Reviews for Brandywine
Baylor chapter 5 . 7/5/2004
I enjoyed the backstory of Merry and Frodo traipsing through the Four Farthings, exploring every path and field - I can just picture them! This is a painful place for me to leave off, with Frodo at the bottom of the ocean, but I'm out of time for the day. I'll pick back up tomorrow!
Baylor chapter 4 . 7/5/2004
Oh, Frodo! To save your friends only to plunge in yourself!
Baylor chapter 3 . 7/5/2004
It's too bad Bag End doesn't have a hose, because those lads could use one turned on them when they get back to Bag End! Think of the mess they're going to make!
Baylor chapter 2 . 7/5/2004
The drowning death of Frodo's parents is such an essential part of his character, and changed his person and his life so very deeply that it's no wonder fanfic writers want to explore it more thoroughly, since Professor Tolkien told us very little about the incident. I hope to read some more of your insights about it later in this story.
Baylor chapter 1 . 7/5/2004
This has been on my "to read" list for ages now, and I am finally getting to it! I realize I'm quite late with the reviews, but I hope you accept them anyway! I enjoyed the set-up: Bilbo and cooped-up, rambunctious young hobbits is always a promising thing!
EllaG chapter 17 . 5/28/2004
Lovely! I discovered this yesterday and was wondering how long I would have to wait to see how it ended, but lo and behold you finished it today!

A wonderful story, very multilayered and unique with lots of perspective.

Poor Frodo! I'm a sickly child myself who is also terribly shy. Though once I had fever and my mother managed to get me in a cool shower with out a fuss. :)
Redwood1 chapter 17 . 6/22/2003
A very clever story. I especially like the way you handled Frodo and Bilbo's relationship. I look forward to having the chance to read your story about Merry. Please keep up the good work! THANKS for the story!
hmsgirl chapter 17 . 4/14/2003
Wow. You almost had me crying several times. You write very well. I love pre-quest fics.

Thank you for your time to write all this, it was excellent
Henna Gamgee chapter 1 . 2/5/2003
Hi! I read this story ages ago, long before I registered on . So, now I'm registered, and I've started posting my own first LOTR story, which, like yours, involves young Frodo. Now that I'm no longer a lurker, I figure it's about time I reviewed this fic! It's a GREAT story, and I want you to know it's one of a couple of pre-LOTR fics that have inspired me to write my own.
Princess Tyler Briefs chapter 17 . 1/15/2003
I loved this story! Poor Frodo, missing his parents so! But what I'm really looking forward to is Silence! I love Merry stories, and I think you've got the same idea in you're head that I had last night. Please get that up SOON, or I shall pull my hair out, I think.
Natta chapter 1 . 1/15/2003
Please hurry writing the "silence" story, I'd really love to read it...oh mi god...I'm gonna be reading it from the beginning...that's good!
Hermione Eveningfall chapter 10 . 10/9/2002
awwww! this is so good! you've captured the hobbits' characterizations perfectly. i LOVE pre-LOTR tales and this is no exception. :) I'm going to continue onto the next chapter now. :)
Ginger Ninja chapter 17 . 9/17/2002
What a great fic! I really enjoyed it and you caught the various relationships and emotions wonderfully! ) *GN*
Seal chapter 17 . 9/10/2002
I was just poking around for something to read and found your lovely story...great job!
Amayllis Sweetwater chapter 17 . 9/2/2002
Nice wrap up! I thought at first it was going to be one of those, "oh I'm tired of this story, I'll just end it" but nooooo, you left us with a cliff hanger AND added some good mind-twists to boot!

I think you did a fab job developing the family characters for the Gamgees. I'd forgotten about poor May.

I'm off to start on Silence. Should be good. I into Merry fics *ohmy*