Reviews for Target
Jillian A.K chapter 5 . 8/17/2014
Really enjoying this story. Actually, it's my second read. I wasn't on the edge of my seat this time, so I noticed a scientific inaccuracy. First of all, the real threat of losing life support isn't running out of oxygen, but having too much carbon dioxide in the air. Remember the Apollo 13 movie starring Tom Hanks? According to the Stargate wiki, a puddle jumper is 8 meters long and 4.7 meters high/deep. Whoever entered that data forgot that space is three dimensions, but I'm going to assume width is also 4.7 meters. That gives us about 6240 cubic feet.
Breathable air in hours Volume of air in cubic feet X acceptable percentage of carbon dioxide in the air / (number of people X avg. person's hourly carson dioxide production).
On earth, carbon dioxide is .036 percent of atmosphere, but we can survive at higher levels. The website I used suggested 3 percent as the highest safe level. Anyway, that equation is
T 6240 x .03 / (2 x 1.7) 55 hours of breathable air.
Even at earth normal, .036 percent, the crew would still have 40 minutes.
T 6240 x .0036 / (2 x 1.7) .66 hours of breathable air.
At 1 per cent, they'd have 18 hours. This assumes my equation is correct (I got it off the internet, which is always suspect, but the writer SOUNDED like they knew what they were talking about). Anyway, my point is, you need another reason for the 20 minute time limit. Freezing to death isn't an option either. Maybe the jumper is in an unstable orbit and needs to correct it's course in 20 minutes or burn up in atmo.
Regards,
Jillian
nikikins chapter 10 . 4/3/2014
Always takes me by surprise when I stumble upon a story I haven't read before-esp from a favorite author. But I have to say I get excited. It's like a hidden treasure uncovered. This was like that it was so good. Enjoyed it all.
Guest chapter 10 . 1/17/2014
Wow does John have the super ata gene or what. I'm glad that they got that device out of him and that he was able to stop the virus and save the men in the jumper that in space. I really liked this story. Please write more.
Guest chapter 10 . 9/21/2013
Nice end with the connection to Iron Man and the kidnapping of Rodney and Daniel Jackson that time! This was a great story hon which I enjoyed very much indeed! Thank you!
Guest chapter 9 . 9/21/2013
On the way home at last for the lazing around part John wanted earlier! Yeay!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/21/2013
John is working so hard at helping Rodney when suddenly it seems like Silpa's ploy worked as Atlantis tries to make contact! Oh no! I love John's connection with Atlantis and his ability to use the ATA gene, even though it does get him in trouble!
Guest chapter 7 . 9/21/2013
Teyla wil not be pleased when she discovers Silpa's treachery! Sheppard was as brave as we expected when under the knife...and the humor remained intact also. Good chapter hon. Thanks.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/21/2013
Pulo has the ATA gene! And a machine got a hold of him? And the machine wants he people with the ATA gene...ok, now we know what's going on even though the only thing we know about the machine is just that...it's a machine!
I hope Ronon is ready to hold Sheppard...trust him to want the thing out quickly to save his men in space. Teyla was good at getting info from Pulo and I loved the marine who liked her technique!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/21/2013
So now we know it's more than a dart in him...he's a human transmitting machine! If any of his people die in the jumper stranded in space, John will never forgive himself!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/21/2013
Great chapter again hon. So Sheppard has to have field surgery because he could be bobby-trapped. Of course, our man is the first to not want to go back to Atlantis as Sheppard always puts the safety of his people first ahead of his own. 'Iron Man'...injured and drugged, he can still joke!
Guest chapter 3 . 9/21/2013
Gone one minute...then not gone! Boy, this chapter had the reader's emotions moving up and down quickly...running off to read the next chapter at high speed to keep up here!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/21/2013
A large blob has John! And he's in pain while everyone is desperately trying to find him! Keep strong John! With Rodney and Carter in the search team, they will get you...eventually!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
I don't remember ever reading this before but I don't know how I missed it! But at least it's the weekend so I have the time to read it! Great start. Lots of reasons to continue...to find out how whumped Sheppard is, to find out what took him down and who and to find out where he is! Thanks for this chapter hon!
Harmne chapter 10 . 3/26/2013
Ahhh! Is there a sequel to this? Not a very nice place to leave us hanging!

Great story, though. I was glued to my computer, and in too much of a rush to get to the next part to be very good at reviewing the individual chapters. Sorry! But great story!
Harmne chapter 8 . 3/26/2013
I hope Teyla gets to beat the crap out of the sniveling Silpa...or scare him half to death and let Ronan finish him off - with Rodney loudly berating him for being a coward - in the public marketplace - while it happens! (LOL, I'm not vindictive at all...)