Reviews for Vis Insita
Francisco Castro chapter 23 . 10/21/2014
Greetings from Venezuela! Excellent story, great character writing and a good sense of (dark) humor, all of which make this (and TTM) one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I really like the authencity of how the characters think, it makes the story stand out. Most other AU fanfics make the characters hard to connect with, making the characters too smart or too detached. Keep up the good work!

PS: I'm not going to ask you to post faster since you probably get those a lot (and most likely ignore those a lot), but I will say getting an email notification that you've updated is enough to put me in a good mood.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 23 . 10/21/2014
Well, that was a unique chapter to say the least. I don't think I've read such a well written, yet extremely confusing chapter in a long time. The scenes were all detailed and vivid and I have to admit that I expected it to be the result of the horcrux (and it might still be). I'll certainly be very curious to see where you from here.
TimeShifter chapter 23 . 10/21/2014
"Strange" is right. I have no idea how to react to this chapter, though I goes were not looking at a few dozen chapters of "repeat the past." I'm curious what's going on, but I can't imagine having to read about minor changes to the plot of book one again.

But congrats on the reviews! This is a great, well-written long story, and those are insanely rare in the fanfiction world. Can't wait to see what caused this to happen, and how they'll undo it.
InfiniteDragon chapter 23 . 10/21/2014
Not something I expected, given the last chapter, honestly.
Or anything, really. lol
I'm alright with time-travel (you know what I mean, whether it actually is or not) as a genre, so I'm not adverse to this at all, but I have to admit it's making me quite curious as to where you're going with it and what route you'll take to get there.
Deadman19 chapter 23 . 10/21/2014
Wait...what? Good chapter but I'm confused as to how they got from hopping the wall to Hogsmeade to going back in time?
Passionismywriting chapter 22 . 10/18/2014
Another interesting chapter. In this case, I feel like Dumbledore has given Scott a heavy task. On the one hand, he should tell Harry about being a horocrux, but on the other hand, I get why J.K. waited until the last moment. Either way Harry will be pissed. As a recon mission, this chapter was important to the story because finally they are once again on the offensive. As it stands once they get the cup, all that's left is confronting Voldermort. I can't wait to see how we get there.
Passionismywriting chapter 21 . 10/18/2014
Ok, I'm sorta confused here. Dumbledore got interrupted by hermoine before he could finish telling Scott, Harry couldn't be killed by Voldermort. But was Scott able to come to that conclusion with what Dumbledore WAS able to tell him? In this I'm confounded by my advance knowledge of J.K. Canon. I know Harry won't die, so I finished Dumbledore's sentence in my head. But did Scott? As always you are writing a really well thought out fanfiction.
LilyArcher chapter 22 . 10/14/2014
Awesome as usual. Every time you update this story, it makes my day. Actually. I kid you not.
I much prefer a novel length fanfiction to one-shots, but that's just me. I usually find that one-shots are unsatisfying and leave me wanting more, but no more is coming. The same thing about unfinished fanfiction. I usually avoid those, but yours is an exception. I started That Terrifying Momentum when it was completed, so I thought I would have a good, satisfying ending. Little did I know, there's a sequel. I like this story too much to just abandon it though, so every month, I come back and check to see if there's a new chapter.
Wren Truesong chapter 22 . 10/14/2014
My my. My goodness gracious my oh.

This was NOT what I was expecting last night when I rather boredly clicked on the only title in my PhoenixSong update email, which I only still have because I never bothered to turn it off because it's an email I don't much use anymore.

I was just out for something different. I certainly got it, and I ENJOYED the experience! XD

Scott and Lilah and Sophie all surprised and delighted me, and you really have a beautiful handle on our Six. You do marvellously with Ginny in particular given how little we have to go on, and I must admit I fell into giggles when you mentioned the Bechdel test.

And your Girl Talk with Hermione was GREAT. XD

I'm going to have to keep an eye on this one. Thanks for sharing!
Lessa-W chapter 22 . 10/11/2014
Have loved you story so far , you are doing an awesome job developing the characters and their relationships in a why that pulls a reader in . Love how long the chapters are too!
Inoeth chapter 22 . 10/4/2014
Nice chapter.

This chapter felt a lot closer to the original chapter than others, but with your own twists and changes that ultimately enhance the original story and plot.

I am very curious to see more changes to the HP characters in terms of their thoughts and actions, along with more and larger changes to the full story as all the little changes that have occurred ripple out to change far more.

Given that you are keeping many aspects of the original story such as the horocrux hunt and where they are located, some things do have to be effectively just a re-write with a few changes and enhancements, such as this chapter, but I do sort of feel that there should be more changes and that by this point in the story, the story should be looking far less like the original novels than it currently does.

Although you're doing an admirable job in continuing this story and trying to do more original things than most, I find that my biggest fault with fanfiction stories is the fact that so many people change something in the original and then fail to truly appreciate how those changes can completely change the entire story from there on out.

I'm rather curious as to when and how this story will end, and how close to the original novels it ends up being.

In any case, keep it up and thanks for being one of the very few authors with long unfinished stories to actually continue to update and get closer and closer to finishing.
Yami Umi chapter 22 . 9/30/2014
I got really surprised when i got to the page and suddenly found two chapters of Vis Insita updated. For some reason, the first update must have eluded me, though I have no idea how exactly that happened (I usually check at least once every day, two days top).

And past tense rules. For me, narrative is more natural like that, though I don't know if it's some small and very slight reasoning my inconscious have predeterminated, or if I just got used to it and prefer it that way now. Most of the good books I have read, as long as they're a narrative, of course, were written at past tense, so... (I'm looking at you, Joanne K. R.).

By the way, two things: I much prefer long one-shots than small and curt ones. An Eight thousand words story sounds about right for me, every now anx then.

And, for last, don't know if You're into the genre or not, but Cuckoo's Calling is a little good book, and I recommend it to anyone who is afan of Rowling's work. I enjoy the main character way too much, and for some reason, I think you'll also enjoy the company of Cormoran Strike. There is a second book already, if you like the series (shr plans to make at least seven). Can't wait for the third, to be honest...

And finally, good chapter, though with your next update I'll bring something that came to mind about your story. I'd like to see your thoughts on it. Til then, see ya!
Nifty Niffler chapter 22 . 9/30/2014
Nice chapter. Looking forward to seeing what happens when they get back to get rid of the horcrux.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 22 . 9/29/2014
Another horcrux captured and a Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dweller reference! Well done Sir. Of course, I was kind of hoping for running gun battle (with suppressors of course)...
sylvelle chapter 22 . 9/29/2014
It was great, found myself telling them "room of Hidden things" I don't think they heard but you did. Good chapter
306 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »