Reviews for The Quieter Moments
hapsby chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
This is an absolutely flawless, unflinching look at the madness and depravity that made Drakengard's cast so interesting and memorable. I really adored every word of this, and I agree with you-I wish more than anything Yoko Taro had been able to flesh his characters and story out more.
Cold Soda chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Late to the party or not, this was an extremely refreshing take on the source material. It nicely made up for what the game lacked. I always thought it was such a shame that the party members didn't interact more often in-game. The writers missed so many opportunities for character development.

The characterization was spot-on. I particularly liked your depiction of Verdelet. I'm not particularly fond of him, but it's nice to see the character treated with respect, or even acknowledged in the first place. Too many writers ignore him altogether. Arioch was just... unsettling. Just as she should be. And it was interesting to see Leonard acting so uncomfortable around her (which he totally would be doing in-game). And Seere going to memories of his family when it became too uncomfortable was just perfect. Caim and Angelus were spot-on with their grumpiness and cynicism.

The only criticism I can think of is that the fairy was rather... quiet. It seemed our ragtag group of nutters couldn't go a sentence without her mocking them in the original game. But I suppose that's rather nitpicky.

Adding to my favorites without a second thought. The fandom needs more writers like you. I say that with utmost sincerity.

(And congratulations on your six year anniversary. I passed that not too long ago myself, even if it was on another account. Time sure flies, huh? :] )
Slayzer chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
even if you came late to Drakengard you still manged to catch what i think was the best part of the game. The 'Heroes' are all so broken that it was shocking to me. There very little compassion or nobility in any of them and all the games ending were messed up.

I really enjoyed your take on Arioch she was both alluring and yet still bat shit crazy. I enjoyed it very much.
Windle chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Thank you for sharing this, I enjoyed it very much.
YinYangWhiteTiger chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
this was done really well...

I would die if they made a remake of this game without all the censoring
UnmercyfulDeath chapter 1 . 9/22/2011
Most people tend to be slightly off with character interaction for this game, mainly because charcters were never really seen interacting. Which is why I squeed with glee when I read this. I love when an author not only gets the characters right but also manages to do something better than the original source. You have amazeing tallent, an excelent writer. I hope I can see more drakengard fanfictions from you in the future. Really, truely amazeing.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 9/6/2011