Reviews for Different Ways of Doing Things
Atomdancerrr chapter 5 . 1/16/2012
:-)
Atomdancerrr chapter 4 . 1/16/2012
I love the way you hang a lantern on the non-reality of A TEAM Physics by referencing how it is a miracle the two got out of the car alive and then after they did for some strange reason the car exploded etc, (or however you worded that delightful little bit of business, winking to your audience! ;)

And here. Yup :) Real "fortuitous".: Isn't it just absolutely AMAZING how the A Team and McGuyver always got locked up in treasure troves? You'd think they'd get locked up in a broom closet once in a while & have nothing to fight with but mops and buckets! :0) But they ALWAYS hit the jackpot! :))

"He thought it most fortuitous that Anderson had locked them in this outbuilding with such a useful selection if items."

And Caine in Kung Fu had all that stuff in his pockets! He pulled out new thing he was carrying around on his skinny little person (except where?)almost every week! Pockets bigger on the inside than the outside like the TARDIS or was a wagon heaped full of stuff following him everywhere on his journey, just out of camera range in the intro? :0)
Atomdancerrr chapter 3 . 1/16/2012
I love it! Just one thing. (Almost borrowing Mr. Colombo's line.) How come Frasier didn't notice all those weapons in the back of BA's van earlier? Where were they? All he noticed was lubricant and he correctly deduced its use. Which would be amazing except it was this misplaced Vulcan or reincarnation of Sherlock Holmes who did it making it less amazing. I expect that sort of thing out of HIM. If I constructed a table that had all its legs even, that would be a miracle! If highly trained Carpenter, Jesus Christ does it, there is nothing miraculous about it. It's just another ordinary act of God :)
tortiecat chapter 5 . 1/10/2012
Tiff - I enjoyed this story from beginning to end, and I think you got the right voices and mannerisms for everyone (although it has been more than a year since I've seen an A-Team episode).

I really enjoyed Fraser humoring Murdock and his sock mountie, Face and Ray kind of bonding over clothing and Ray being nervous around B.A. at first - as many people would be. It's also interesting to me that it's Fraser, not Ray, who is one who doesn't want to turn in the A Team, believing that they are good men despite being fugitives. And that it's Ray, not Fraser, who wants to contact Decker initially. I expected go-by-the-book Fraser to immediately want to contact Decker, but he's probably learned enough from Ray by now that he no longer automatically follows the rules. And I really liked Ray lying to Decker to protect the A-Team, and Fraser going along in his own way.

The two women in the story were great, too. I hope you do more dS/A-Team crossovers!
Ride-Forever chapter 5 . 9/11/2011
Good concluding chapter, where you keep up the pacing without forcing it. Nice "Diefenbaker touches" making for a well-rounded conclusion.

I deem your first foray into crossover a complete success.
Ride-Forever chapter 4 . 9/10/2011
Good job on voicing Ray (I know that in the past voicing RayK has been more in your comfort zone than voicing RayV, so I want to be sure you know "good job here")...the humor, the slight sarcasms, the initial reluctances to go along with some of the "Mountie Stuff" but then seeing it's a "good cop" thing to do and doing it, the apologetic tone about "misses" (as in "missed that it was a trap"), and the canonical all-purpose explanation "He's Canadian".

"A Team" methodology and voicing is consistent and in-character.
Ride-Forever chapter 3 . 9/10/2011
So clever and funny about ALFIE Anderson and ANGRY Anderson, and so Fraser that he would know Angry Anderson is an Australian recording artist.

Good job on inserting some "A Team" backstory here, for the benefit of readers who might not be familiar with the "A Team".

The bit with Fraser admonishing the two handcuffed bad guys about "teamwork and cooperation" was spot-on for the TONE of canon; I could absolutely see this being in one of the scripted episodes.
Ride-Forever chapter 2 . 9/10/2011
Seemingly "small" details can make the story BIG, and you are so good at that. An example is when you describe the warehouse as having "roller shutter doors" rather than saying just "doors"; if it were just doors it could be anywhere, but roller shutter doors says THIS warehouse, THIS place that EXISTS. Another example is that sometimes you are describing Fraser as simply Ray's friend, but occasionally you add the word "new," and that's really good because "NEW friend" helps to clarify the time frame.

Murdock's Constable Handy Left is a distinctive feature(that tiny cardboard Mountie hat! that calling out of "Maintain the Right!) and Fraser conversing with the hand is charming.
Ride-Forever chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Yes, Tiff, yes! This is YOU...pure Tiff...completely from your own thoughts and voices! First off, I'm thinking it's delightfully original that you came up with crossing DS with "The A Team". Really FRESH, really FUN!

The opening sentences really grabbed me, because, of course, the READER knows it's not true that "there ain't no Mounties in Chicago" and just has to chortle at BA's "you crazy fool" when the READER knows better. I also liked the in media res aspect of how you went right into the bit about JHS and removing the fake moustache. I also love how you have the Musical Ride coming up for discussion with the A Team guys (and do I hear an echo here of how Welsh described the Musical Ride : "...perfect harmony between man and beast...synchronous movement").

You have the Fraser and RayV dialogue spot-on! Fraser and the traffic violation, and starting to quote the Illinois Criminal Code! Ray scolding him! Fraser reciting the number of highway deaths and injuries! Ray's sarcasm with the reiterations of "don't tell me that's against the law in Canada" and Fraser's canonical "that's just silly, Ray"!

I also loved the "Armani interchange" between Face and Ray. Both guys so in-character!
vic32 chapter 5 . 9/6/2011
Poor Ray i really feel for him in that craziness
vic32 chapter 4 . 9/6/2011
Who knew they work like that together huh lol great job
vic32 chapter 3 . 9/6/2011
oooh that Anderson is a bad one huh
vic32 chapter 2 . 9/6/2011
Very good poor Ray he must feel like he is in the twilight zone working with Fraser and now the A-Team lol
vic32 chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
yeah an A-Team crossover loved that show and you did a wonderful job on this chapter
Rubberducky100 chapter 5 . 9/5/2011
YES! This was great Tiff! You got the 'voices' right and the plot as well! I knew you would write this crossover perfectly! Well worth the wait! TYK!