Reviews for Fake Bankai
Kopaka777 chapter 1 . 4/24/2014
Great job. This fanfic really display's the imperfections of Hinamori and how she still has a long way to go. It's nice to see someone write a fanfiction that characters aren't perfect, and that they do have weaknesses.
Fuck You FFN chapter 1 . 11/2/2011
I liked this one. I agree that being a Captain requires a lot more maturity than Hinamori is showing - which probably explains why I tend to feel very uncomfortable with fics that just give her bankai immediately. I will also confess to feeling personally conservative about how many characters should be able to learn bankai. Byakuya's speech about just how hard it is to find a single shinigami capable of bankai across generations in the noble families seemed to get thoroughly smashed by how just about everyone is hiding bankai or achieving bankai fairly swiftly in Bleach.

But that's neither here nor there. More importantly, I loved the way you handled the Hitsugaya-Hinamori conflict. I'm not quite sure how to describe it, but they're definitely annoyed and taking pieces out of each other in a way I don't usually see in fic. It always feels more like a token argument in other fics. I enjoyed the sense of realism to this one.
Star Fata chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Hey, just wanted to say I loved the fic, especially Matsumoto looking after Toshiro. And the part where Toshiro pointed out that Ichigo behaves more like his sibling than Momo does.
CressidaRene chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
When I first read this, I thought, "Where did this idea come from?", but then I saw your AN at the end, and now it all makes sense. This story is a very good rebuttal to those other types of fanfics that crop up from time to time, like you said, giving Hinamori sudden power & position that doesn't gel with her situation, power-level, or personality.

It's always funny to me, how fans seem to think that every Bleach character should have a bankai, and rush to write stories granting such. If they were more dedicated fans, they would remember Byakuya's description of Bankai, and how rare and special it is, and how very, very few Soul Reapers in all their history have ever achieved it. It is not a guaranteed fact that all current lieutenants will ever achieve bankai, and those that do, well, they would've been working on it for a very long time, years & years.

As for your story on it's own, I thought it was very touching, and my immediate reaction to Unohana's comforting Toushiro was "Awwww!" I just love the idea of her mothering him whenever she can, if there's anyone who could use it, it would be Toushiro. (I used to react the same way whenever Molly Weasley would give Harry Potter some mothering, it was just so cute!) I especially liked your having Unohana call Toushiro on his behaviour in the recent fighting with the regai, and how he was mentally powerless against the evil Momo twins. The way you write it, is how Kubo should be doing his story, Unohana needs to be giving poor Toushiro some counseling about his tormented emotions when it comes to Hinamori.

I also like how Toushiro had some interactions with Hisagi, and how he respected the young captain for not giving Momo a free pass on her test. Matsumoto's scenes with Toushiro were great, too, how they showed progression in her character, and yet her relationship with Toushiro is as sweet and supportive as it's always been.

The scene between Toushiro & Momo at the end was difficult for poor Toushiro, but I was pleased to see how he gained the nerve to stand up for himself, and tell Momo what she needed to hear. He really gave her a lot to think about, so hopefully, she'll start to grow a bit, too. The feeling from Toushiro that I get, is that he is benefitting from having others to talk to, and having others actively supporting him, which he needs.
Big-Babidi chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
That is a pretty interesting idea. If given the opportunity, Mayuri wouldn't hesitate to add a fake bankai to shinigami.

As for the other fics, I've only read like one or so of those stories with hardcore bankai Hinamori but I can easily see that being a cliche.
Ruon jian chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I liked this fic it seems like no one ever tries in fanfiction to resolve the issues facing hinamori and on the fact of posession stu's the biggest one is ichigo.