Reviews for Genius: The Next Generation
Dark knight chapter 9 . 5/8
Please update it is a very good story
Sapphire123456 chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
omg it was totally awesomeXD i loved it and cliff hanger! so cooooool my fav story so far out of hmmm everything!
Jack Coffison chapter 9 . 1/8/2014
By far- the most interesting thing in this chapter is what happened in the beginning. A mysterious human, apparently a traitor- has captured Miss Betty Quinlin. I'm already making thinking about who that human might be- and I've got a theory. But, I'll save that for some other time.
I was going to act before, actually- what are the League of Villains going to do about this alien menace? I'm sure they are just as much a threat to the Yolkians as they are to Earth. Also- There's Professor Calamitous, Beautiful Gorgeous, Eustace and Baby Eddie, all of whom are fellow humans supposedly still on Earth. Well, we shall see I suppose.
Until next time!
Jack Coffison chapter 8 . 1/8/2014
I really liked Cindy butting in with her critique on Jimmys name for the alien planet, and her subsequent reaction to Jimmys less than impressed face. That felt like something that belongs in the TV show- which is high praise!
Seeing more of the JN gang was very welcome. I love those guys, and the chemisty they share. I can't wait to see even more!
The aliens *addiction* to power is a very intriguing idea. I really like it, too. However, I do think that they seem to be a little... I dunno- is 'overpowered' the right word? No... Just, the idea that they are supposed to be better than the human race in every conceivable way is a threatening one- but it'll seem a little weird if they don't have any weaknesses at all.
Seeing the OC's parents was also good- but they all seemed fairly similar. I'll be curious to see more of them a little later.
Lucy's admission that she is not, in fact, a genius- did indeed seem a little out of character for her. I get that she is insecure- but it strikes me as odd that she would let it show so easily. Does she know Watts very well? Is that why she, perhaps- is a little quick to let her guard down a bit?
By the way, I'm starting to enjoy the chemistry between Lucy and Watts. I hope they'll continue to work together for a while, because it makes Lucy more likable to me.
The chunk of dialogue about the Estevez families collective use of ADHD drugs seemed a little odd- and I still want to see more of Sheen being loud, because I like him to be as crazy as possible.
Carl, I thought- was near perfectly written here. I say *near* because he wasn't very involved- but what little dialogue he had fit his character perfectly.
Alright! On to the next!
Jack Coffison chapter 7 . 1/8/2014
Oh, boy! It's Nick!
I'm glad that he's involved. Although he's not one of my favourite characters- I still find him entertaining every now and again. I hope we get to see him being comically vain and eating lollipops- rather than just watching him be grim the entire time. Seeing Sarah with her step-father was *really* interesting. She's like a different person- and I find that to be a very interesting character trait for her. I'll be glad to see more from her in the future.
Other than that- I don't really have much else to say. I'm still having trouble truly despising the alien menace- because they don't seem quite evil. They just seem robotic. But- of course, there is more to go. So I shall continue.
Ah- almost forgot. I found the stuff between Watts and lil' Rachael to be sweet and sad. To be honest- and this is pretty grim- lil' Rachael might need to die in order to make the aliens seem a little more irredeemable. Because right now- they're just destroying people whose faces we can not see. But if they end a life in front of our (the readers) faces, it'll definitely crank up the severity of their situation.
Lucy seems to be enjoying herself while she kills the aliens... It seems like she is revelling in her own revenge fantasies rather than actually trying to survive... Well- we'll see.
Onward!
Jack Coffison chapter 6 . 1/8/2014
I really enjoyed the action here, and the suspense was more than plentiful. Naturally, I thoroughly enjoyed Sean's small piece of dialogue as well. I already want to see more of Lil' Rachael, and naturally- I want to see more of Watts and her. Lucy, I found a little better in this- and I'll be curious to see what happens further on.
However- I can't say I really think much of anything about the aliens. So far- they just seem soulless. Like more destructive versions of Zombies. And I find it hard to hate a creature that doesn't have any kind of feelings like that- because it doesn't make them inherently bad. Just apathetic. So, I hope to see a more personal side to them. It also made me a little uncomfortable just how easy Watts and Lucy seem to find it to just murder these creatures. I can see that these creatures are likely responsible for interplanetary destruction on a wide scale- but they are still living creatures. Watts and Lucy aren't *soldiers* from what I've seen... So it seems odd that they are able to kill them without so much as a second thought. Sure- they're angry. But killing things like that... can turn you into a monster. No matter how justified it's supposed to be.
I'm not saying they *shouldn't* kill them, by the way- I just hope that they feel something for the soldiers they've just killed. For all they know- they have families too. Their lives may very well be mourned as much as the lives that they have ended.
I kind of liked Jimmys interaction with his kids- and I really liked the security systems that Jimmy seems to have installed- out of curiosity, does Jimmys security measures affect the entire world? Has he installed them globally- or just in America, his own country...
Also- I just remembered that Brobot is currently living on the moon, and could very well be watching the entire alien invasion from a quiet little moon rock... Hmm... Will he make an appearance?
By the way, if you could also write in a reason that Jimmy and the group might be unable to simply travel back in time to stop the invasion- I would appreciate it. Because if they never mention the fact that Jimmy is well versed in the art of time travel- it'll annoy me a little.
Okay, I'm going on to the next chapter. Hoo-rah!
Jack Coffison chapter 5 . 1/8/2014
Boy... Lucy was really.. *unpleasant*. Now, look- I know that her world is being invaded by aliens, and she's watching life as she knows it crumble all around her- But... well... You don't have to be a jerk about it. Seriously. Yelling at Libby like that... grr... Her attitude towards Sam also struck me as cold and... jerky. Come on! You don't get scared!? Oh, what- she hurt your ego? I'm sorry- I forgot that your ego is the *most important thing right now*...
I liked Sheen, and I liked Libby. Of course, I liked Watts, and Sean's reaction to the aliens was *kinda* funny, but more of a jerk move on his part. I was kinda hoping he was just distracting them to protect her but... nope. Oh, well.
I really loved seeing Carl. His wife and kids were fine- but they're still strangers to me. Carl on the other hand, is a guy I know and love.
I tend to hold a grudge against fictional characters, and it'll take a lot for Lucy to look better in my eyes. But as far as I can see- she was just an angry little jerk.
Hmph.
Okay- I gotta stop with that. Anyway- I hope to see more about the aliens in the future, and I'm looking forward to the big reunion. Onward!
Jack Coffison chapter 4 . 1/8/2014
'Super Six' is indeed intriguing... Hmm... I can't help but wonder if the 'N Men' packets still exist as well...
I do appreciate the history that has been built into these characters- but I can't help but feel like the story would progress a little smoother if there was a little less explanation... Or, I might've been better if the story started with Jimmy calling his friends together for the emergency- and the kids meeting each other for the first time due to that.
Anyway- I'll be looking forward to seeing more of Watts and Sean in the upcoming chapters...
Jack Coffison chapter 3 . 1/8/2014
Ah! Look! It's Jimmy! Hey, Jimmy!
I really liked seeing Jimmy and Cindy, and in particular- seeing Cindy the Mom was very cool. I'll be interested to see more of her. And, you know... Jimmy.
ARIA is a very cool little invention, and I also really like seeing Goddard. I love that little guy...
The suspense around 'Protocol: Danger Close' is very affective and interesting, as was every detail that was seen about Jimmy and Cindys different methods of transportation. I'm looking forward to seeing the old gang together, although with the sheer amount of characters that'll be under the same roof... things might get a little out of hand. Well, we'll see.
I know this is a short review- not all of 'em are gunna be tremendously long, and sorry about the ones that *were*. I just figured you might be interested in seeing how I perceive the OC's, rather that me just saying whether or not I liked 'em. Alrighty then- moving on.
Jack Coffison chapter 2 . 1/8/2014
Uh... Dude... There are *so* many names I have to remember. (sigh) Alright, alright. Let me see... I have to say that I found Jake's cockiness here very amusing. However, I have to say that despite being a sucker for the romantic... Well, I didn't really like the Jake/Lucy stuff. I can't help but feel like that whole scene of them becoming a couple would have been better further on in the story, when we've spent more time with them separately.
Now, Watts (that's what I will be calling Ryan from now on. It's your own fault for giving him a last name that I enjoy for some unexplainable reason.) Watts I found very enjoyable here. He's got a lot of the Jimmy attitude in him- and since Jimmy is my favourite character, naturally I enjoy anybody whose personality resembles his.
His discussion with Jenny about her last name was very enjoyable- and I liked the way he buttered her up with compliments the way he did. Also the line; "It is one of the reasons I don't look away when I see Satan in your eyes." is straight up on of my favourite lines ever. Seriously.
Sean's little interaction here with Collin was enjoyable- although I'm still finding Collin a little hard to identify with. Although I have always had a lot of trouble liking people with that kind of self confidence and quote unquote 'coolness' but I digress.
Sean is still really enjoyable here, and his interaction with Lacey made me enjoy their relationship dynamic a while lot more. I definitely wanna see more of Sean doing something or saying something stupid, and then Lacey groaning or hitting him. I like that.
The Jake/Lucy stuff with them flirting and Collin egging them on... Well... I would have liked it better if you had Sean gagging violently in the background- because I can relate. Sorry.
Also- Eric Estavez... Well, I found it interesting that he is basically the opposite of Sheen, but the opposite of Sheen is just a normal well adjusted individual. Which, you know... Isn't all that funny.
Oh- and there was another character who came to tell Eric about the fight. Neil was his name. I can't help but feel like a lot of these characters have been described as pretty, handsome, athletic and intelligent. (Except for Barbera, but I'll get to her in a moment.)
I really hope to see characters that are... I dunno- a little more human sounding. Less perfect. I love Sean because he seems happily flawed. And I hope to see a little more about Watts because, as I've established- I like that kid.
Samantha seems like an interesting character- and the idea of a *female* version of Sheen makes me smile. I'll be curious to see whether or not she is also just a little bit crazy.
Cindy's appearance was good- and, of course, worrying given the circumstances. I liked that Jenny seemed to be able to pick up straight away that something was wrong. I'll go onto the next chapter soon- and hopefully find out *what*.
Final note. Yes. I wanna see Carl. Or a mini-Carl. I enjoy Carl. And- I really wanna see Grandpa Hugh and Grandma Judy. Welp- I'll just have to go on and see.
Jack Coffison chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
Hmm... I'm really terrible with character names- but let me see now. We have Ryan Watts, and Jenny and Jake Neutron-Vortex to start with. Let me just say that I love the name 'Watts' and I hope to see him referred to as that more often than 'Ryan' because its a much easier name to remember- and its unique. I really do like it.
I also enjoyed the conversations between Watts and Jenny. The fact that Jenny's parents ended up having to slap both of their last names on her makes perfect sense (If her parents *are* in fact Jimmy and Cindy, as I have guessed). I've actually always worked under the theory that Cindy's mom, Mrs Sasha Vortex kept her last name- 'cuz it seems like something she would do. And that she forced Cindy's father (the guy who never seems to speak and is always sitting with Mrs Vortex) to take the Vortex name as his new surname. He really seems like the put-upon husband...
Anyway- it was also interesting to have Jenny have a little brother. Most of the JN crew are only childs (with the exception of Libby), and for some reason- I was kind of expecting the same for their children. The fact that Jenny has a sibling really drastically changes the way her character could grow- and I really like it.
I kind of like Jake, too- but I haven't really seen enough of him to make a judgement. I will say that I am *way* on board with Watts, (cuz I love his last name) and I really enjoy how Cindy-like little Jenny is.
Alright- now on to the other characters. (Quick note- 'Neutrex' sounds like a new pill that you take to increase your intelligence or glow in the dark. Just sayin'...)
I thought that Sarah seemed like kind of a jerk- actually, she reminded me a lot of Eustace Strych. If she can pull of a more 'comical villain' type role- she might seem a little more interesting. But for now, she just seems a little one-note.
Lucy seemed very much like Betty Quinlin, and although I like Betty- I also felt like Lucy wasn't very entertaining. It was like she was just there to show Jakes true colors, and then- she could disappear and it wouldn't even matter. Granted, that's kind of a silly thing to say considering this is her *introduction*. Anyway- I hope she comes back to play a bigger role a little later.
As soon as Sean walked up- I couldn't help but smile. He is very Sheen-esque, but I can't help but feel that he has a little but of individuality in him that I find very appealing. And all of Seans dialogue was really *awe*some. His dialogue with Watts specifically.
For some reason, Collin kind of reminds me of both Nick, and Sean Connery. And I'll be interested to see what he has to do with the story, later. I really want to see him go into a comedy routine with Sean and Watts. That'll be fun.
And finally- We have Lacey. I liked her well enough, although I can't help but think it'll be a little funnier to see her be more exasperated with Seans antics rather than being as accepting of them as she seems to be.
Alright, then. With that review down- I shall move on to the other chapters. Fare well!
xXWiseGirlIamnotXx chapter 9 . 12/7/2013
Heh, I got your message, and I'm happy to review!

I really like the story so far. I've seen almost no grammar mistakes-though there are a couple of oddly placed commas here and there. But other than that, I've seen nothing out of place! I don't find that enough on this website!

The kids are an awesome second gen. Bit overpowered, but still awesome! I loved 'seeing' the first gen as adults, they were completely badass as well.

It's great that the end of each chapter leaves you wanting more! I can't wait to see where you're going with this story! I'm looking forward to the next update!

(Sorry, this probably isn't as detailed as you would've liked. As I said in my message, I'm really bad at giving feedback)

Wisegirl
Guest chapter 9 . 9/4/2013
Update update update I'm begging you
Digidestined of Trust chapter 9 . 8/11/2013
Do continue this soon! Your detailed elements in your stories are sure to help me with my own fanfic writing. I can't wait to see what's next!
partygirl204023 chapter 3 . 7/20/2013