Reviews for Mother's Day
EmpireX chapter 8 . 12/31/2017
Ugh! So many feelings. So much crying. That last chapter gutted me. That is exactly as the scene should have played out. My heart!
LedaSF chapter 4 . 3/4/2016
Frigga is such a good mother, and such a wise and clever woman to manage this household of four very strong and peculiar men.
LedaSF chapter 3 . 3/4/2016
Oh, poor little Thor! It's not always easy being the oldest. Loki is *his* brother. His.

I am really enjoying this. Thank you!
LedaSF chapter 2 . 3/4/2016
Dear, sweet, clever, precocious Loki!
LedaSF chapter 1 . 3/4/2016
Yay! Happy family feels!
LedaSF chapter 8 . 3/4/2016
I . . . I have no words. Just many, many tears.

And many thanks for this wonderful story.
LedaSF chapter 7 . 3/4/2016
Brb, I have to go sweep up the infinite tiny shards of what remains of my heart.

Oh, this is soooo well done!
LedaSF chapter 6 . 3/4/2016
Oh. I wasn't expecting this. Well done.

I have to go weep now.
LedaSF chapter 5 . 3/4/2016
This makes me so happy! I can see it so clearly.

Although now I'm worried about Balder. . . .

Thank you!
green-jedi chapter 8 . 4/3/2015
Oh my goodness! (*cries*) so beautiful! THANK you!
CourtneyRoss1916 chapter 8 . 10/5/2014
Alydia, I really owe you a BIG apology about what I wrote concerning "Frozen Heart" - that passage I wrote about your not considering Loki's sense of guilt at his harsh words to his mother - that last chapter expresses it all so poignnantly, showing Loki to be haunted by this last exchange with his mother, suggesting that perhaps he never meant that in the first place. And my breath almost caught for a moment when I read that this is to be continued in "Frozen Heart" - I hope you can find it in you to forgive me for my blunder.

That said, and having worked on mothers and motherhood as a literary theme for my PhD thesis many years ago, I love the way you depicted Frigga as a mother here, how unconditionally she loved both her sons and perhaps gave even more of that love to Loki because she felt he needed it the most. In a cut scene in "Thor the Dark World", she actually tells him that he's "always so perceptive about everyone but yourself", which suggests to me that she did understand HE DID NOT MEAN IT. He's perceptive of her not being his (birth) mother but is at this point acting against his actual feelings for her.

I think in a way his relationship with Jane as depicted by you is a logical continuation of Loki's relationship with Frigga - Jane loves him unconditionally, without passing judgment even though some of the things she hears appal her, and she goes even further than that by helping him to know himself, a lesson that he can ultimately NOT accept from his mother, because on one level, she will also always be complicit in the fundamental deceit of not having told him about his Frost Giant heritage. And with this final lesson coming from a human, I find your conclusion in "Frozen Heart" in a way more apt than that of the "Fallen Star" saga. (I will refrain from specifics so as not to spoil it for reviewers of this story who have not read "Frozen Heart" yet.)

Reading through your Lokane stories, I kept myself asking - though this is probably not a question I SHOULD ask myself - who stands to gain the most from this relationship (in terms of inner growth and in terms of what "really" matters) - Loki or Jane, and the background you gave Loki through the relationship with his mother made it all the clearer for me.

Anyway - keep up the excellent work - you never fail to excite the imagination and touch the heart!

Greetings,
Courtney
Hekka chapter 8 . 9/6/2014
But Loki's aesir appearance cannot be just spellcraft of Odin. Otherwise, why would he not have made Loki look more as his with Frigg son? Besides, during all these years the spell definitely was to fall into disrepair in moment of caster's weakness (regular periods of odinsleep). So it Loki's own innate abilities of shapeshifting. And most likely that Odin just provoked his very first shift. And then a new climate, a new location and ambience contributed of his unconscious maintaining a more suitable form (after all, it doesn't disguise spell, but a complete change of the body). Add subsequent Loki's fear frost giants and it becomes clear why his roots not given themself before fiasco with the coronation.
a fellow writer 515 chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
Beautiful. :)
Rehabilitated Sith chapter 8 . 2/26/2014
I wondered if in TDW some part of Loki snapped at the news and if he felt more hatred for himself than to Thor for his part in her death. sigh poor family of Asgard...

I would love a separate story with all the bauldr parts put together
Redmage2 chapter 5 . 2/25/2014
Oh, this is such a beautiful scene. I just really love it.