Reviews for Plague
BraveDragonof214 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Uhh. wow. :'(
your awesome at writing.
immediate fav of you and this story.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Why... The... *sobs*
ivanganev1992 chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
That hurt and worried they survive.
This is really a horor story with qestion what happened next,and will they survive and findb a cure.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2014
that was a good story i think you should of added what happened to ruffnut and astrid.
candycanelila chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
This is so well written and it makes me want to cry, but I'm in front of people and I'll totally ruin my makeup.
You need to write like this more often. even the end was amazing!
ttyl ;- ]
T. Alana M chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Zombies?

This was so sad.. yet so random? Would have been great to have more background
WingedRock chapter 1 . 6/11/2013
This has dangerously few reviews.

Fictional horror is rarely well, all that horrible, but this does it well, especially forcing the gang to violently turn on one another in a hopeless situation. Most video game worthy fan fiction I ever read, I have no idea if that's good or bad from the author standpoint, but I liked it.
Anisney-Robin chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
That was pretty freaky, but I really enjoyed reading it. I would have loved to read more and actually know how it ends. Perhaps a few more hardships, some silver-linings, how Hiccup copes now, and flashbacks to how they discovered the Plague or how their other friends and family died. You really captured the emotion well, I felt just as panicked as them while they were running away from the bugs.
blaziebla chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
... Well, those Plague-Bringers are butterflies in my imagination. Monarch butterflies. Yup. I'm wondering what those little guys eat. Although, I guess it'd have very little to do with their diet and more to do with their natural venom right now. That cure won't be available until 2020, unfortunately. I guess one of them survived long enough and built enough of an immunity to it to reproduce. Then Rosalia will be born into that line, and she'll be killed by her adoptive dad and her blood will leak into the flowers that will be used as an antiserum to finish off the disease once and for all. Yup. There's the end to that story.

For the record, I'm referencing a game called Trauma Team for the Wii here. The fictional disease you're pitted up against, Rosalia, has more or less all of the symptoms you mentioned. I'm not kidding, go look it up if you don't already know. Only thing missing is losing all color, and I'm attributing that to Rosalia, the albino girl who the disease originated from. Oh, and the onset here seems to be faster. Again, blaming that on little Rose.

... Seriously, I'm wondering if you've ever played that game. The imagery and disease don't creep me out at all (Rosalia used to creep me out, but I got over it). The similarity creeps me out xD

Awaiting further work! Although, I'm not really waiting, am I? Bah. It sounds cool.
nny94 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Great story, but very dark
FoxGlade chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Ooooh Jesus.

This story is as brilliant as it is horrifying. Incredible work. My heart was pounding from start to finish - you do an excellent job of making the reader feel all the emotions the characters do.
Saphruikan chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
One word: HOO-LEEEEEEE SHIT.

Devastating. I swear. I could FEEL the doom. Also, the Plague Bringers turned people into zombies? I thought they were Terrible Terrors at first.
Kriel Drache chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Oh, dear...

This is, in my opinion, one of the best kinds of horror. Incidentally, it also happens to be my least favorite: the kind that leaves sufficient details for the reader's imagination to pencil in that it can be suitably gut-churning.

What does this plague do that Toothless thought that a fire bolt through the chest was a better fate for Tuffnut than hoping he'd stay alive long enough for them to find a cure? I doubt it was the Black Plague if this species of... thing having the word "Plague" in its name is any indication, so it could be all sorts of nightmare-inducing things. And considering how long they've flown without stopping for rest or, in Toothless' case, repairs, how many other villages have suffered these Plague Bringers besides Berk? My imagination knows the answer to all these questions, and what it's telling me is anything but pleasant.

Overall, a well-written story, though I will agree with you that it seemed a little raw. It did add a little bit to the feel of the story, though, like the narrator was just as frazzled by what was happening to Hiccup and the others as they were.

Keep it up, Rift-Raft!
Universe12 chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Nice work on this Rift-Raft. Even though you said in the bold black letters it was rated M and I was under 15 I still read. It wasd quite gorey and bloody to read and mentally visualize. To experience that would be undescriabley horrible and probably almsot impossible for many to recover from if ever to recover. You have horror down pretty good. Writing can only create emotions in people for such a limit, but you do it quite well. Though, it cold improve greatly. You seem to haver quite a good skill in writing. Don't be discouraged by this; use this an a reason to really motivate you to experiment and improve your writing to have the maximum effect possible.

I was too scared though. For some reason I was not too scared. Then again, after reading just the beginning and end of a story and doing video games I have a fantasy to expand the experience of it and that is when the fear that for example you might have based it on. I do sometimes get deathly scared to where for some lame reason I am practically paralyzed to move yet alone sleep so sometimes it takes some extreme luck or extreme drousyness to fall asleep. Several times 2 or 3 years ago I was paraylzed in fear, but I was lying in my bed scanning the room for something I knew for a fact was nbot real, but my subcounscious was so fearful it overpowered the rational and logical thoughts. I seem to be less scared now a days. Don't think I am careless or heartless, but I am getting harder as time progresses to scare.
Bundibird chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
it is times like these that I wish you could do video responses to Fanfictions. or, like, film reader reactions while they're reading.

duuuude. did you say you're not sure if this fits the horror genre? oh, mate. it totally fits. from very early on in this fic I was reading with concerned wide eyes, and then somewhere that changed over to a vaguely disturbed expression, and then from about half way through and all the way to the end I was just reading with abject horror.

and yet I loved it. go figure.

damn, buddy, you do horror goooood. and normally I don't like horror. hate it, in fact. and yet, both of your horror pieces I have loved. I know- I make total sense.

this was... well, good isn't quite the best word to use here. um... (see, this is why we need video responses- so you can see me pondering over the right word. not to mention witness all my gasps of shock and horror as I read). oh, hell, aside from "bloody brilliant writing," I don't know what words will work to sum up what this was. so lets just leave it at bloody brilliant and move on.

at first I was kind of annoyed that you didn't tell us how their story ended- whether they survived or not- but then I decided that that ending was probably the best. because, despite that I'm a total optimist and would love to think that they all survived (and by all I mean just those five. I'm still in shock over Tuff's sudden death), an irritatingly rational part of my brain is pointing out just how unlikely that would have been. and as much as I want to know what happened to them, if they all died one by one I really don't think I do want to know. and leaving it unconfirmed gives me the freedom to ignore my rational brain in favour of an imagined happy ending.

and I loved how you put your own twist on history and had rat-sized-dragons as the plague-bringers. nice touch. though I still don't quite get how it all came about in the first place; how was the plague introduced to Berk?

really great story- so, so worth the read. hope your life calms down enough that you're not stressing any more.

Bundi.