Reviews for The Birth of a Pixie
Flickering Ember chapter 1 . 3/9
For some odd reason, I'm finding the fact that this is deliberately terrible more entertaining than most fics, pretty much because it means your self-aware about how bad it is, but are still comfortable writing. And it keeps within the laws of fanfiction, so that was some nice loophole abuse there.
I don't honestly know what I was expecting out of the second half, but I found it pretty amusing in and of itself, simply because of how you categorized - or, rather, how you chose to explain the different categories.
Unfortunately, this also means that I'm a chocolate reviewer. I must work on that. Still though, it would be interesting to see an expansion of this topic, hopefully taken more seriously than what you did here.
OakeX chapter 2 . 1/20
Is it bad that I thought this story wasn't actually that terrible, all things considered? Probably is, man I should really lift my standards for fanfiction and for this website in general. Yeah I'll work on that. I put it down to a lack of experience writing and reading fanfiction, since I've only been on this website for about 3 months or so. Also, I've read much worse before.

Very clever though, this story (well, 'story'). Clever way of drawing in readers (I have to admit, I was quite interested to read a horror/parody story called 'The Birth of a Pixie'), cleverly written example story (it was like a whole different author) and well-explained review guide.
PuckabrinaPercabethMYLIFE chapter 2 . 12/10/2014
Thank u for the reviewing guide. It helped me a lot! At first when I was reading the story I was like: Curlscat writes like this?! Then I read the AN. I always read ANs they're always useful! Thanks again!
Guest chapter 2 . 10/3/2014
Ok. So, I don't know of you even see these reviews or not, and I'm pretty sure plenty of other people have left reviews like this but oh well, they're right. I really want to thank you for that AN because *coughcough* *mumbles* I erm.. was one of those people who.. uhh... leftalotofmarshmallows. I know, I know, I never stopped to think "Does this help the author at all?" *hangs head in shame* I think it was because I knew wayy too many people with depression. (Like, real, diagnosed depression) and I absolutely hate flamers because literally, if you have to beat up others to be happy, then you have no life. And no real friends. ANYWAYS, now that I've completely wasted your time... your idea worked. The 'use a story as bait' idea. And your one of my favorite authors. And yeah you have come a LONG way from when you started. Thanks!

-a crazy fangirl
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
Thank you for writing this. I was kinda confused about reviews and this helped a lot. :)
Dude. My name is never ever chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
Haha! The flame was kind of funny, because they did not get the point at all it looks like. :P
Dude. My name is never ever chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
I read the whole A/N. And loved it! I didn't love the story, but you were doing that on purpose. You gave great examples, and that makes me wonder whether or not I'm a good author (I'm thinking no. I don't really like my writing.) and I loved it. Loved it. But honestly (this is my honest opinion. I'm not trying to be all marshmallowy.) this is a great idea for a story! I know, I know. But really! It is! Did that sound to marshmellowy? Maybe. Okay so the point of this whole review is I loved the A/N, the story sucks, and you're awesome.
Weirdness101 chapter 2 . 1/7/2014
I really liked the story. It was really fun to read. Don't beat yourself up about it, because it was a really great story. :):):):);)

– Weirdness101
Anonymous123 chapter 2 . 9/27/2013
Okay, I know this is probably a not-so-great review, but I think your idea is good. I like the fact of putting a silly story for the point of an A/N at the end, but the idea is brilliant! I think you should use the idea of "the birth of a pixie" and turn it into a story. Just a thought. Also, brilliant ideas for the reviews. I'm trying to do that ;). The OOC is obvious, but if it was a little less OOC without the grammatical errors, it could actually be a good story! So yeah. Just a thought.

-Anonymous123
Guest chapter 2 . 9/16/2013
*OOC*, I am so sorry, I forget the acronyms.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
Thank you for the review list, it was really helpful to me. About the story: I liked the concept of a pixie birth and I like some of the way you approached it. I did think the characters were quite OC and I saw a couple spelling errors. Also, to quote your summary, "[You] wrote this badly on purpose...Ignore the story, actually. It stinks". I think this was a great way to approach the reviews...it's a trap. Thanks again.
WibblyLights chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
I took your advice and did not actually read the story. Well, I confess I read the first five lines before I realized I would probably have to stab my eyeballs out if I continued. Anyway, I really like your approach to reviewing. You certainly made me feel guilty about not reviewing, which I have done more times than I can remember. Your advice makes sense, and your article (if I can call it that) was very informative. I did not realize that there were people out there who posted flames. Your article cut me to the core, and I will try to be a faithful and conscientious reviewer from now on. Thank you.
lalaland12343 chapter 1 . 8/14/2013
Ok, you might not believe me, but I WAS planning to review this story, because I love this idea even though you wrote it worse than awful- and that is smart that you put that in there because when I first started reading this and was surprised and shocked, as well as slightly annoyed that you could write this knowing- until I got to the end. I am a writer myself, but I don't post here. I know it must hurt to not get many reviews, and this was a good lesson to teach people about understanding writing comes from the heart and you need to get a little love for all of your stories so they can grow and improve. I love the idea of a S'more review. Great idea and a fab goal to strive for. One little other thing though, practice what you preach! I don't doubt you do, but just a reminder! Keep writing!
- lalaland12343
P.S.
This is not meant to be a flame, and instead helpful, so please do not take it the wrong way, because I love your work so far- and I have read one story!
SGHPDWFan chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
I actually like the story... call me crazy but it's true. What kind of review did I write? And I wish this was canon. Lizalot should finish the picture.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
I luv this its really cute and I like it when they finally get to the clearing, but I think that at the end they should kiss. well keep on writing!