Reviews for Vis Insita
Holly chapter 18 . 7/27
I have to admit, I've started and stopped this story several times, but it's so pleasant to see a story that keeps updating, I decided to give it another try. I'm not a huge fan of OCs, so I was a little put off before. I love your writing style, and your main OC has made me laugh. I like the dialog and the sparring between Harry and Ron. I always appreciate an author who can get them right.

This chapter threw me, however. I thought the fight between Harry and Scott was intense and biting. I held my breath reading it, but it was really, really good. Where I lost my breath, however, was when Hermione and Ginny decided to team up behind Harry's back deciding what was good for him. That was more like a punch in the gut. For me, it was no different to what DD always did to him, yet coming from them, it seemed like such a betrayal. Perhaps its because I know how canon ends and that the connection did prove helpful. I have no idea if you're going that way here, but I found this crushing. Hermione always thinks she knows better than Harry, sometimes she does, and sometimes she doesn't, but Ginny...Ginny siding with Hermione rather than letting Harry making his own decision about what happens to his head...it just felt very wrong to me.

I will be back, and I promise a detailed review once I catch up, but I need a little break now. I sort of hope Harry says "screw you all" and ditches them for a while. This is probably bothering me far more than it should, and as I continue, hopefully it will work itself out, but for now, I can't help feeling Harry would be incredibly betrayed.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 31 . 7/22
As usual, another excellent chapter. I have to admit as Scott's Gringgotts heist plan was being explained I had visions from the bank robbery movie "Heat." However, as I think about it I don't think Scott and Lila, even with their training, abilities and lots and lots of guns could hold Gringotts against a full wizarding and goblin counterattack. They've always wreaked havoc, but they've had the advantage of surprise, mobility, different weapons, etc. In this case all their advantages will be negated. They'll win the first couple of engagements, but unless they slaughter wizards and goblins but the truckload early and shocking them into retreating they'll end up surrounded, with limited mobility and ammo and no real way to escape. I'm sure you've already plotted out a way they'll solve this and can't wait to read it.
Tiffanyyylin chapter 31 . 7/19
I like the style of this story. I'd rather have a few, genuinely written funny moments than a bunch of try-hard jokes shoehorned in.

Your writing has evolved :D No shame in that when you're giving out quality work.

Did Harry still disarm Draco who disarmed Dumbledore? Will they find out Harry's the owner? Or is someone else?
Nifty Niffler chapter 31 . 7/19
I can't wait for the aha moment when Hermione realizes they actually have another Hallow, the Cloak.
Yami Umi chapter 30 . 6/21
The reason I did not review e last chapter is somewhat the same reason i didn't do e same for the previous one: I didn't have the frigging time to sort my thoughts on the matter and write a somewhat lenghty and appropriate review. I hate to draw short ones, but I eo on occasion.

By the way, I didn't purposefully not write a chapter review because it was a Tonks chapter; I don't think that's quite the reason you got less review then, or maybe bot specifically Tonks, as a character, because honestly, I DO enjoy her train of thought and action.

The reason you got less reviews for that was probably because you deviated from the syory to make a side chapter, not involving directly the plot advancement and the present crisis, even if your intention for it wax noble and clear: to give an outsider the insight on Lila's behaviour and act, as well as her interaction with other members of the OotP.

While the readers get that, they probably can't help be a little disappointed, because while it may be an important chapter for future reference, it's still s break from the thickening plotline, and readers don't quite appreciate that.

Returning to this chapter, I thought Harry's dilemna was to be somewhat more dramatic, though I don't really know why I was expecting that; as this story is overall more rational than others, and Scott's influence on the non-dramatic analysis for the group is a heavy factor on the overall acceptance of the situation.

Besides thzt, nothing much to add, except to say that I DO rnjoy kharadjai menyions of their daily lives, and those glimpses on their society ans system. Maybe someday, we'll see the characters interacting with Scott's worls, though how you would accomplish that without completely losing the plotline, I hav absolutely no idea...
HP18 chapter 30 . 6/20
You're right the simplest titles are the best. I really like the way Ron,Hermione and Ginny reacted. And I really love how you're exploring Harry and Ginny's relationship. Like how Harry realizes how easily he can sleep if Ginny is there.
sylvelle chapter 30 . 6/20
Good chapter, glad to see Lila again even if she is pissed off. I can understand why; I also understand Scott's point.
Don't know about 'Truth the Sequence,' but the other two, 'What is Gone shall be Forgotten' and 'What is Forgotten is Not Gone' reminds me of some lines in the 'Labyrinth and a couple of FFN crossovers with Harry Potter. 'What is said is said'.
Anyway always excited to see and update for Vis Vista
Tricia
Nifty Niffler chapter 30 . 6/20
I have to say that I like your choices in titles. They're always interesting and different. I, also, tend to agonize over chapter titles, but that may be more because I'm bad about picking good ones.

As for this chapter, you had me laughing right off with that discussion between Harry and Ron and third year. I'm glad the other discussions went as well as they did, and also that Scott seems to be doing better, at least a little.
LVHamlet chapter 30 . 6/20
I don't know how long I have being following your stories (I'm sure I started somewhere in the middle of That Terrifying Momentum). I have always liked to read stories in English even when it's not my born language but that comes with the problem that I rarely review any. I believe I always can find something to talk about in a review, like how you always seem afraid of going over some line with the sexual aspects of the story; for me, you try to avoid explicit natural moments that actually made sense and fit the story, but well, that's you.

And of course I can talk about what a wonderful job you do with characters that I don't necessarily think as them as part of another story even when they are. I feel now that the Harry and Ginny you portray are well enough away from canon to be their own original characters. That's something I haven't enjoy in other stories, when they depart from canon most likely you'll get a Harry that get's everything, rich, powerful and stuff that generally doesn't add up for me. So I guess I want to congratulate you on that.

Let's see, what else could I ramble on so it can made up the fact I have nevew review your stories?

Ah! Actually it's a compliment but I don't know if you feel it like it: you take quite the long road to go from point A to point B in terms of plots (I feel like they have being in Grimmaulds for years) and I do find that the story now lacks certain speed and fun that had back when they were in Howgarts but somehow you still manage to keep me interested. So there is that.

Now, I just want to wrap this up with a thank you and encouragement for you to keep writing and finding more plots to keep us reading. I always appreciate that your chapters are long enough that whatever wait in between them seems more bearable.

By the way, would you consider a change of paces if I ask you? Perhaps throw some good old wrench that gets them moving? I know you probably have a solid, planned out future of the story, but I do miss the Hogwarts days of this story. Perhaps is the lack of scenarios or the fact that the relationships in the story seem pretty much like old married couples and feels like whatever interesting thing they do is off cameras. Just saying, perhaps you could do something.

I think I have rambled long enough!

Thanks again for a great story!
TimeShifter chapter 30 . 6/20
I apologize for not putting much thought into the titles; I don't think I've read many fics with non-titled numbers and even less with actually clever titles, so I admittedly haven't read them. However, I liked your explanation for the "Dear Kylie" one and will try to interpret them from now on.

As for this chapter, I was very impressed with how you wrote everyone's reactions to Harry's news. All three felt natural and perfectly in character, and I liked how when Harry found Scott and Hermione they were exploring ways to induce a death state. It was so technical and like them that I started laughing. Though I feel like the shape won't actually let them destroy the Horcrux without Voldemort behind it.

Now that Scott and Lila have somewhat sorted things out, it feels like most of the character development as a result of the last Horcrux is over and they're ready to plan for Gringotts. Maybe they'll even take Lila for added firepower?
Passionismywriting chapter 29 . 6/15
Wow. Bombshell chapter. There's a lot to unpack here. First: from the last chapter with Sophie, I'm guessing that Scott has some type of propensity to a mental illness that is serious in nature. I'm also going to guess that someone in his & lilia's family( father, perhaps?) had the same issue. I love getting more of a backstory into Scott, so please keep that coming. Second: Harry knows. I'm sorta of two minds here. Harry is so easily triggered to self-conflagration & mopiness that I'm really not looking forward to going back to his pov & the reactions from his friends. In a sense, I liked how j.k. did the reveal, be there wasn't enough time for Harry to be "Harry" about it, which was a great relief. Harry's tendency to assign blame to himself for everything can get very tiring & I have a feeling we are in for a crap load of self-loathing. Which, ugh, not really looking forward to that. I just hope one of Harry's friends will be good enough to knock some sense into him. Hopefully then, Harry will take everything else Scott said & understand that there is a way out.

But... I agree that once Scott knew, he HAD to tell Harry because as you quote in the beginning, honesty is important in creating cooperation & trust. For Scott not to tell Harry would've been the grossest betrayal & knock all the goodwill Scott has grown between everyone.

Eagerly looking forward to the knock out, drag out fight between lilia & Scott. As always great chapter.
Passionismywriting chapter 28 . 6/15
Great chapter again. Glad to see a different pov, I think Tonks & Lilia will get along really well. Hope Scott gets better soon.
Passionismywriting chapter 27 . 6/14
And the mystery continues. I'll say, I think your dialogue is just right, actually. It helps a lot because between the heavy introspection, scientific jargon & plain old uniqueness of your story, it can be hard to stay engaged. I usually feel the most connected to the story when the characters are interacting with each. Makes me feel like the story is moving. Great chapter. I sincerely hope this is not Scott's last ride.
Passionismywriting chapter 26 . 6/14
So hopefully the last scene means they are finally out of the diadem. As interesting as it is seeing Scott's world, these chapters dragged a bit for me because, like the characters I couldn't see how they would get out. Can't wait to have them back in the real world.
TimeShifter chapter 29 . 5/26
Interesting point about the Owl Post. I loosely noticed that in the books, but having you point out two clear examples makes it more obvious. I'm planning to finally re-read the books now (my last read was when DH came out), and I'm worried fanfiction may have ruined them a little for me. There are a lot of areas where things seem inconsistent. Still, if they're half as good as I remember, I'm in for a great time.

On to this chapter! The fights between Sophie and Scott are still on the right side of believable, though I'm getting a little tired of Scott's practice of telling Harry not to freak out about things and talk with his friends, while Scott's busy holding stuff back. Unless you're trying to portray that Scott does everything he tells Harry not to?

And I was glad to see some smaller side conversations; Ginny and Hermione discussing how to proceed with Bill, Ron flirting with Hermione, and Kaylie slowly getting better. Best of all, Harry knows he's a Horcrux ahead of time, and they immediately addressed a few possible ways to deal with it. I'm REALLY excited to see how that conversation goes with the rest of the group. I imagine Ginny and his friends can help convince him not to freak out. DH-Harry would require an absurd amount of convincing, but your Harry seems more aware of when he's being overdramatic (i.e. when he asked Scott to kill him).