Reviews for Vis Insita
freshwater57 chapter 14 . 2/8/2014
Interesting take on Harry's reaction to his parents' graves and his first home...likely very realistic and understandable.

Nice contrast in the conversations between Scott and Red Unit and Gold Unit, you conveyed his sense of tension well.

As always, eagerly awaiting more...
jcgeorge chapter 14 . 2/8/2014
Woohoo! Every time I get a chapter alert for this story, I jump a little with excitement hahaa! Loved it. Eagerly waiting for more. :)
Shypman chapter 13 . 2/1/2014
So glad to catch up with this story. It's my favorite I've ever read on this site (as I've mentioned before). Please keep it up!
AragornII chapter 13 . 1/5/2014
There are many things that could be said about this paragraph, but I think the scene with Sophie at the end is one of the best. Scott switching from his simple talk at her request is a reminder of a spice you're quite fond of...ie, the technical descriptions...but one you don't overuse.

I recall praising the addition of Kylie to the story way back in TTM, for reasons I wasn't really sure of, and your continued integration here clearly justifies whatever caused your inspiration and my intuition then. It adds an emotional layer to the story that has nothing to do with their mission...but is oh so about their basic humanity, and why we care about them even more.

Your AN is a great recognition...and a valuable learning for you. Writing this brilliant 'should' have more readership. Believe you've identified a major reason why it's played out as it has...
IHateSnakes chapter 13 . 1/2/2014
I love the development of the characters, strategies, and overlooked/ignored aspects of JKR's writing, particularly how you give the good guys some common-sense offensive options (vis-a-vis the taboo trap.) Reading this is such a breath of fresh air after a years of ho-hum fanfics. Do you have a tip jar? ihs
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 13 . 1/1/2014
As usual, a very good chapter. It reads like a place-setting chapter, (which I'm certain was the goal), some minor info dumps catching everyone up on what the secondary characters are doing thinking. Also, you really nailed the tedium, waiting aspect/pressure on the characters. By the end of the chapter, I was getting antsy to go somewhere and fight someone!
HP18 chapter 12 . 12/22/2013
As usual great chapter and an even better A/N. Don't let anyone tell you how to run your story or character. But I thought Harry always wore PJs
IHateSnakes chapter 12 . 12/17/2013
Wonderful and engaging. Please keep writing! A
ihs
Nifty Niffler chapter 12 . 12/17/2013
Okay, I'll admit that I was a bit disappointed with the talk between Harry and Ginny. I expected a little more discussion on what had happened at the Burrow and with the Horcrux. Instead, Harry just internalizes it all like usual. Maybe I missed the meaning of the scene and need to re-read it. I like the moment between Scott and Sophie. That was sweet. I'm glad Molly and Lila have to come to an understanding of sorts.

As for your characterization of Ginny, I have no problem with it whatsoever. I love her.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 12 . 12/16/2013
Great chapter as usual. A few extremely minor quibbles: your Ginny is very mature, Much more so than Harry (not that being more mature than a teenage boy is difficult). it does a advance the plot since she can interact with Harry in more ways than anyone, but I think she runs the risk of being too much of an emotional crutch, but overall her character is great. The second minor quibble is that Lila should be able to come up with a cover story that sells much easier. She is an experience d covert operative, but her effort does seem to be needed to expand the teitary characters. Thanks again for a great story.
bladerunnerff chapter 12 . 12/16/2013
Glad to see you're still writing this :-)
Regarding the A/N I think Ginny should have the motivation to be more hands on e.g. weapon training since she has reason to hate voldemort and his DEs due to CoS & diary and them trying to kill Harry, the one she loves, lounging around or passive healer shouldn't be an option.
Look forward to next chapter of this unique storyline
RedEuthyphro chapter 12 . 12/16/2013
Read this instead of studying for my exam in the morning. Well worth it. Or at least it still seems like that right now. Some good character development in here; always nice to see characters like Lila popping in and out, keeping everything fresh and nobody forgotten. I think you have Ginny spot on given what we have to go on in canon. Enjoyed the scene between Scott and Sophie, too-she brings out an aspect of him we don't often see. Keep up the good work!
marinka chapter 12 . 12/15/2013
He-he, I am glad to see you writing the AN:)) one of the reasons why I mentioned Ginny learning healing is because in every small team, team members will have several roles/jobs to do/play. So yes, she is Harry's teddy bear And the security blanket:)) but I think she would be allocated to do other jobs as well. Not necessarily as a healer ( though useful in the war time) but it could have been anything else, after all she is a prime:))
That aside, good chapter and thank you for sharing ! Please don't be upset with me, i was thinking out loud:)))
TimeShifter chapter 12 . 12/15/2013
I've actually enjoyed your Ginny, even if her role largely has been to have the courage and insight Harry is clearly lacking and the ability to cut through all his self-doubt and recriminations (even if some of the reason she's able to do that is because he loves her differently than his friends). I thoroughly enjoy reading the scenes between them where Ginny's trying to help Harry deal with things. It normally doesn't feel like she's fully succeeded either, which at first was annoying. Now, I realize it's more believable. She isn't able to help him fully overcome things -not while the war rages on- but she helps to keep those thoughts at bay for a time. Hermione and Scott are similarly fun to watch, and the talk with Scott and Sophie had me hoping the latter will be around more.

I understand and appreciate your thoughts on how to write Ginny and the other characters, and that's probably why I've enjoyed your Ginny so far. Now I'm interested to see her mimicry skills and how Quidditch will be used (Gringotts perhaps?). Thanks as always for this story! See you next time!
nothyme chapter 12 . 12/15/2013
I think Ginny's characterization is perfect-in essence, each character is not just journeying to destroy horcruxes but journeying to find who they are, what they are. Harry is in the depths of the "finding the father, finding the self" trope-finding out the truth of James (the biological father), who Dumbledore really was (the surrogate father), and the different facets of Voldemort (the man who put him on the road he now travels). Each character has shown loyalty and bravery but, as with most teenagers, much of what is the mature personality is still finding it's footing. Let Ginny go on her own, along with the others.
I just question the teenagers' self restraint. Had I been sixteen sleeping in the same room as my hot boyfriend in knickers and a T-shirt, I don't care what emotional turmoil I was dealing with, I doubt the few clothes would have remained very long.
315 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »