Reviews for No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 3/24
Master Tigeress chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
i still can't believe that this year shall be it's 11th anniversary. I do appreciate the story. would u write another one when johnny has retired and remembered what happened. he has told everyone including all of his brothers from station 51 and his station he worked at. u see i had a cousin who went over seas after 9/11 to help fight against terrorism and he came home in a coffin five years later. it still feels like it was yesterday. thanks.
Neemps chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Great story! Very believable that Johnny would pick it up while trying to help. Sad that it is based on reality.
LaneIA chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
Wonderful story. I was watching a show last night that talked about the lung problems and cancers that are now plaguing the rescuers on 9-11. You did a great job.
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
I remember reading the two previous stories that went with this and they were good reads, just like this one was. You drive home the point that even ten years after the attacks, we're still dealing with so many of the effects, including the health problems of the workers who were down there on The Pile. Good job with this story, lovely tribute to all those lost on 9/11 and the years after that.
rosebud26 chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I didn't know you wrote in this universe! Great tribute to those who helped at ground zero. Thank you!

PS...Had you on "author alert" for NCIS fics but now have a whole slew of "Emergancy" fics in my inbox! *squee*
Dianne chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Thanks for the story as we remember our fallen heroes. Those diseases are very real. We had a huge plastics fire in our city; just massive that burned for days and we have firefighters who are ill from it and haven't been recognized as victims of that fire. The building was a half block from a hospital and a jail. The neighbourhood was evacuated; the hospital had ventilation systems that were better than the jail but neither building was evacuated despite the houses and apartments all being evacuated. My husband's job is considered an essential service and he had to work in those conditions and couldn't leave because every hand was necessary to stand by to assist in case the evacuation order came which would have been a huge undertaking. There are studies being done on some of the people who were ordered to stay in the area but not nearly enough and the firefighters had to fight for compensation that should have been forthcoming. It's sad how we treat the people we rely on to keep us safe.

I will never forget Sept 11; humans have to stop hating each other or we'll destroy the only planet we have and not only take out ourselves but animals who have nothing to do with our hateful ways.

Thanks for being brave enough to write about that day.
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I think many of us remember what we were doing the moment we heard about 9/11. This is a day where we should pay homage to those that lost their lives and those that sacrified theirs in an effort to save lives.

Sadly some paid a price with their health as well.

Not long ago a story challenge was issued using the following quote from Kurt Vonnegut:

"I can think of no more stirring symbol of man's humanity to man than a fire truck."

He spot those words on October 23, 2001 at 'A Light in the Night' candlelight ceromony in remembrance of those killed on 9/11.

Here is a second quote from that speech that sums up the heroism that was displayed that day:

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

Thanks for writing this piece because it is also important to remember those that put their health on the line to help others during that tragic time in history.

Emergfankat chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Wow, this was a wonderful tribute to all of those who have suffered from this tragedy. My family and I were living in CT during the attack and my husband worked in NYC. We live in New Jersey now and in a town that lost alot of people during 9/11 attack. I agree to pray for all of the victims and their families as we approach the 10th anniversary. Thanks for sharing!
starlight guardian chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
For those before us, it was Pearl Harbor. For us, it is 9/11. There are so many stories of courage and kindness, and national unity out of this horrendous tragedy. WE WILL NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO DIED, not those in the attacks and not the valiant rescuers who took down a plane before it could get to the White House, nor those brave people who raced into the towers to save as many as they could. Blessings to us all.
skebro chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
Great job! You have given us something to think about on this upcoming 10th anniversary. There are so many who give so much of themselves for the public good above, beyond and sometimes their very lives. Thanks for reminding us.
Kelmin chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
The title is superbly apt.

Gage would totally get WTC cough syndrome, and would totally just let it go until he passed out from it. I'll bet a lot of people did.

All the disease processes related to Ground Zero exposure are just so unfair, heaping physical misery on top of psychological misery.

I think I'll go cry now.
TaylorGibbs chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I'm so glad you posted this one here! It is another great entry in this series. Any chance of a fourth?