Reviews for Vis Insita
ssbmZhouster chapter 43 . 8/15
I've reread TM and VI for the half-dozenth time this past week and everytime I'm struck by how polished the writing is in terms of character development and dialogue, technical accuracy, plot development, etc.

If ever there's a time you could use any assistance, such as an editor or a beta reader, I'd be happy to help! Otherwise keep up the good work 3

PS more fan service please LOL
xaphanea chapter 43 . 7/30
Gah so intense! Things are getting crazy!

I so much love your action sequences. I'm balls at writing fight scenes, but you really make me feel like I'm there.

P.S. If Scott dies, we riot!
allfictions chapter 42 . 7/10
A bit disappointed that we aren't going to get a King's Cross in this iteration of the seventh book, admittedly one of my favorite parts of that book and enlightening on the nature of the afterlife in HP and Voldemort's final state, but it had to be done.
jcampbellohten chapter 43 . 7/6
Hooohhhh, shit! Well, that's a problem. Now, although, I don't like that the ambush happened and two people got taken, I like that it shows Scott isn't infallible and can fall to superior enough numbers combined with competent planning.

Scott gave a perfect response to Thorfinn's line about "muggle wands," and it was satisfying, too. Now that you've questioned it, I don't think it's possible because of the attached muscles involved (assuming the hand stays attached), but at the time I took for granted that Scott could do it.

I like how plot lines are intersecting, and how Kylie's background is yet again useful to the plot. Tonks's flirty lines were funny.

There are a few spots where a word is missing from a sentence, like "is" or "the" or whatever. I was too engaged in the story to stop and write them down, but I remember one was when Scott "pushed himself along [the] floor" toward Dudley's room.
jcampbellohten chapter 42 . 7/6
I don't think I got a notification either time. I got one for Chapter 43 and started reading it, and was confused by where it picked up. Anyway, all's well that ends well. I'm here now. I'm curious about what the discrepancies might be, though I agree that the uncertaincy principle covers any and all differences between iterations of a universe. Also—and hopefully this won't disappoint you—the same uncertainty allows that all changes theoretically could still have stemmed from Scott's actions causing unseen ripples in daily life that spread in unknowable ways.

I liked the little gestures and passing references in their thoughts to the characters' relationships. I enjoy the subtlety of it; seeing the relationships in their little actions makes it more real, to me. I also like how it reinforces their relationships without diverting from the plot to devote a scene to romance.

Luna grabbing Neville's nose was cute. I enjoyed the van scene in general, and the development of Ginny's and (once again) Scott's characters. Harry's memories of Scottie were freaking adorable. I related to something other people find highly unusual being unremarkable to me because that's just how things were when I was a kid, though nothing dark like Harry's criminal neglect. The others' negative reactions to learning about it and Harry's anti-pity counterreaction was to be expected. The three of them playing around with the static was good comic relief.
Yami Umi chapter 43 . 7/5
Something is gripping my chest right about now. It's been a whilse since I read your story that I felt full on dread, so it's... refreshing? In a way? I don't know. I like it, but I don't, not really. I hate feeling like this after all. I thought it was a reallly good chapter, but I'm afrid of what will happen.

And really, for the first time since I've started reading this story, I'm afraid of how much Scott's presence in Harry's life is going to alter much of anything at the endgame, if at all. We know the journey is completely different, but what if the destination is more or less the same? The same people dead, the same people suffering... I don't know, I don't really know how you would accomplish that. It's an unsettling and bittersweet feeling, really.

Oh well. I'm probably reading too much into it because I'm scared. See you next chapter!

And by the way, the ammount of things you have to say is less directly tied to the importance of the matter, and more related to the frame of mind of the people doing the talking in the first place.
TimeShifter chapter 43 . 7/4
Wow. I knew eventually a mission wouldn't go perfectly, but I want expecting it to be that bad. However it was incredible to read! The chaos of the ambush and the quick push to attack before Voldemort read Hermione's mind were well crafted, and captured the urgency of the moment well. Now the group is headed to Malfoy Manor where Voldemort, Nagini and the phylactery are. Is this the final arc?

And no worries about the delay, though I imagine you're being harder on yourself than you need to be.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 43 . 7/4
That was one of your best and you set a high standard. Well done and thanks!
Tamerlorde85 chapter 42 . 6/19
Fantastic I must say. I've read both stories show in the last two weeks, and I can't wait for the next chapter!
bladerunnerff chapter 42 . 6/2
Good to see you still writing, please don't bail out on it, it's a truly unique tale.
So now the death eaters arrive and attack privet drive ?!
Does Harry take Scotty home with him ?
Do the girls near Harry up before the death eaters arrive.

So many important questions to be answered ;-)

PS in case you missed it, if he questions are all tongue in cheek humour. Looking forward to next chapter
xaphanea chapter 42 . 5/11
Oh man I cried with Ginny. :'( What a crazy ritual! So intense!
Re: sticking with you - It's like Christmas when I get an email from telling me you've updated. :) I'm eager to see what happens but will never be ready for it to be done. I'll just have to go back and start over at TTM again. :P
I don't think you have to worry about canon. You're spinning your own tale and it's wonderful!
IHateSnakes chapter 42 . 5/11
Excellent as always. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
xaphanea chapter 41 . 5/11
It definitely doesn't interest only yourself. I've been invested in this fanfic through quite a bit of my life, lol! I'm as big of a fan of the Kharadjai universe as my other sci-fi obsessions. And though there are many, this story ranks in the top five for sure!
xaphanea chapter 39 . 5/10
So intense! Glad they all got pancakes. Lila and Scott crack me up so hard!
xaphanea chapter 36 . 5/10
Ah this is such gold! Rereading is just as magical as the first time! Love Scott and Lila's accents too XD