Reviews for Truth and Understanding
dorisbay chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I can't believe I had never read this wonderful story.. so calm and intese, so emotionally strong, perfect. I loved every single word. Thank you very much fot it.
ShaniJP chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
This was great - had kind of a dreamy quality to it that made it a pleasure to read - nice job!
thorteso chapter 1 . 9/14/2011
Adorable! I loved the idea of the shared memory in this story.
daisy07 chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
A beautifully written story, not one wasted word and with a lovely lyrical flow. Loved the way they compared their photos and their childhood experiences. Loved all of it, actually.
wicherwill chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Like a lovely three chapter story in a one shot form :) this was great.
luv0817 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Tears & smiles! LOVED IT!
penandra chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
What an absolutely amazing story. Thank you so much. If I tried to quote my favorite lines I would have to include almost everything that you uploaded! There is just so much here, you have such a great way with words, with the turn of a phrase, the imagery of your words is moving.

Thank you so much for sharing. The way that you take us from the beginning with Max, Ruth, and Russ. Then the pain of the foster home to Gordon Gordon and memories of Stires to Vincent and finally their children (gee, did I notice that a certain blonde was not included? ;-)

Your words are wonderful and I'm so grateful that you chose to share this with us. Beautiful. Just beautiful. I believe that I may have mentioned in a review for another one of your stories that I really think FF needs to add a "hankie alert" to their categories (glad I had one handy). Thank you.
eitoph chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Oh Em, this is just stunning. The parallels between Booth & Brennan painting, and then again with their kids kicks me in the gut every time in the BEST way.

The way they come together here is just lovely. Intimate, calm and just the way I know it happened in those moments we didn't see. This really does show their development in a way that feels natural and captures all of what makes them them.

I know I pointed out so many bits that I loved the first time I read this, but again, I thought this was so so good and I loved every minute.

Nice work!
nopenname66 chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I am sitting hear with tears in my eyes. You've done it again.

Tell me you are majoring in writing, Em, because you have a gift that should be shared with a larger audience than Bones fans who read fanfiction. You tell the story with poignancy and power, knowing when to luxuriate in one moment, and when to move along to the next.

As always, I loved it.

Peace -

Sue
Some1tookmyname chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Oh my...this was lovely.

My heart hurts for Brennan. The notion that she was the trigger for this foster parent's anger, that she was responsible for unleashing something from within is just so sad. It kills me.

And Gordon Gordon, so wise, pointing out Booth and his ridiculous extremes. I am afraid to write GG, can't get him right, but you did and it's awesome.

Piaget! Ha! It's been a LONG time since I thought about him and his child development theories. Nice. And that Booth gets it, why she she has to wash the dishes is so true. That she finds, in that moment, the instant in which to share that happy memory from her childhood is sweet, as is Booth's reaction, revealing a piece from his own past so similar to hers. Happy moments in unhappy pasts. That is opens up to more sharing is lovely, but Sweets sneaking out to add to his book makes me want to punch him. And I LIKE Sweets, but it's one of those moments when I want him to get lost.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts.

Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

The Sunscreen song, yes? That's where I know it from and it's so, so true! Love it! And I HATE Stires. Really. Just ick.

This was my favorite though: *It was fate that brought them together. And as much as she couldn't see it, he could.*

Yes! Perfect! And their night together, this loss of Vincent and Booth can see past it all into more. He CAN see who she really is and he wants her to know that he knows. And they both let go and finally allow themselves the honesty that's been there underneath for so long.

And of course, the ending, which is light and sweet and I can SEE the picture and the look being exchanged between our dynamic duo and it's excellently drawn with your words.

Well done. I loved it all.
Aching Bones chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Hi there,

Loved this...Loved the idea that both Booth and Bones had happy memories and photos of painting when they were young. Good memories to wipe out the bad ones...and that Parker and Charlotte would have their good memories too...

Ger
Hikari Zero chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
LOVE, this story. The end reminds me of a picture David B posted on his Twitter a few weeks ago, he was as covered with paint too 'cause of his little girl:)
harper83 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
So great!
sunsetdreamer chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
This was beautiful. There's rhythm to your phrasings and it makes me warm and happy. There were about a million things I adored about the opening scene (seriously, I went back to reread it before moving on and reading the fic in its entirety), but since you don't really need a play by play on something you wrote, I'll just draw attention to this;

She wondered if maybe they were never like this before her, maybe she was the trigger for their anger. She made silent promise after silent promise that if she made it out of the car trunk alive she would be better. She would never break another dish as long as she lived.

Just, wow. I loved this bit. It made my stomach tense up a little and it was absolutely perfect. I was also a big fan of the way you strung together the bitter moments with the not so bitter ones, and a common childhood memory between Booth and Brennan is a very cute thing to think about. I liked thinking about B&B as parents long before the show decided to give that to us, so the final image of Booth, Brennan and kids covered in paint and happy made me get a little fangirly. Nice work!
etakkate chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
so perfect! i love love love!