Reviews for The Spaces Between My Fingers
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 2 . 2/14/2014
i like the sense of hope at the end, despite the absolutely heart-rending sunject matter. glad arnold's got people watching otu for him. :)
Juliet h chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
aww this was adorable!
Evatarida chapter 2 . 10/12/2012
well.. it'd be very awesome if you can just CONTINUE this storryyyyyy.. come oooonn! :D :D
TheWonderfulShoe chapter 2 . 10/3/2012
Aww. :) I liked the balance of Helga's personality.
Zyah chapter 2 . 9/1/2012
Wow, this was a really beautiful story.
It was so intense, I loved reading it.
too many stars to count chapter 2 . 12/1/2011
I really loved both chapters. I can never bring myself to do more then put his grandparents in the hospital temporarily but I loooove fic that deals with stuff like this.

You managed to capture Arnold's grief perfectly and all of the character, especially Helga, felt really well written.

Great job :)
RoseofFlame chapter 2 . 11/21/2011
D: saddest thing ever! GRANDPA NOO!

but also a very touching story
popdiva24 chapter 2 . 11/14/2011
I love it! Please continue... :D
FreaKyJealousoveralLyCalm4 chapter 2 . 11/4/2011
I'm a sap and I'm tired, and when you put those things together you get a sob fest. But my mom told me that when people cry for your writing that means it's really good. And if you didn't guess: I cried reading this. You're a good writer, kid. Keep it up! :)
Silver and Blue chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
I think you should get on with it and write more.

Because you know.

Been a while.

It's wonderful though. So sad. Poor Grandpa. 3
GhibliGirl91 chapter 2 . 9/22/2011
It's really sweet. I do hope you carry on because there need to be more written like this. I subscribe in hope.
LexiPlexi chapter 2 . 9/16/2011
Please do continue. I'm really intrigued, and I wanna read more!
J'aime ma vie chapter 2 . 9/10/2011
I was surprised to see that this was the last chapter.

It was sad but very heartwarming at the same time - and overflowing with hope and the notion that all will be well.

Your descriptions of everything were beautiful. I loved the imagery you used and how you incorporated Gerald's room into that. I enjoyed seeing that, along with his home life and how you portrayed that he'll always be a loyal friend to Arnold. The brief Gerald/Phoebe hints added in were really cute too.

Also, it was nice to see everyone coming in and lending their support towards Arnold. It's so refreshing to see that since Arnold often forgets to take care of himself while he's in the midst of helping others. Yet, you captured his helplessness perfectly and how he doesn't like being the one to ask for other people's aid. The fact that he wants to be left alone and how he isolated himself from everyone and stopped caring about everything really brought that to life. It was done really well. You have Arnold's voice nailed so well, by the way.

Lastly, I loved the Arnold/Helga moment at the end and how moving it was. It was nice to see Helga being the one to come to Arnold's rescue for a change and how she was able to let her guard down around him. It was nice seeing Helga's heart in action and how she assured Arnold that he would never be alone - and that she, and other people would always be there to help him. I also like the end and how you implied the future that's in store for them.

Good work! :)
Corey5268 chapter 2 . 9/10/2011
I've read all three of your stories now, and they're all really cute )
Sandra Strickland chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Poor Granpa, he was just waiting to his son (he's really more his son that grandson) came to say that he's going to be all right, to let it go.

Poor Arnold now, he's gonna have bad time from now on

Seeya