Reviews for Veritas
LaraWinner chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
After reading this heartbreaking piece and it's uplifting companion I must admit that while I like to think along the lines that you do and argue that Kaou was being purposely hurtful, the truth I hate to say is that more than likely it is just as Takahashi alludes and Inu will always love Kikyou that little bit more and Kag will always be a close second. I hate to think that but it is what the manga portrays. And if Kikyou were still alive at the end there is no doubt Inuyasha would leave Kagome behind with a lame apology and a wave. I really hate that she gets Kikyou's sloppy seconds because I love Kagome's character and she deserved more than just a hint of the devotion Inu blindly showed Kikyou. Thankfully I have fics like this to make me feel better.
Sesshomaru's Filly chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
i agree completely about your point c: great job
Desenchanter chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
This was very lovely. Kagome is always so strong in your fanfics. I love angst, so this was a great little one-shot.
kirr1001 chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
the very thought of Inuyasha loving Kikyou the most is so depressing that I can't deal with it ; _ ; I have to believe that he loves Kagome as much as he did Kikyou...I have to, I have to...

Angsty but I love angst :)
xXthenextbookwormXx chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
My God, your output lately has been bananas! I've just gone back to school, so I come check my inbox after a couple of days, and it's exploded... Boom! This is kinda sad, but it's a unique idea, and I like it. I love how you come up with so much clever stuff that is all your own. It's excellent!
KagomesDarkHeart chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
God i love this story it's so much fun to read. I can't wait tell your next chapter and hope you update soon.
Inume-blue chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I love it. so sad but true.
poems2songs chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
nice but sad... liked it though... good job... great work!
yasurei chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Thats what Im talking about, it has to hurt like hell though I cant imagine her staying with him and waiting to die, that just doesnt sound like her. Even if the die-hard Inu/Kag fans still insist that he loved her more there really was no evidence. Kaou did not lie, he couldnt care less about the love triangle between them. He knew that Kagomes soul was even more broken than his, he had no reason to lie.

I dont buy the "I was born for her and she for me", that was said after Kikyou was gone finally and there should be a big BUT like would he have said it if Kikyou was still around because I really doubt it. Its not that I doubt that he loves Kagome too but he never made a secret of his love to Kikyou and how he idolized her. When she was around he always forgot about Kagome and I hated how he always got starry-eyed and tongue-tied as if nothing else existed. As much as I like Inuyasha sometimes I really hated him, too. Let him be happy with his perfect Kikyou though I think he wont be happy with her if she were to be alive and they married. He put her on a pedestral that even she herself cant reach and I think he would be bored with her. He is wild and she is totally restrained, I cant see them as a normal happy couple.
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
one wonders if she would have ever thought that it was an enemy who stated that, that inuyasha had no need to confirm or deny what was said because it was pure 'bull$#!' from an enemy who wanted to cause the most amount of pain in her so he could suck her dry. also, he loved them both and it is possible for someone to love more than one person, although he only spent most of his time with the person he wanted to spend the most time with - he probably never had time or the inclination during their travels to deeply consider either emotional attachment as he had one focus and everything and every concern wasn't given a thought until naraku was eliminated - not until inside the jewel he only came to the realization that kagome was the ONLY one for him, that she was born for him and he was born for her. i think that her epiphany came when she had been tested retrieving her bow on mt. azusa that he loved her equally if not more than his feelings for kikyou.

the following was written before the manga was completed but it brings a whole lot of interesting detail about their relationship (much better than i could articulate) and how i believe that she knew inuyasha and she had more than a 'friends' relationship and i believe that although she was jealous and hurt, she was also fearful for inuyasha's safety. please remove spaces:

ship-manifesto. livejournal.
RubyJeweler chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Yes, it pains my heart to see that Kagome has endured a lot just to be with Inuyasha. Like someone once said, "You love who doesn't love you, and you neglect/ignore who loves you." Sad.
Esha Napoleon chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Beautiful 3
Blackdiamonds-16 chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
That Would suck so much! O my gosh! Thank you for posting this!
ananova chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Very well written, as always. I think Kagome is wrong about Inuyasha's feelings but this makes a good angst piece. You do a good job of showing that it isn't always happy ever after (even if we wish it was). Great job.
TheGreatANGSTHATER chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Question. Why doesn't she just leave him? He's really not all that you know. Any way this presents an ending I hope Kag NEVER HAS TO FACE. She was born for herself not as a consolation prize for selfish dog-boy. Even if things do sour at the end of the manga I do hope she abandons him since she has much more to resent him for now. There is no family and world to run off when things get messy...