into a flaw in the system.
Really, I could only complain that I'm mildly disturbed by the implication that Red is half Mr. Mime. (That's not even a legitimate flaw.)
This story makes me want to replay the game just to view it in the way you've presented it. Hell, if this were a novel, I'd buy it hardbound. I eagerly await your updates.
Royalben10 chapter 1 . 6/10
This Story is pure awesome, the world building and the way you portray your characters is just so amazing. My only problem with this story is that there is not more of it!(Good luck with the air force btw!)
Angeloux chapter 12 . 5/25
I've never loved a Pokemon story as much as this one. So dark, creative, and absolutely impossible not to be absorbed into. Your writing and creativity is superb.
Workaday Wordsmith chapter 1 . 5/25
I've only read your first chapter, but this is already the best Pokémon Fanfic I have ever read. This is everything I want a story like this to be. I love Red's voice, your cleverly flowing prose, and the way you characterize Red and Blue. Please keep up the good work.
Ted Empty chapter 1 . 5/25
How do you begin to review a story like this? Well, I can start with anger. Anger at you for there not being more of it. This is a world so carefully crafted, each chapter revealing such a wealth of context and flavor, that it is impossible not to crave total immersion in it. It treats Pokemon as it always should have been treated, and that is with respect. It doe not lower itself into grimderp, just makes the edges a little crisper and more clearly defined. The writing is genius, the characters have a genuine voice, and while the story is one we can only waggle our fingers at and pretend to be able to predict, it follows the path of the games and show and manga in equal measure, a perfect distillation of every component of this golden goose franchise.

I understand you have higher/more important work in life. All of us do. But you've created something amazing here, and to watch it die would be paramount to murder. If I could pick apart your brain and see how you make everything tick like clockwork, I'd be ecstatic. But I can't, and must wait like the rest. I wouldn't bother badgering you for more updates, they'll come when they come, but I would be absolutely crushed if you let this thing die.

Chapter-wise, it is fascinating to see Red face defeat, and the mention of Orre intrigues me greatly. The mention of the kamina shades was a nice touch. I excitedly await to see how the S.S. Anne plays out.

Highest Regards.
DarkLucario2 chapter 12 . 5/22
This story is really good, and I like how you've set it up, especially the Red-Blue rivalry.
This is, without a doubt, one of the best stories I've
963 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »