Reviews for Nickel Content
sirensbane chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
This story was chilling, particularly the fact that Erik couldn't have moved the coin even if he'd wanted to, and that he's thinking of what he should have done instead. I also liked the spin that the "'m shit with bullets' puts on that scene from FC where he asks Charles to shoot him. I was also impressed by how clearly the dialogue portrayed a drunk without being silly. Good job with all of it.
thecatclouder chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Great fanfiction. Their whole conversation with Erik drunk seemed realistic enough. I like how Charles did not even attempt to stop him, and Erik never managed to say the word 'comprised' and did not think gravity worked on metals anymore...
And the thing about the bullets...
Great fanfiction.
Missekatten chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
I'm just awed. Loved it!
puddingcup chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Ohh this is really neat :D I never thought about Erik being able to manipulate some metals better than others. Very cool :D
moms5thchild chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
Interesting.I see Erik as a reallu tightly wound individual and getting sloppily drunk would not be something he did often. The fact that he let his defences down with Charles is somewhat telling of a trust between the two. The sad fact that this is a now win situation makes this trust so very sad.

Mom
gabriel42 chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Wow! I don't even know where to begin my praise - the intriguing plot, the wonderful dry humour, the moral dilemma and its emotional implications, the masterful word choices, Charles' slow... rediscovery, as it were, of his relationship with Erik, the spot-on characterizations... It's captivating. It had me laughing half the time and agonizing about the future of the two boys the other half. And definitely wanting to read more! Cheers,

Gabriel
br0kenmind chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Wonderful. Wonderfulwonderfulwonderful. Absolutely GOOD. Seriously. I nearly never write reviews, but this - I just have to tell you how much I loved this.

Firstly, the coin. That was so good. I'm just going to believe you that it was a 5 Reichsmark in the film (I haven't seen it in ages and desperately need to rewatch it soon) and tell you that you've done awesome research and made an awesome story of it. Moving the coin and all. Oh god, it's so sad. That... that thing... that you did... that was.. good.

Secondly, bullets. I can't but agree. Even if Erik was good with bullets; the whole thing you headcanon'd there is a beautifully saddening reference to the bullet scene at the end of the film. You refer to the film so well, that makes this whole story so extremely enjoyable! Such a hugely great job you did there! :']

And then, all of that together wrapped up in such a lovely way of expression - all in all, AMAZING. I love this. I do. So much. Immediate favourite. U

Thank you for the great read!

3 brokenmind
Poke-it-with-a-Stick chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Oh, that ending. Ouch. That was depressing (but a little sneaky bit funny, too, with Erik's drunken mispronunciations) and very well-written. Kudos.
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
aww poor erik...damn that was good and sad
Sheherazade's Fable chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Really depressing. The title is perfect though.