Reviews for Fourth Time's the Charm
IAmAStarWarsNinjaTunaFish chapter 5 . 1/24
Some people have subtle writing styles, I tend to like them better than other writing styles. You happen to have a very aggressive writing style and yet your work is absolutely beautiful. I love it so far thank you so much. (Idk if that makes much sense but yeah this is a compliment.)
Sewarea chapter 46 . 1/21
This was awesome I couldn't put it dow until the end.
KatieKaboom713 chapter 24 . 12/21/2015
'Reno had one and only one real, immobilizing fear—he terrified of being forgotten.' (- u -) Is that a reference to Lea from Kingdom Hearts?
Guest chapter 46 . 12/19/2015
This whole story was beautiful and I'm glad I kept checking in to read it all these years. Thank you for a wonderful story and all the work you've put into it.
Guest chapter 35 . 12/14/2015
I kinda want to kick Cloud, Im so frustrated with him
Guest chapter 34 . 12/14/2015
your authors notes are cute))
OoOXylionOoO chapter 27 . 11/4/2015
Wow Gaia you again show us your exceptional intelligence.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 12 . 11/4/2015
I prefer this Cloud than one who panic at the least stimuli
OoOXylionOoO chapter 8 . 11/4/2015
Okay those panic attacks have to end and soon because it's becoming old very fast...
OoOXylionOoO chapter 3 . 11/4/2015
I like the ida of a female Sephiroth.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 1 . 11/4/2015
While reading your fic I thought for the first time : what if Cloud said Screw you at Gaia for making him her toy ?
ive-got-2-many-ideas chapter 46 . 10/19/2015
Amazing. I loved this story from start to finish
Gryh chapter 46 . 9/18/2015
I guess it's no wonder I had such a hard time getting around to reading these last two chapters. I simultaneously love and hate open endings, but this one seems really incomplete even for an open-ended story. I enjoy thinking about possibilities and 'what-if's but this just makes me sad.

That said, I really enjoyed the story. Though there were some points that were kind of confusing, and a lot of the later ones seemed rather hectic, the whole idea was cool, and the writing was done fairly well. Overall a great fic the first time around, but probably not one that would hold my attention enough for another complete read-through.

Here's another toward your review goal. Good Luck!
Guest chapter 46 . 9/8/2015
If THIS is your idea as a happy ending, I hate to see what your idea of an unhappy one is...

Zack in a coma. Sephiroth without memories. Aerith pregnant from an experiment baby. Cloud suffering again from loss of friends. Tifa, Cid, Nanaki, Yuffie, Barret, Marlene, etc etc... All of their fates are a complete mystery.

Good story, but very unsatisfying(and frustrating) ending. To be honest, there's a lot of time travel fics out there and the main attraction to this one (for me) was the "complete" tag... but this doesn't feel complete at all. There's a limit to exactly how open-ended you should leave things, not because readers lack imagination, but because they'll feel cheated.

There are several chapters worth of material that could go on from here. I'm not saying every loose end should be tied up... but for Gaia's sake the MAIN PLOT POINTS should be tied up.

Jenova being killed by a bullet is not JUST anticlimactic, it's frankly ridiculous to the point I thought it was one of Cloud's Mako-induced hallucinations. And what about all the remnants she left behind? Is the world still dying? Presumably, but has it slowed at all? Will Gaia still push for more sacrifices? Cloud can apparently hide from her, but what about others? What about Shinra? What about the SOLDIER program? What about the turks? And Sephiroth? Will he end up dangerously obsessed with Cloud (like things appeared to be going), or not remember him, or fall for him with his missing memories? How will Cloud endure the years in his over-enhanced body? Will he end up an unaging person who watches his friends die once again? Will he suicide? If he does die, will he be brought back again? These aren't just "loose ends" but major issues. It's fine to leave questions unanswered, but not EVERYTHING.

You could have at least done an epilogue set a few years (or decades) in the future that tie up most of these. Honestly... If I had known it would end like this(without a proper ending)... I would have passed on it. I'm sorry, but this ending is just... grossly unsatisfying.
Angry Penguins chapter 46 . 9/7/2015
This was an amazing story! Thank you for writing it!