Reviews for Baby Johnny
Desss4ever chapter 1 . 2/21/2014
so cute:)
WhatchuKnowBoutMe chapter 1 . 9/8/2013
Is this gonna be continued? I hope so.
reviewer chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Great! You really got Minny's tone right.
billionsofblue chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Oh this was wonderful! I thought the story thoroughly captured the essence of both Celia and Minny. Thank you for writing this!
BG-13 chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
Wow...Loved it! Celia and Minny were my favorite character from both the book and the movie...Nobody else even came close!
Carolnuts chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
*-*

I wish something like this would have happened on the book! I loved it! minny's got some swag!
ZeDancingHobbit chapter 1 . 5/4/2012
How. Adorable. Is THAT?
edwardfiend chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Really enjoyed this. :) I just love Celia.
AngelBornOfHell chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
lol, this was great. really sounds like the way minny does in the book. although i thought celia would be a little less squeamish around diapers, seeing how in the movie she chops off a chicken's head and in the book she beats up a guy with a poker.
feibre chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
You mastered the mind that is Minny! Love! Favourited.
InuLoveKawaii13 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
This is really good.
Mary in the Stars chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I love this so darn much!

I've only ever seen the movie (but planning to read the book!) and I felt that more focus should have been put on Celia, at least in the advertising campaign, which barely acknowledges the character's existence. I like that you made the Marilyn Monroe connection with her hair, because that's all I could think during the movie - how Celia had this wonderful vulnerable quality that practically drew you to her, just like Marilyn Monroe. :)

You captured Minny so well here, her brashness and protectiveness and man, the dialect was spot-on. I love it!
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
wow! this was great! you got the accent right and everything
mindnumbling chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Hahahaha, Miss Celia is just the best part of this book! Nice, keep going I definitely want to read more !
Foxcat93 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
I never read this book or even heard of it, but your story is so good, that I don't need the reference of the book characters.

A sweet story of a white couple with a baby, the mother unsure of how to care for the baby at first and her reliance on the kindly black lady Minny who has had a lot of experience with babies and helps Celia learn how to take care of the baby.

Your dialect dialogue is great and you have successfully written the story from Minny's POV. This is so good, I don't know what to say!

The story of Celia, Johnny, Baby Johnny and Minny (is she the maid?) is just perfect...All the characters are described well and their dialogue and actions make sense.

Wonderful story...I love it!