Reviews for Vis Insita
Nifty Niffler chapter 25 . 12/22/2014
Wow. Pretty gruesome there, but I understand the necessity since it's Scott's dream. I can't even begin to imagine all the past deeds he's done. Glad to see they're all together again. Happy Hollidays to you.
Brightly Bound chapter 25 . 12/22/2014
Congratulations. You almost made me puke. Happy holidays, indeed.
freshwater chapter 25 . 12/21/2014
You are the King of Creepy and win the Outstanding Achievement Prize for Vivid Imagery. Wow...
Camyerono0 chapter 24 . 12/8/2014
This is my first interaction at all on ff - I've been a lurker for some time, and I felt that what you just did was really well done, whatever it was. The whole series is refreshingly different, and I've found myself agreeing with all your authors notes, especially the more cynical ones! Not going to lie, I came to ff for the fluff/lemon, but I decided that it looked worth reading. Please, up your pace or whatever, and if you do some lemon, I'm sure with your writing ability loads of people would read it :P I'm greatly looking forward to the next update, I'm sure it'll be up soon!
coroamm chapter 24 . 12/2/2014
As someone who's found himself mostly done with fanfiction due to its tendency to lack things like character development and plot, I'm happy to say this is the one fanfic I still read. This story reads like an actual novel instead of the ideas of someone trying to make their favorite characters bump uglies. I enjoy the unique starting point this story took; and I always look forward to the next chapter. Thanks!
Passionismywriting chapter 24 . 11/30/2014
So, I'm really glad it's just the horocrux & not you going insane & starting over.. I'm really happy about that. It will be interesting to see where Scott goes & how the group gets out of this predicament.
fmcmahon4 chapter 24 . 11/26/2014
Okay, I'm glad to see there was a method to your madness from the previous chapter. I didn't comment because I knew you had to be up to something, but I wanted to wait to see what it was first. Very clever, I never would have considered the horcrux having that kind of power. It makes you wonder how powerful is your Voldemort if a piece of his soul can do this much. I also kind of wish JK Rowling gave the horcrux's a little more power to influence people than what she did. I think it would have made the 7th book much more interesting; first they have to find the horcrux and battle Voldemort's defenses and then they have to battle the horcrux itself. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.
Yami Umi chapter 3 . 11/25/2014
Damn, pressed wrong and sent an incomplete review of chapter 24. Here is the rest:

...but I think Harry is lacking that overall gentle fierceness that made him so unique in Dumbledore's eyes. He is a better person because, even though he IS hotheaded quite a few times, even in stressful situations he usually can be found thinking rationally and trying to make everyone see clearly and united; in otherwise, he can keep calm and thinking straight, see the error of his words, see their possible outcomes and SEE when he is being an insensitive asshole, and he usually stops himself from trampling people.

When I see this Harry, I see an angered and stressed teenager, which is understandable, but not really typical of him. His mopeness? Typical. His hotheadness? Typical. His furious explosions all over the pace, even with Scott, and a bad temperament overall? Not so much.
Yami Umi chapter 24 . 11/25/2014
Now things are clear. Never have seen Inception either, though.

By the way, I enjoy jabs. Most definetely I enjoy a few jabs... Maybe I'm an intelectually violent person? Marriage law...

But I digress. Well, as you well know, I mentioned a few reviews back that I noticed something that... Qh, not quite right, most proeminently with Harry. Now, I KNOW he is a different person from the books, not only because Scott influenced his personality quite a bit, and not even because the situation is marginally different from the one Harry found himself in the seventh book, but because fanfic authors, as much as they might try, cannot depict a 100% faithful characterization, mainly because they are not the original authors.

Even so, there is something that has been bothering me about Harry's character... Even though I know the situation is stressful, I've seen Harry acting way too... enraged for his overall gentle personality. He is no pushover, definetely, but his fifth year was the peak of his teenagey anger, and we see clearly that, in the six book, Harry has mellowed out his anger and learned from his mistakes. I, and you are completely entitled to disagree if you must,
Dinobot14 chapter 24 . 11/24/2014
Yeah, I guess it was kind of foolish to think that you would just up and take the story in a completely different direction. I think I was convinced when you had Scott come up with a plausible-sounding mystic space and time mumbo jumbo reset theory that sounded about as legitimate as anything else that he justifies... but I still think having a standard time travel story with Scott along for the ride, but with him being powerless would be good fun.

I enjoyed the cliche fanfiction realities that everyone was thrown into, in fact, I think the main reason I like this story so much is because of all of the meta references that Scott makes so much. It's as if a person, who never watched the movies or read the books, was just thrown into the universe and told to make it better, but was only given horribly written notes about the series to inform him of what is going on. I love every second of it.

I look forward to the next one.
Lessa-W chapter 24 . 11/24/2014
Loved the fanfiction self serving stupidity line!
Grown Up Ron chapter 24 . 11/24/2014
I don't know, I went and read the review and while it is obviously satire I think his or her review is still accurate. Yes satire uses common themes and tropes to humorously mock certain genres but that's the rub isn't it? It has to be funny or at least amusing.

That chapter was neither, it was just quite boring. You could have done the same thing just by listing bullet point fanfic tropes and it would have read the same way. You did just use a bunch of clichés and ram them together for, I hope, the purpose of trying to be funny. I'm not sure what the point of a satirical chapter in the middle of a not 100% satirical story is but hopefully that will be revealed soon.

tl;dr Honestly I think both of you missed the point.
InfiniteDragon chapter 24 . 11/23/2014
Ha ha... yeah, I might just have to read that review, then. ;)
The comments I made in the last review about it being 'time-travel' (I forget exactly how I worded it, but do remember saying something along the lines of it not being 'real time-travel' or something like that) should put me at least in the 'figured it out' category by a small margin, but either way- I was not expecting quite this method (though I did, for the record, expect the locket of course).
That means it's good, because not much in fiction- any fiction- surprises me this far in. Grats for that. :)
Inception... I can see where people would make the connection, but it's really not like that. It's more like digging either out of the layers of an onion to freedom, or in through the layers of said onion to the kernel of truth, depending on what they see in Scott's 'dream' (though both would likely lead to the same end, of course). And while Inception has 'layers', they aren't the same from what I can see / remember of the movie.

Also, very good read. There were more typos than usual- I think I counted 5- but still quite enjoyable. :)
Nifty Niffler chapter 24 . 11/23/2014
Okay that was marvelously confusing. Interesting, however. Loved Scott's fanfiction line. Made me chuckle.
Ranger chapter 24 . 11/23/2014
I'm not sure what to say other than Chapter 24 was terrible. It was as if you were trying to cram in as many bad fanfic clichés as possible in one chapter. Truly I don't think the English language has words descriptive enough to express how dreadful it was.
331 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »