Reviews for Resilience
awkwardontarian chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
I don't remember who many times I had to stop reading because there were too many tears to be able to see properly. Sad, yet so beautiful! Glad they got a happy ending, after all they went through as all I've known never have.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
Loved it. Very good writing.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2014
Love this story.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Beautiful.
biellebrunner chapter 1 . 11/7/2013
I was holding my breath all the way through this story. I actually thought for a moment this'd be a death fic and almost quit reading, cause I really couldn't handle if that was the case. But then you gave me hope. And then pulled the rug from under me. And gave me hope again and I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop again. Ugh. This was beautiful. It's a really sensitive topic (for me, and many, many other people, I suppose), but you handled it well and wrote a beautiful piece. Cheers for that, and thank you!
Maxx6 chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
This was written really beautifully ...and masterfully and tastefully... Many ppl try to write "angst"with this kind of topic, but can not get it right. You obviously knew personally what you are writing about and for the first time I've felt like somebody did it justice. Thanks, it's a great story. Sad. But even more beautiful.
cecimartin chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
Wow! That was so beautiful! Glad I stumbled into it!
The-KLF chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Thank you for writing this beautiful story.
Lord of Kavaka chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
This was beautifully written.
Coolmon54 chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
I swear as soon as I saw leukemia, I was like aw hell. I "hate" fics with death especially with terminal diseases. By hate I mean that I hate for them to have to go through that but don't hate the story. This was quite a good story and I enjoyed it!
Dmarx chapter 1 . 1/16/2013
I somehow never stumbled upon this fic when it was published but someone mentioned your writing on Twitter today and I decided to check it out. And I'm so glad I did.

This is just...ugh, so beautiful. I was torn between wanting to grin at the gentle unfolding of their love and wanting to cry at Kate's journey and Castle's emotions. You captured all of it so eloquently and beautifully and to write something so honest and true takes a great deal of talent.

Thank you for not shying away from such a topic and for not being afraid to delve into the very depths of human love and pain and strength.

I notice you haven't written anything recently but I'll certainly be reading anything you might post in the future.

Diana
Ephemeral Lunatic chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I'm very late in seeing and finding this but it's a beautiful story. As someone who has also lost loved ones to cancer, I found this incredibly inspiring to read. Thanks for writing and sharing with us all.
Scriptor of Lacuna chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Very lovely and in intuitive psychological introspection into the characters. Well done.

Thank you for sharing your work, it was a pleasure to read.

Cheers,

Rini :D
sophiadelancy chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I can't remember when I last cried reading a text... I won't forget crying while reading your story. When Kate took Castle to field to have a look at the dying stars it was beautiful, romantic and so very very sad at the same time.

I'm glad the story ended the way it did but I'm aware of the fact that there will be a goodbye between the lovers somewhen in the future. At least they cherish the time they have and are united in this riddle called life together.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us!

And I don't know what you think about that: I really think your texts are fit for publication. Have you ever considered publishing your own book / short story collection? Your writing deserves a big readership, I think, because there is something in it that will move and teach people. The beauty, pain & wisdom of life - all its complexity.
kikki hope chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
It's a nice story, but really, should have a better rating or waning. You called it drama, it is angst! People need to know that!