Reviews for Out of the Blue
emmaloufudge chapter 4 . 1/10
"Talk about surprised! I thought I was seeing things - Jbird has posted a new chapter! - and there was absolutely no way I could take the time to reread earlier chapters and the newest one! Jack and Sam's relationship is interested, there isn't the sexual tension that we saw in the first season and the later discomfort between them because the way they decided to handle their relationship and with others, was the worst way to do it. Now they are remembering the friendship they had and how good things were. Even though Jack has moved to Montana and become a "different" person, it's a veneer, hiding the "born investigator"! Can't wait for the next chapter! I don't want to have to wait another year to see what Sam is up to - and obviously involves Jack! Thanks again, J!"
anne chapter 4 . 1/9
Sorry, I wrote a review a couple of days ago, but somehow it got lost in cyberspace. So here goes: So happy to see your writing again. Lovely transitions make for wonderful flow throughout your stories. And the dialogue is truly excellent: people sound natural, real. Your dialogue, as well as your description, functions as transition.
Getting stuff moving through a story is an underrated skill.
Cheers,
Anne
emmaloufudge chapter 4 . 1/8
Diane M chapter 4 . 1/8
What she's up to next? Very intriguing.

As always with your fiction, jbird, this is very well written, and I'm so very glad you have updated. Jack had an almost serious relationship, but Sam's heart was always with Jack and no one could replace him. No one ever will, so I'm anxious to find out how they are going to get back together and stay together. I doubt that it will be in Montana, so what do you have planned? I hope we find out soon.
Anne chapter 4 . 1/8
Once again, such lovely transitions. Only an ex-English teacher could compliment you on these. But what can you say. The ability to move a story along in an effortless way is an underrated ability. As is the attention to the smallest of details: Jack's decorating ability or lack thereof, the Kenosha reference (Wisconsin cheese), and the overall naturalness of the dialogue. (You always were good at dialogue.)
You bring WAT back again for awhile.
DianeM37 chapter 4 . 1/9
This chapter is a real gem, beautifully written (as I would expect from you, jbird). A couple of old friends (and lovers) talking and learning about their lives during the past five years. It's obvious they're still comfortable together. Soon they'll be back in each other's arms...where they belong. Many thanks, jbird. You're the best!
ninthwardgurl05 chapter 4 . 1/8
Lol, jbird! Proud to be a "newer nagger" because it got the job done! Thank you so much for updating this story. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us next! Waiting "patiently" on the next chapter... ;)
Kimberleah chapter 4 . 1/8
Glad you found some time to continue this FF J. Always want to see good stuff with a proper for writing!
Loves Jack chapter 4 . 1/8
Merry Christmas to ME! OMG, imagine how happy I was to find that a new chapter was posted! Even though I haven't watched WAT for a long time, Jack/Sam are still one of my favorites! Another great Chapter jbird! Loved-"Women change their hair, men go all caveman!" Though I do like ALP with nicely trimmed facial hair... Brokeback Mountain-too funny! Can't wait to see what Jack found-please don't keep us waiting!
SpyMaster chapter 4 . 1/8
Wow what a surprise to see this notification land in my inbox! I went back and read the first three chapters as well to remind myself what happened. Only I didn't recognise it at all, checking my review history I think perhaps I missed this one. How did I manage that?

Anyway, reading this was like coming home. The nostalgia was overwhelming and I'm definitely going to have to watch some episodes later, I haven't in so long. I think I stopped watching the show season 5 as I didn't like the direction, might have been season 4 not sure. It felt like all the J/S had been removed and it was their relationship, and interaction, that kept me watching. Reading the wrongs being righted in fanfic is always good.

I'm not writing a proper review at all am I? Shame on me. I always love your stories and this one is no exception. I was slightly confused when reading at the start. It felt like it was continuing on from something, as I didn't know what that something was, it was like picking up a story in the middle. After having read all of it though I now understand and it's a really interesting writing technique, it definitely increases story immersion, as the reader has to hunt for nuggets of intel.

I can sort of see Jack's point. He's moved on and to find that Sam has tracked him down with almost single minded obsession. Well, if they didn't love each other so much it might be classed as creepy. As they do love each other, well love knows no obstacle. I can kinda guess what Sam's plan is though I'm not sure how the details will work. She wants to move to be with him. I just hope he'll accept it.

Thanks for another enjoyable read, and also reigniting my interest in the show. It really has been too long. I think the first season dvd needs a rewatch.
FBIlover chapter 4 . 1/8
That was really "out of the blue" great chapter cant wait for more.
Wiggle34 chapter 3 . 10/10/2012
is there more ot this wonderful story I would like ot know what happens next :)
Michi uk chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
Nice to see Jack and Sam talking, and hopefully, getting together.
Loves Jack chapter 3 . 6/6/2012
Oh jjbird! A new chapter! I was so excited when I saw this! Loved the beautiful picture you painted of Montana! Never been there, but now I can imagine it! A profound chapter, how Jack felt he wouldn't be missed, and Sam revealing things about Brian (the scum), and that Jack was her best friend and how SHE messed it up. Loved hearing back story on Chester...the 27yr old blond wrapped around him must have been interesting. Wonder what others went after the "sexy outdoorsman"? Rugged, outdoorsy Jack-what an awesome picture! Please don't leave us hanging too long waiting to see how "this" blond gets wrapped around him (I hope!). Anyhow, loving your JS as usual!
lori51 chapter 3 . 6/5/2012
Love this and can't wait for more!