Reviews for Vis Insita
strangeways chapter 17 . 4/28/2014
I did enjoy both Remus's visit and the girl-talk.

I do think Ginny might have a greater understanding of Harry's reticence in advancing their physical relationship if she stopped to consider that while her pool of options for people to speak with for advice on the matter is somewhat restricted, his pool of options (even at the best of times) has a rather significant overlap with the list of people who'd be quite happy to hear that she'd taken a vow of chastity and that the furthest she'd ever gone with a boy was holding hands. The only easily available alternative he has is Scott ... who she probably would rather Harry didn't take advice from (just in general, never mind specifically when it comes to women). That, or the awkwardness of him discussing their physical relationship with her former Defence professor (who happens to be friends with her parents). Or (if he could being himself to do it), placing Hermione in the awkward position of being the one that both of them are asking for advice.

I tend to review most often when I feel I have a relevant comment, or a question that I think the author might answer about why they took a certain approach. If a given chapter is solid, containing no obvious gaffes or plot holes, and doesn't really raise any questions to which the answers would not be spoilers, there's not much left to say. If a particular section stands out in some way, I might be driven to praise it, highlighting what I thought was especially good. But if the whole thing was good, with nothing standing out from the rest in either a positive or negative manner, I find myself giving rather shallow and empty comments like 'good chapter' or 'well done' ... which gets repetitive for both myself and the author (some still want to hear it, others do not).

I used to fill my reviews with various proofreading corrections, but have moved away from that as being both too labour-intensive and falling to address the content in favor of addressing the presentation. Now, if needs be, I might suggest that something needs additional proofreading (without subsequently performing the task). Your writing doesn't struggle with spelling, punctuation, or grammar, so there's not much to say on that front either (except, again, ' good work').

Where you depart from canon always seems intentional and with clear purpose (and, to the best of my recollection, pretty much every departure has been contingent on the original element of change that resulted from introducing Scott and his mission), so there's no more call for me to play Canon Cop questioning the whys and wherefores of such things than there is for me to be the Punctuation Police.

Anyways, I've rambled on enough for now, so in closing: Good work, keep it up! ;)
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 17 . 4/28/2014
Remus was about as expected, a useful scene to let Harry et al know what was going on outside, but not much else. Since I'm not a girl, the girl talk was an interesting window into what those talks could/would be. However, the readers already know that Ginny basically wants Harry, but Harry is too broken/noble to follow through - although proximity and hormones should pretty much have taken over by now...

From a plot perspective, I think the story really needs to move out of Gimmauld Place. Nothing really seems to be going on/characters developing unless you count Harry's brooding factor going up to 11.

As always, looking forward to more!
Natalia chapter 16 . 4/14/2014
I love this so far — it really is amazing! I can't wait until you update again. I've been obsessed with this story lately:) kutgw! Natalia Zwickle
n1ginnyfan chapter 1 . 4/11/2014
Just picked up this story after TTM. I'm really happy the way the story is progressing :)

Like the last reviewer said, I think it would be more important to build on Scott and Sophie's relationship as of now,

Also, I read a few of your AN's about Neville and Luna and how you were seemingly abandoning their side of the story. I, for one, would love to see their relationship and story brought up again, they had a good thing going.

Hoping to see the next chapter soon!
Nom de Cle chapter 16 . 4/10/2014
Long time listener, first time caller.

I'm dying for more Remus and have just been agonized to realize he doesn't arrive yet in this chapter. I'm constantly hoping for more of a role for Remus in Harry's life... and in a Remus way (and maybe a little in a Tonks way), not in a pseudo-Sirius way.

With respect to Scott & Sophie - love the dynamic, but I'll have to agree with the last reviewer that their relationship seems oddly undeveloped, given how forward Scott seems to be. It makes me feel that Sophie has rebuffed him, whether intentionally or not, for them to still be friends and not more, already. That being said, I'm not interested in hearing too much about their history - I'd rather read more about their present/future.
Yami Umi chapter 16 . 4/7/2014
To be quite honest with you, I'm in so deep in this story that it's quite hard for me to dislike almost anything you can possibly do (I trust your writing THAT much), and a little more insight on the characters it's not a bad thing at all. And anyway, your character development is what got me hooked on the story in the first place, so a little more of it wouldn't hurt, specially with a character like Sophie, who's like breath of fresh hair when compared to Scott and Lila. Not to say I don't like them, because I really do (specially Scott), but sometimes they are way too intense and military and efficient (and let's not forget vulgar). Sophie, even though she IS a soldier and acts like one, has a different role in the team AND in the story, and has more of a sensitive and quiet personality, so it's refreshing.

Aaaaand there's something that has been bothering me for a while, though it's such a minor thing that I didn't even pay any attention to it at all, in the beggining. Don't get me wrong, but that thing with Sophie and Scott is a little... hm, better say it bluntly, right? It's a little virginal. At least, it's virginal for THEM.

I mean, it just doesn't add up: he is attracted to her, she is attracted to him, Scott does harbor some feelings of deeper affection for her. The latter DOES seems reciprocal, or at least she has some interest. Adding the fact that Scott is NOT the type to beat around the bush on things like this, and putting into that bowl that they have been friends for a very bloody long time, AND that hey HAVE had proper time between missions to develop things further... so, improper offers notwithstanding, WHY the hell aren't the two of them together? I mean, Scott doesn't seem like the person who would be shy and hesitant to take things further, AND Sophie doesn't look like she'd mind. Also, Scott wouldn't be daft enough to not do things properly if it was required of him, so... yeah, it has been bothering me. So, I'm curious to see the story behind that beating around the bush; well, if you want to give more insight on Sophie, who am I to complain?
RedEuthyphro chapter 16 . 4/5/2014
Enjoyed this chapter very much. Re: Scott/Sophie history, would certainly enjoy that. I think it would definitely help frame and provide insight into where they're both coming from and how they relate to each other.
Nifty Niffler chapter 16 . 4/4/2014
Glad that they won't be keeping Remus at bay. Hopefully, only Remus shows. It would be very stupid of whomever to try to follow Remus and to attempt to take Ginny back to the Burrow. I guess we'll wait and see.

Hermione makes me want to scream sometimes, she's so clueless. Just when Harry was loosening up she had to mention the Horcruxes and drag Harry back down again. I know she's got a one-track mind but she needs to be just a bit more observant and empathetic to others at times.
Opaque-Cavalier chapter 16 . 4/3/2014
Nice to see the Scott alone arc wrapped up. The Remus meeting should be interesting. I think that once Harry thinks about it, he'll realize Scott made the correct choice. The "I must sacrifice myself for everyone all the time" is probably getting VERY OLD by now to all the characters. Harry being willing to sacrifice himself is noble in the right circumstances, all the time is just annoying. Ginny just ought to "take things to the next level" (ahem) to give Harry a reason to want to live...
jcgeorge chapter 16 . 4/2/2014
Awesome chapter, as always!
Thanks for the update :)
xvector chapter 15 . 3/8/2014
Loved the action! Great chapter. The tight spots had me clinging to the edge of my seat! It will be interesting to see how Scott's orders to protect his primes at whatever cost to himself and Harry's saviour/guilt complex interact.

And I agree with the Author's Note- Harry/Hermione makes little sense to me, even in fan fiction. Harry/Ginny made more sense in the books, even though it felt shallow at points (but that's where fanfiction comes in!). Ron does not intimidate Hermione as Harry does.

I look forward to the next chapter!

P.S. I guess Scott was not carrying Blue rounds (or explosives) with him this time around?
lordsesshomaru2 chapter 15 . 3/7/2014
I never actually read her state in the interview that she thought Harry and hermione were ever a good idea, just that Ron/hermione probably wasn't the best pairing for the two of them. Anyways, great chapter. I like how you're giving Ginny a bigger role.
AragornII chapter 15 . 3/6/2014
Good to get the focus on Scott...at least for this bit...fleshing him out a bit, so to speak.

JKR's main thing to regret about the pairings is how pathetically she handled the romance element. Ginny had huge potential and she's hardly in the 7th book. It's ridiculous. There is NO reunion between the two of them at the end. How could anyone reading the manuscript not scream the question "what are you doing leaving this scene out?"?

My appreciation to many fanfiction authors for helping rectify the omissions...
Yami Umi chapter 15 . 3/5/2014
You know, I do have question: Why do you have so little reviews? I'm sure that bothers you, because your story is a better fiction than most books out there, so yeah. I'll admit I'm lazy as fuck and I don't review as religiously as I should, but only 10 reviews per chapter? That's insulting. You needed at least a five hundred reviews by now to do this story justice, as I've seen with a few Harry/Ginny focused stories out there... Which just proves that most Harry Potter fiction readers are seeking a romantic development over a firm, continuously brewing plot and well written characters.

Now, I won't be a hypocrite and say I don't love romantic stories, cause I do. Very much, so, in fact, as I'm a hopeless sap. Even my wife tells me so, which is kinda of a bang to my masculinity, but oh well, getting out of topic here. But truly, I also really connect with the characters in every fiction I like (which is kinda a main reason for me to like fiction in the first place), so going for character development in this explendid depthfull (is that a word?) way, like you've done again and again, is a sure way to get me hooked in any story. And really, your insights on the characters are really something, not everybody can do that, that's a pretty big talent. Anyway, you should be proud of this, and you DO deserve more reviews, and while I know you don't really sound like the person who cares about the number of reviews you get, as long as there ARE some worthy of note, it's still off puting for me that such a good story doesn't get it's just rewards in the way it should. Jsut saying, you write like a motherfucker talented sonovabitch, and you should be more recognized for it.

Good chapter, Scott sounds like he's in pain. Well, I'd wait until he gets to Grimmauld place... Harry and Hermione may not deck him immediately, but Ginny is obviously not above that. Neither is Ron, on that matter.
RedEuthyphro chapter 15 . 3/4/2014
Very riveting, well-paced chapter. I enjoyed this moment for Scott; it speaks to his character in a big way. Also a plus that the Death Eaters are improving their tactics in response to the threat Scott poses so that it doesn't get too easy for him.
265 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 .. Last Next »