Reviews for Vis Insita
RedEuthyphro chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
Very riveting, well-paced chapter. I enjoyed this moment for Scott; it speaks to his character in a big way. Also a plus that the Death Eaters are improving their tactics in response to the threat Scott poses so that it doesn't get too easy for him.
Nifty Niffler chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
I understand why Scott did it but I imagine he's going to get dumped on when he gets back.

As for JKR's insistence that Harry should have ended up with Hermione, yeah, that caused quite the uproar. I've chosen to ignore what she said and believe wholeheartedly in another statement she made in which Harry and Ginny were soulmates and that Harry would be a hard person to love and he needed someone just as strong, just as stubborn as he was. I still believe Ginny is the best for Harry because she understood him like no other could. She knew of his link to Voldemort and it didn't bother her because she, herself, had been "linked" to Voldemort.

Anyway, my opinions for what it's worth.
IHateSnakes chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
Great update, Caleb. I like the long retreat and am reminded of the scene in Band of Brothers where Buck Compton hides in a drain pipe after nearly being run over by a tank. Your intimations that the bad guys are cluing (clueing?) into Scott's abilities are intriguing. I look forward to the next chapter. ihs
Marinka chapter 15 . 3/3/2014
Some survival technics by Scott! Hopefully he will have time to analyse the DE attack and training that they have received. Very, very organised military operation, i wonder where this came from? Somebody with muggle military background in DE camp?
As to the interview, i think it is a publicity grab by JKR and et al. Honestly, who juidges characters based on movie if you have books? Half of what was in the books did not make it to the movies and lots of things got changed, plus main actors are not really what they looked like in the books.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 15 . 3/3/2014
Interesting chapter. I think Scott broke contact as best he could, given that he had to distract the Death Eaters to allow Harry, et al an opportunity to escape. I wonder if the next time, he'll be bringing smoke or CS grenades or even attaching an M203 to his M4...
xvector chapter 14 . 2/25/2014
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STORY so far! I hope you are still writing this. Characters are perfect, I love the development in everyone!

You are a truly talented author. You have skill with writing that is unparalleled by almost all fanfiction writers and most IRL writers... I sincerely hope you are continuing this story. It has been a fantastic ride so far - I have barely thought of sleeping or eating for the past few days reading TTM and Vis Insta.

P.S.:
I love the Khardjai excerpts at the beginning of each chapter!
Maybe do a bit on Neville/Luna at Hogwarts? I don't really care for the couple (in fan fiction or canon) but a half-chapter or something might be neat to illustrate the bleak, seemingly hopeless situation at Hogwarts (now that it is Death Eater Training Camp) and the struggles of what remains of the DA to stay coherent. With Death Eaters occupying Hogwarts, it would be interesting to see what it is like under situations much worse than Umbridge.

But after all; write what you feel like. A roller coaster is not as fun if we have a part in making it and know what to expect - you are the artist. Create what you feel is right; not what we ask you to do, obviously.
Inoeth chapter 14 . 2/13/2014
I really liked this Godric's Hollow visit. I particularly liked your take on the fight with Nagini. I am surprised that they didn't tnly temporarily retreat and then attempt to reconnaissance-en-force Bagshot's former home. At the same time, gunshots, particularly rifles, are noisy and they may want to GTFO.

I also am very curious as to how they'll react to the realization that they weren't as alone as they thought and that someone (most likely V and/or a DE) set up a trap for them and knew exactly what they were after- or if not exactly, then had a damn good idea.

I also wonder if the use of guns and killing will slowly become more of a reality to the four of them as they see the effectiveness, are hardened to the gore and internalize just what kind of evil they are fighting (it's one thing to intellectually know they're dealing with evil and death, but it takes actually witnessing and being part of such events, possibly multiple times for it to truly sink in).

I look forward to the next update and wonder if you'll go farther and farther away from canon now.
AragornII chapter 14 . 2/11/2014
Noticing the extensive details in your writing: Harry's concerns about his ability to use Muggle technology, their clothing and hair styles, all of the communication codes and protocols, Scott's pique at the slight to the AFS memorial, etc. That adds a lot of flavor to the meat of the story.

Also aware in re-reading the last chapter of how much I appreciate your bringing Sophie back. She really enhances the social interactions.

Thanks
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 14 . 2/10/2014
Interesting chapter, although it seemed to take a while to get to the action. The upcoming engagement if they can't escape should be interesting, unless it's the Order arriving which could be even more interesting, if not as violent. On the subject of violence, I would have thought that Scott's sniper round would have killed Nagini, if not from penetration then from the kinetic energy. Of course, the snake is Neville's to kill so...
Ranger chapter 14 . 2/10/2014
I've never gotten a whiff of Scoot/Hermione maybe because I don't think she likes him. I think she likes what he knows and can teach her about somethings and I think she likes how he protects Harry but I don't think she likes him even a little bit.
IHateSnakes chapter 14 . 2/9/2014
Great, as always. I like OC characters, and yours are superb. For me, they are the highlights; I'm a bit burned out with canon HP and they make the old stuff refreshingly new. I'm looking forward to the next installment. ihs
freshwater57 chapter 14 . 2/8/2014
Interesting take on Harry's reaction to his parents' graves and his first home...likely very realistic and understandable.

Nice contrast in the conversations between Scott and Red Unit and Gold Unit, you conveyed his sense of tension well.

As always, eagerly awaiting more...
jcgeorge chapter 14 . 2/8/2014
Woohoo! Every time I get a chapter alert for this story, I jump a little with excitement hahaa! Loved it. Eagerly waiting for more. :)
Shypman chapter 13 . 2/1/2014
So glad to catch up with this story. It's my favorite I've ever read on this site (as I've mentioned before). Please keep it up!
AragornII chapter 13 . 1/5/2014
There are many things that could be said about this paragraph, but I think the scene with Sophie at the end is one of the best. Scott switching from his simple talk at her request is a reminder of a spice you're quite fond of...ie, the technical descriptions...but one you don't overuse.

I recall praising the addition of Kylie to the story way back in TTM, for reasons I wasn't really sure of, and your continued integration here clearly justifies whatever caused your inspiration and my intuition then. It adds an emotional layer to the story that has nothing to do with their mission...but is oh so about their basic humanity, and why we care about them even more.

Your AN is a great recognition...and a valuable learning for you. Writing this brilliant 'should' have more readership. Believe you've identified a major reason why it's played out as it has...
266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 .. Last Next »