Reviews for Vis Insita
Lessa-W chapter 26 . 2/20
Love the original characters and how you've created your own world woth them would love to see their stories told someday. Love this fix as a whole and all the questions it raises.
Fred chapter 26 . 2/20
I think part of Scott's characterization issues is that his "idiosyncrasies" read more like Draco Malfoy than a "rough around the edges" sort of guy. His repeated sexual references to Hermione, after she clearly expresses how unwelcome and inappropriate they are, are vile no matter how "funny" he thinks they are. Its not acceptable for anyone to ignore consent in any fashion either out of humor or anger. At that point in the story I just started to ignore as much of Scott as possible and focused on the Trio.

His apology to Hermione here is far too weak, far to late, and honestly not something that can be apologized for since he did it expressly on purpose. The fact that you had her so meekly accept it just underscores that Scoot, is at his most basic, a giant tool.

That said I do like your characterizations of the Trio and that's enough to keep me reading enough Scott is such an assbag.
OLOLOLOL chapter 22 . 1/21

Passionismywriting chapter 25 . 1/6
Well this was pretty creepy. Well done. I'm guessing the people on the tree is all the primes Scott couldn't save? & maybe the horocrux knows Harry is one? Foreshadowing perhaps? Either way, I'm enjoying this crazy ride. You've certainly given the horocurxs more power then J.K. ever did. Hope they get out & destroy the diadem soon.
IHateSnakes chapter 25 . 1/6
Thanks for the Christmas update! Good reading; can't wait for more. ihs
Nifty Niffler chapter 25 . 12/22/2014
Wow. Pretty gruesome there, but I understand the necessity since it's Scott's dream. I can't even begin to imagine all the past deeds he's done. Glad to see they're all together again. Happy Hollidays to you.
Brightly Bound chapter 25 . 12/22/2014
Congratulations. You almost made me puke. Happy holidays, indeed.
freshwater chapter 25 . 12/21/2014
You are the King of Creepy and win the Outstanding Achievement Prize for Vivid Imagery. Wow...
Camyerono0 chapter 24 . 12/8/2014
This is my first interaction at all on ff - I've been a lurker for some time, and I felt that what you just did was really well done, whatever it was. The whole series is refreshingly different, and I've found myself agreeing with all your authors notes, especially the more cynical ones! Not going to lie, I came to ff for the fluff/lemon, but I decided that it looked worth reading. Please, up your pace or whatever, and if you do some lemon, I'm sure with your writing ability loads of people would read it :P I'm greatly looking forward to the next update, I'm sure it'll be up soon!
coroamm chapter 24 . 12/2/2014
As someone who's found himself mostly done with fanfiction due to its tendency to lack things like character development and plot, I'm happy to say this is the one fanfic I still read. This story reads like an actual novel instead of the ideas of someone trying to make their favorite characters bump uglies. I enjoy the unique starting point this story took; and I always look forward to the next chapter. Thanks!
Passionismywriting chapter 24 . 11/30/2014
So, I'm really glad it's just the horocrux & not you going insane & starting over.. I'm really happy about that. It will be interesting to see where Scott goes & how the group gets out of this predicament.
fmcmahon4 chapter 24 . 11/26/2014
Okay, I'm glad to see there was a method to your madness from the previous chapter. I didn't comment because I knew you had to be up to something, but I wanted to wait to see what it was first. Very clever, I never would have considered the horcrux having that kind of power. It makes you wonder how powerful is your Voldemort if a piece of his soul can do this much. I also kind of wish JK Rowling gave the horcrux's a little more power to influence people than what she did. I think it would have made the 7th book much more interesting; first they have to find the horcrux and battle Voldemort's defenses and then they have to battle the horcrux itself. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Yami Umi chapter 3 . 11/25/2014
Damn, pressed wrong and sent an incomplete review of chapter 24. Here is the rest:

...but I think Harry is lacking that overall gentle fierceness that made him so unique in Dumbledore's eyes. He is a better person because, even though he IS hotheaded quite a few times, even in stressful situations he usually can be found thinking rationally and trying to make everyone see clearly and united; in otherwise, he can keep calm and thinking straight, see the error of his words, see their possible outcomes and SEE when he is being an insensitive asshole, and he usually stops himself from trampling people.

When I see this Harry, I see an angered and stressed teenager, which is understandable, but not really typical of him. His mopeness? Typical. His hotheadness? Typical. His furious explosions all over the pace, even with Scott, and a bad temperament overall? Not so much.
Yami Umi chapter 24 . 11/25/2014
Now things are clear. Never have seen Inception either, though.

By the way, I enjoy jabs. Most definetely I enjoy a few jabs... Maybe I'm an intelectually violent person? Marriage law...

But I digress. Well, as you well know, I mentioned a few reviews back that I noticed something that... Qh, not quite right, most proeminently with Harry. Now, I KNOW he is a different person from the books, not only because Scott influenced his personality quite a bit, and not even because the situation is marginally different from the one Harry found himself in the seventh book, but because fanfic authors, as much as they might try, cannot depict a 100% faithful characterization, mainly because they are not the original authors.

Even so, there is something that has been bothering me about Harry's character... Even though I know the situation is stressful, I've seen Harry acting way too... enraged for his overall gentle personality. He is no pushover, definetely, but his fifth year was the peak of his teenagey anger, and we see clearly that, in the six book, Harry has mellowed out his anger and learned from his mistakes. I, and you are completely entitled to disagree if you must,
Dinobot14 chapter 24 . 11/24/2014
Yeah, I guess it was kind of foolish to think that you would just up and take the story in a completely different direction. I think I was convinced when you had Scott come up with a plausible-sounding mystic space and time mumbo jumbo reset theory that sounded about as legitimate as anything else that he justifies... but I still think having a standard time travel story with Scott along for the ride, but with him being powerless would be good fun.

I enjoyed the cliche fanfiction realities that everyone was thrown into, in fact, I think the main reason I like this story so much is because of all of the meta references that Scott makes so much. It's as if a person, who never watched the movies or read the books, was just thrown into the universe and told to make it better, but was only given horribly written notes about the series to inform him of what is going on. I love every second of it.

I look forward to the next one.
306 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »