Reviews for On Ice
BnBfanatic chapter 21 . 11/19/2014
I LOVE THIS STORY - but during chapters 19-21 it seemed too out of character for Grale to have not tried anything or to have any show of his usual animosity towards the captain. It makes it seem like they are old friends now or something. I just think it wld be more in line with the first 18 chapters if you at least had him sneering at Kirk on occasion (during trek to BC) when no one was watching him and to have Kirk write about his continued distrust of the miner. That's the only part that wasn't consistent with the character of Grale. Still an awesome story as are all of your ST fics!
Guest chapter 49 . 6/30/2014
Fantastic story! Thank you so much for sharing.

I've only just finished the story and still feel emotional for what they've all gone through, especially Kirk. Great writing!

Louise x
gluegirl56 chapter 49 . 2/25/2014
Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story ;)
I can only imagine how much time you've spent on this...
Nevertheless, the outcome was brilliant!
2trek chapter 49 . 8/24/2013
One of the best stories I've had the pleasure of reading on this site. The writing was amazing, as were the characterizations. Thank you so much for writing it :)
tumbling-down-and-down chapter 49 . 6/29/2013
This is a really well planned out story! love it! there was enough of hurt jim and yet you managed to show his strengths and weaknesses! thanks for writing :)
Heart Of The Wizard chapter 49 . 2/3/2013
This story was amazing. Took me roughly five hours to read and the majority of that time was spent holding my breath and thinking the worst. I really thought Kirk wouldn't make it, especially after what you put him through! But you wrote him nearly perfectly, as if you had created the character yourself. This was so enjoyable, and a relief to find after all the lesser quality Star Trek fics out there. Thank you for taking the time to write this, it must've been a beast to put together!

Britt
Billy chapter 49 . 1/28/2013
I just loved your story. Hope to read many more. Keep up the good work.
LORETTA JEAN chapter 7 . 1/5/2013
I JUST STARTED THIS AND LOOKED UP YOUR PAGE. I AM ENJOYING YOUR WRITING BY THE WAY AND WILL FINISH ALL OF THEM (THOUGH I THINK AFTER A FASHION).

THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORK AND WHAT PROMPTED ME TO STOP AND WRITE THIS NOW IS I TRULY AM SO GLAD YOU ARE NOT WRITING SLASH. I AM SO SICK OF IT...IT IS ALL OVER FANFIC AND I AM UNCOMFORTABLE WITH IT. IT WAS NOT WHAT THE STAR TREK WAS ALL ABOUT, MOST OF IT WAS ABOUT MEN BEING BROTHERS OF KIND AND WATCHING OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER.

LAST OF ALL THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK ALTHOUGH WRITER MAKE IT LOOK EASY TO US GREEDY LITTLE READERS, I KNOW IT ISN'T ALWAYS.
DM chapter 49 . 1/1/2013
A great journey!
Happy New Year.
Many thanks.
K Ernst chapter 49 . 12/31/2012
Thank you for the new years gift! Been reading this story for quite a while, and it's satisfying to read the conclusion. Good ending chapter, good final dialogue with McCoy evading the last question. Thanks so much for finishing this one!
Trena Too chapter 49 . 12/31/2012
A perfect year-end gift. While I like this ending, I must admit I would have liked to have seen one more chapter right before this one: Kirk's return to the ship, perhaps on the transporter pad with both his reaction to being home and the crew's reaction. But this does make a nice ending. I look forward to your next story.
RachelVille chapter 49 . 1/1/2013
Thank you so much for finishing this story! It was great fun to read and enjoy. I hope you will write another one some time.
Guest chapter 48 . 12/25/2012
You have got what it takes to write a mind-blowing tale. Happy christmas to you, too. :-)
K Ernst chapter 48 . 12/24/2012
Excellent!
"His smile disappeared. "I'll hunt you down, you know," he said quietly.

"I know," said the miner.

"Only not now, because you have Kar 'ath on board and are threatening to blow up the Enterprise if she pulls you in."

Stephenson hesitated for a second, then nodded. "That is correct."

"And I'm too tired," Kirk added, and both men allowed a small smile to break on their faces.

And then Kirk's figure shimmered."
Perfect way to end this portion of the story in my opinion. :)
RachelVille chapter 47 . 12/24/2012