Reviews for Vis Insita
Nifty Niffler chapter 16 . 4/4/2014
Glad that they won't be keeping Remus at bay. Hopefully, only Remus shows. It would be very stupid of whomever to try to follow Remus and to attempt to take Ginny back to the Burrow. I guess we'll wait and see.

Hermione makes me want to scream sometimes, she's so clueless. Just when Harry was loosening up she had to mention the Horcruxes and drag Harry back down again. I know she's got a one-track mind but she needs to be just a bit more observant and empathetic to others at times.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 16 . 4/3/2014
Nice to see the Scott alone arc wrapped up. The Remus meeting should be interesting. I think that once Harry thinks about it, he'll realize Scott made the correct choice. The "I must sacrifice myself for everyone all the time" is probably getting VERY OLD by now to all the characters. Harry being willing to sacrifice himself is noble in the right circumstances, all the time is just annoying. Ginny just ought to "take things to the next level" (ahem) to give Harry a reason to want to live...
jcgeorge chapter 16 . 4/2/2014
Awesome chapter, as always!
Thanks for the update :)
xvector chapter 15 . 3/8/2014
Loved the action! Great chapter. The tight spots had me clinging to the edge of my seat! It will be interesting to see how Scott's orders to protect his primes at whatever cost to himself and Harry's saviour/guilt complex interact.

And I agree with the Author's Note- Harry/Hermione makes little sense to me, even in fan fiction. Harry/Ginny made more sense in the books, even though it felt shallow at points (but that's where fanfiction comes in!). Ron does not intimidate Hermione as Harry does.

I look forward to the next chapter!

P.S. I guess Scott was not carrying Blue rounds (or explosives) with him this time around?
lordsesshomaru2 chapter 15 . 3/7/2014
I never actually read her state in the interview that she thought Harry and hermione were ever a good idea, just that Ron/hermione probably wasn't the best pairing for the two of them. Anyways, great chapter. I like how you're giving Ginny a bigger role.
AragornII chapter 15 . 3/6/2014
Good to get the focus on Scott...at least for this bit...fleshing him out a bit, so to speak.

JKR's main thing to regret about the pairings is how pathetically she handled the romance element. Ginny had huge potential and she's hardly in the 7th book. It's ridiculous. There is NO reunion between the two of them at the end. How could anyone reading the manuscript not scream the question "what are you doing leaving this scene out?"?

My appreciation to many fanfiction authors for helping rectify the omissions...
Yami Umi chapter 15 . 3/5/2014
You know, I do have question: Why do you have so little reviews? I'm sure that bothers you, because your story is a better fiction than most books out there, so yeah. I'll admit I'm lazy as fuck and I don't review as religiously as I should, but only 10 reviews per chapter? That's insulting. You needed at least a five hundred reviews by now to do this story justice, as I've seen with a few Harry/Ginny focused stories out there... Which just proves that most Harry Potter fiction readers are seeking a romantic development over a firm, continuously brewing plot and well written characters.

Now, I won't be a hypocrite and say I don't love romantic stories, cause I do. Very much, so, in fact, as I'm a hopeless sap. Even my wife tells me so, which is kinda of a bang to my masculinity, but oh well, getting out of topic here. But truly, I also really connect with the characters in every fiction I like (which is kinda a main reason for me to like fiction in the first place), so going for character development in this explendid depthfull (is that a word?) way, like you've done again and again, is a sure way to get me hooked in any story. And really, your insights on the characters are really something, not everybody can do that, that's a pretty big talent. Anyway, you should be proud of this, and you DO deserve more reviews, and while I know you don't really sound like the person who cares about the number of reviews you get, as long as there ARE some worthy of note, it's still off puting for me that such a good story doesn't get it's just rewards in the way it should. Jsut saying, you write like a motherfucker talented sonovabitch, and you should be more recognized for it.

Good chapter, Scott sounds like he's in pain. Well, I'd wait until he gets to Grimmauld place... Harry and Hermione may not deck him immediately, but Ginny is obviously not above that. Neither is Ron, on that matter.
RedEuthyphro chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
Very riveting, well-paced chapter. I enjoyed this moment for Scott; it speaks to his character in a big way. Also a plus that the Death Eaters are improving their tactics in response to the threat Scott poses so that it doesn't get too easy for him.
Nifty Niffler chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
I understand why Scott did it but I imagine he's going to get dumped on when he gets back.

As for JKR's insistence that Harry should have ended up with Hermione, yeah, that caused quite the uproar. I've chosen to ignore what she said and believe wholeheartedly in another statement she made in which Harry and Ginny were soulmates and that Harry would be a hard person to love and he needed someone just as strong, just as stubborn as he was. I still believe Ginny is the best for Harry because she understood him like no other could. She knew of his link to Voldemort and it didn't bother her because she, herself, had been "linked" to Voldemort.

Anyway, my opinions for what it's worth.
IHateSnakes chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
Great update, Caleb. I like the long retreat and am reminded of the scene in Band of Brothers where Buck Compton hides in a drain pipe after nearly being run over by a tank. Your intimations that the bad guys are cluing (clueing?) into Scott's abilities are intriguing. I look forward to the next chapter. ihs
Marinka chapter 15 . 3/3/2014
Some survival technics by Scott! Hopefully he will have time to analyse the DE attack and training that they have received. Very, very organised military operation, i wonder where this came from? Somebody with muggle military background in DE camp?
As to the interview, i think it is a publicity grab by JKR and et al. Honestly, who juidges characters based on movie if you have books? Half of what was in the books did not make it to the movies and lots of things got changed, plus main actors are not really what they looked like in the books.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 15 . 3/3/2014
Interesting chapter. I think Scott broke contact as best he could, given that he had to distract the Death Eaters to allow Harry, et al an opportunity to escape. I wonder if the next time, he'll be bringing smoke or CS grenades or even attaching an M203 to his M4...
xvector chapter 14 . 2/25/2014
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING STORY so far! I hope you are still writing this. Characters are perfect, I love the development in everyone!

You are a truly talented author. You have skill with writing that is unparalleled by almost all fanfiction writers and most IRL writers... I sincerely hope you are continuing this story. It has been a fantastic ride so far - I have barely thought of sleeping or eating for the past few days reading TTM and Vis Insta.

P.S.:
I love the Khardjai excerpts at the beginning of each chapter!
Maybe do a bit on Neville/Luna at Hogwarts? I don't really care for the couple (in fan fiction or canon) but a half-chapter or something might be neat to illustrate the bleak, seemingly hopeless situation at Hogwarts (now that it is Death Eater Training Camp) and the struggles of what remains of the DA to stay coherent. With Death Eaters occupying Hogwarts, it would be interesting to see what it is like under situations much worse than Umbridge.

But after all; write what you feel like. A roller coaster is not as fun if we have a part in making it and know what to expect - you are the artist. Create what you feel is right; not what we ask you to do, obviously.
Inoeth chapter 14 . 2/13/2014
I really liked this Godric's Hollow visit. I particularly liked your take on the fight with Nagini. I am surprised that they didn't tnly temporarily retreat and then attempt to reconnaissance-en-force Bagshot's former home. At the same time, gunshots, particularly rifles, are noisy and they may want to GTFO.

I also am very curious as to how they'll react to the realization that they weren't as alone as they thought and that someone (most likely V and/or a DE) set up a trap for them and knew exactly what they were after- or if not exactly, then had a damn good idea.

I also wonder if the use of guns and killing will slowly become more of a reality to the four of them as they see the effectiveness, are hardened to the gore and internalize just what kind of evil they are fighting (it's one thing to intellectually know they're dealing with evil and death, but it takes actually witnessing and being part of such events, possibly multiple times for it to truly sink in).

I look forward to the next update and wonder if you'll go farther and farther away from canon now.
AragornII chapter 14 . 2/11/2014
Noticing the extensive details in your writing: Harry's concerns about his ability to use Muggle technology, their clothing and hair styles, all of the communication codes and protocols, Scott's pique at the slight to the AFS memorial, etc. That adds a lot of flavor to the meat of the story.

Also aware in re-reading the last chapter of how much I appreciate your bringing Sophie back. She really enhances the social interactions.

Thanks