Reviews for The Incandescence in the Reflection
asc12 chapter 3 . 3/21/2014
Very well played story, enjoyable. Seems like Sweets gets around oddly wel with this semi-cast on an arm he uses with ease quite frequently that I almost had a hard time imgaining it was still there. Good build of momentum and suspense.
Allie Danger chapter 18 . 7/12/2013
Im in love with you
What a wonderful story
I loved it
casket4mytears chapter 18 . 6/29/2012
What a wonderful story! A great case, solid characterizations (especially Sweets and Brennan, whose voice is difficult to balance - some write her too scientific and stilted, some too mushy/almost Angela-ish) and great writing.
Seletua chapter 18 . 6/8/2012
I really enjoyed this fanfiction piece of yours as well. Somehow, even with the number of sweets stories you have written, you still manage to have all the stories be unique and have a different, I don't know, "feel" to them in such a way that it never gets less exciting to read any new ones you post. I just love all the different angles, tones, moods, etc of diverse situations that you create. I did wonder if the incident Sweets endured as a child, right before Jenkins came home and attempted to whip him to death, would come up or not. Maybe it will in one of the other fics at some point, who knows? well, I guess YOU would know technically...ANYWAY, awesome fic! .
00000909000000 chapter 18 . 6/3/2012
This was a great story and very well done.

I am loving the family that they have all constructed together. I am glad Sweets has them to lean on.

Thank you so much for sharing with us! :)
lives in the now chapter 18 . 6/1/2012
This was an enjoyable, sweet ending to a powerful story. Booth's introspection was especially meaningful. Nice job :)
Whirlwind421 chapter 18 . 5/31/2012
:D Aww...that ending was really awesome! I really enjoyed it. See the big smile on my face! :D
Whirlwind421 chapter 17 . 4/30/2012
Great story! Despite not being completely done. It feels concluded enough that I am happy. Though, if that last chaper were to show up...I would be even happier. :D I really like how through all of your stories that all of your characters are so incharacter! I don't know how you do it. Especially with Bones, I imagine she must be hard to write for. You even write all the interns well. I like how you rotate them through your stories like the show does. And I have to say I really like the crime story of this story too. Usually, I like the more personal aspects of the story.
lives in the now chapter 17 . 3/22/2012
Whoa...VERY powerful chapter. Sweets' recollections were realistic and frightening. I loved that Booth praised Lance for wanting to fight his own battles and justified his instincts and desire to survive. It's always good to see them move on, to get back to what makes them happy. :)
mendenbar chapter 17 . 3/21/2012
Larsen should, at the very least, get fired over this. It is abuse pure and simple and as an officer of the law, Booth is required to report it. Whether he does or not, or simply handles it himself is another question. This is the connection Booth and Sweets really need. They are both victims of abuse and survived. Booth is a smart cookie and I know the Squints would help him hide the body or other evidence if needed to get rid of Larsen. I am amazed at the strength Sweets showed while with Algente. And even if he were shot, Booth would never have left Sweets alone with him, he would have called it in and then gone back for Sweets. Is it okay if I hate Larsen?
00000909000000 chapter 17 . 3/20/2012
Do you know much I love it when they just sit and talk like this? I love it soooooo much. I am really glad Sweets told Booth what happened, it was all very in character, and yet still so sweet. Booth did the correct thing in taking Sweets home with him. Great chapter.

Thanks so much for sharing! :)
peanutmeg chapter 17 . 3/20/2012
Thanks for the update! I love how Booth showed up at the diner (and having him pay for Sweets' meal was cute). Sweets' retelling of the case was horrifying, but I'm glad Booth was there for him. Booth's hand on his arm and insight into what happened with Lessinger said so much about his caring, too. Sweets' recollection of what happened while he was held hostage was heartbreaking, but I love that Booth isn't letting him stay alone. I look forward the next chapter!
1917farmgirl chapter 17 . 3/19/2012
Booth - there is nothing wrong with a good sci-fi movie. Just so you know.

Aw, I really liked this chapter. It was super angsty and kind of hard to get through emotionally, but it was oh so nice to get everything out in the open between these two! I love the big brother-little brother relationship Booth and Sweets share in your fics. And I love it when Booth gets protective of Sweets.

I agree that it's good Booth refrained from going any farther with Larson, but I figured he had to be trying really hard. Guess I was right.

I'm not sure where I stand on Daisy. At first, annoying as she was, I kinda liked her. Then I really, really didn't. And now I'm not so sure. I think I like Sweets a lot FOR liking her, if that makes any sense. It says a lot about his character that he can look through her flaws and still love her for who she is. But at the same time, if I would have been in charge of this decision, Daisy is very much not the type of person I would have put him with. But then again, neither is April. Maybe I'm just confused. LOL

Great chapter. Can't wait for the last one!
mendenbar chapter 16 . 3/15/2012
Sigh. Way behind again. RL is a bitch. That said, the last couple of chapters have been wonderful. And now that Booth and Brennan have decided Sweets has had enough "space" I am expecting to see an improvement there as well. I hate to say it, but Daisy, as you write her, is good for Sweets.
1917farmgirl chapter 16 . 3/15/2012
Yeah! A new chapter! You are a very fast updater! (Is updater a word, because it seems really wrong when typing it...)

Very glad to see Booth finally confront Larson, although does it make me a bad person to be thinking the creep got off easy? I know, I know, we don't want Booth to go around punching people, but still... Anyway...

And I have to tell you, it makes me seeth to think of the jerk reading Sweets' file. Can't you at least get Hodgin's to sneak into his house and take remote control of the water temperature of his shower or something?

Now, I have to confess, you have me really worried here. All this talk of "evil taking root" and such. Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think you're planning on turning Sweets into an ax murderer or anything, but just the thought of it is scary. In almost every show/movie/book/etc I've ever watched or read, you do NOT want to give the ultra-good genius that chance to turn evil. It's bad for humanity.

Sorry, rambling here. Been putting grades in all night and my brain is turned to mush. What I'm saying is this - I hope Brennan and Booth and everyone else get it together soon and go find the kid and make sure he darn well knows that they are his family and that family sticks together always. And some hugs probably wouldn't be amiss either.

Hope you don't mind my rather insane reviews. :) Wonderful update! Can't wait for more! Thanks again!

- Farmgirl