Reviews for Deadliest Warrior: Robin Hood vs Faramir
earthdragon chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
Sorry guys but you are both talking absolute garbage and obviously know nothing about either character. Robin's weapons were a longbow, broadsword, knife and a wooden staff. He didn't use a pike at any time and the only armour he would have worn, was chain mail, and that was before he was outlawed. Armour would have been too cumbersome for fighting in the forest.

As for Faramir, he was a Ranger first and foremost, when his weapon of choice was a longbow and arrow, although he was also proficient with a sword, as well as a knife. The only time he wore metal armour was when he headed the Gondorian army and rode out to fight the orcs. Otherwise, his protection would have been made of leather for ease of movement. Also, Faramir wouldn't have wasted time and energy fighting a duel; he would have simply lain in wait and shot Robin, before finishing him with either his sword or knife (if indeed that was necessary). Faramir lived in a time that was far more hard and brutal than anything Robin was used to. Robin's only enemies were King John, the Sheriff of Nottingham and Guy of Gisbourne - no comparison to Sauron, orcs, trolls and wargs.

If you want a real competitor from LOTR, try matching someone against the magnificent Glorfindel, although Legolas comes a close second.
Volcan chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
I'm afraid you're totally off the mark with these two fighters. First of all, a pike is longer than a spear, but is too big and unwieldy for melee combat; completely meant for anti-cavalry. Secondly, Steel Plate armour is completely immune to blades and highly resistant to arrows or spears, even the English Longbow; only a blunt weapon is highly effective against plate armour; maces, war hammers or flails. Thirdly, Faramir is the one who used a Hand-and-a-half sword, not Robin hood; HIS was an English Longsword. And lastly, Faramir did NOT use a short bow; he used a long bow as well.

The equipment is wrong and the stats are far from accurate. Furthermore, if you gave the large dagger the edge, why does it have less kills than the Hunting Knife?

I'm sorry, this needs a lot of reassessment.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Cool idea...Since you recommended me do an Elektra versus Catwoman story, you should do them in the realm of Deadliest Warrior.
bslaisjdiahd chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
fuck you you piece of shit faramir ownz robin shit easily so fuck off
axel100 chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Well the battle of Agincourt demonstrated the effectivness of the English Long bow so no surprise here. Faramir could have had the edge in every other category but he'd have to get close enough. And with the high rate of fire one can expect from the long bow, that isn't likely. The only other question is which Robin Hoog are you eferring to. Erol Flynn, Kevin Costner, or the actual Robin of Loxley?
zachary chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
Anonymous Quincy chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Nice job on this. I love deadliest warrior, Lord of the Rings, and Robin Hood. Although we all know if Robin went up against Legolas he wouldn't have had a prayer. - Very logical thinking in giving the edges, my only thing is i would have love to have read about the tests to know the carnage and hear the smack talk. Still very interesting and fun to read. Keep up the good work.
AntiCreator chapter 1 . 11/14/2011
Not bad. How about this one next. King Elessar Telcontar of the Reunited Kingdom of Gondor and Arnor vs Prince Hector of Troy. Or, and this is one I'd really like to see, Slayer of the Shadow of Death, Bringer of Rain, the Champion of Capua, Spartacus vs Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Maximus Decimus Meridius.
Sarge Ray chapter 1 . 10/5/2011 average matchup, I guess. (I, personally, thought the 2010 Robin Hood movie sucked)

My complaint is that the testing isn't as fun without the butchery of pig carcasses, gel/foam torsos, and the physics/stats behind each weapon.

That and it's just not as entertaining without the back-and-forth smart talk between experts while testing is going on.

I think there's room for improvement and that it could be a heck of a lot better.

Plus, hey, I have my own Deadliest Warrior fic with a few flaws in it as well. I learned from these mistakes and quickly became the go-to-guy when it comes to Deadliest Warrior.
Not bad but chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Where's the weapons testing? Instead of just deciding to give to weapon the edge, I would like to see the testing comparison.
Aryk von Straln chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I'm somewhat disappointed with this one...Faramir was more of a ranger than a heavy cavalry type as that one rather pathetic charge attested too. Boromir would have been a slightly better choice for the 'heavy knight' motif or maybe Eomer the Horselord if you wanted 'Cavalry Crush".

I did like how it played out though even if I didn't approve of the match up much and have little issue with the outcome, in that setting the lighter and more maneuverable warriors would definitely have the advantage.