Reviews for Look Beyond What You See
ncis-lady chapter 19 . 10/15/2011
You made me cry again, but that's not a surprise really, because all "George without Fred after the battle" stories tend to do this to me ;) What I liked most about this one is the classroom scene, especially "Strange, that something as pointless as a classroom should remain standing when his brother- no". Because isn't this so damn typical, that such meaningless things stay but those which really matter eventually leave? I could totally picture George in this classroom, and I also understand his sudden anger at Charlie. In fact, I had him blame Charlie in one of my stories, too, though some time after the battle ;) I also like the way you finished with a rather open ending. At this point, we just cannot know if George will ever be able to go on. Despite the fact that he is strong and will try to not disappoint Fred, the loss of someone so close will change you forever. I, personally, agree with JKR on her statement that George will never fully get over Fred's death. I do, however, think that he will still find his way back into life, have a family, and actually be happy. It would be too sad if he didn't.

I'm repeating myself, anyway, I enjoyed this story a lot, and I hope to read more from you in the future!
Lone Torment chapter 19 . 10/15/2011
I read the warning, but I kept going anyway.

Now I can't stop crying!
chocolateMnMs chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
damn..tht was..soo..touching! ahh the pain OMG! never hav i felt so emotional ur story relly connected with me i felt i was part of it! so yea i saw sum of the reviews an i agree with one can u rite up a chap on freds prespective of when they separated due to snatchers an how he knew when an where to apparate an his reaction to seeing george in pain? please? i luv freds concern! atleat even if u dont wanna post it up can u send it to me via email?
snitch-bewitch chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
Oh my God. That was so sad, yet so beautiful. You can really feel the heartbreak... George's hearbreak in this chapter. So very profound. A very beautiful and sad conclusion to this lovely written story... well done. Seriously, congratulations on completing this project, you did a brilliant job. The epilogue is just perfect. :) Do write more about this idea, be it a story or just one shots. Everything just sounds and looks so natural, I absolutely love your style. Well done, once again on a very well-rounded project. It was such a pleasure to read and review this! :)
SolelyReader chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
Soooo sad! I hate how J.K. Rowling killed Fred! Poor George. But I really loved this story. Thanks for writing it.
PlantyPie chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
Did nearly cry when reading that chapter! This whole story has been amazing,so well written,plotted look forward to your next piece xx
keep my issues drawn chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
I have tears streaming down my face right now, I cried so much at this, the pain in George's thoughts and voice and how he doesn't cope at all, I feel like this is the real version of what really happened, and it broke my heart. I just don't know what to say, I can't go hyper in this review, even though I'm on my computer and can type properly, because I'm just sobbing my heart out at this. You are such an amazing writer, don't ever stop writing! I just love this story so much, and if i ever re-read a fanfiction, it will be this one. :') Much love to you, or in FFs case muc will be sure to read EVERYTHING else you write. Much love.
slimygrimy chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
I am sobbing. This is the best and the saddest and the most heart wrenching account of George after Fred's death, and it's made my heart break :( It was strangely beautiful at the same time, you are literally brilliant. Utterly amazing. Frankly, you're my favourite fanfic author right now. I'm gutted this is over, because you have so much more to give! Honestly, I think you should write a sequel about George coping after Fred's death (his funeral, going back to the shop, etc.) If you want to write one, I would be happy to lend a hand and beta for you if you like! I need your writing in my life! :L Anyway, after that hideously long review, just know this. You're amazing. Keep writing, please, or I will die. (Exaggeration, but you get my meaning).
Dimcairien chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
I came so close to crying during this chapter. You really captured George's pain. The pain that comes with the death of a family member eventually goes away, but not completely. There always will be the hole. You simply find a new normal.

Great job with the epilogue.
Shhayy-j11 chapter 19 . 10/14/2011
Gah. You know how I said in a previous review that this was the first Fred and George fic that I have read? Well, yes this is my first and gahhh I cried okay! Honestly, I shouldn't have read the epilogue and pretend that Fred lived but UHHHH I just read it and now tears are really streaming down my face T~T

Really, this was a wonderful story and I could really see the srong connection between the two brothers. My heart broke when I read this epilogue and all I can say is wow, good job (:

But right now sorry, Im not really smiling.. Im crying Still, awesome fic. I really enjoyed it (:
ncis-lady chapter 18 . 10/13/2011
Well, I knew I would cry when reading this. I always do. But still... this was very well written, very emotional, but also with a bit of humour, just like you'd expect Fred and George to be like. I loved every part of this one, especially the parts in which Fred and George were alone because the things they said... oh wow. These really got to me.

I enjoyed this whole story so much, I can't wait to read the epilogue and I also hope you'll write more HP stories. Thumbs up again for this great story!
Carkey chapter 18 . 10/13/2011
I apologize for becoming so slack in my reviewing - that does not by any means reflect my enjoyment nor my dedication to this story. It is something to be said to have a story that is consistently updated, and consistently exceeds expectations. Every other day, without fail, I'd wake up to a notification email that there was a new chapter and it was something that I grew to look forward to.

I am pretty disappointed it is coming to an end, but all good things must! It'll be sad tomorrow morning when I wake up to no new notification, but then I'll probably just come reread it to make myself feel better, lol.

I'd be interested in reading a redux version of chapter 17 from Fred's POV - what happened when he was chased by the death eaters in the other direction, how he knew to apparate where and when he did, what he saw when george was struggling in the apparition spot.

I'd also love, love, love a post-war sequel. How does george manage without Fred to help? does someone step into that role? Can he ever get treatment for his symptoms? do they worsen with the stress of losing Fred? Does Molly/the rest of the family who is in the dark ever find out about how hard it is on him to apparate?

thank you for giving me something to look forward to these past few weeks, thank you for a great story.
sashafrazzle chapter 18 . 10/12/2011
I'm crying. that was beautiful. their good-bye was absolutely perfection. and i feel almost empty inside cuz it is the last time he see's fred. and it breaks my heart...

and i think it's absolutely amazing that you are such a skillful beautiful writer to make your readers feel this emotionally attached to your work.

i'm going to stop writing now...because i'm a blubbering mess and my roommates are starting to stare...

Oh, and please post the epilogue! (and an AU ending where horrible things don't happen to a certain ginger twin?)

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH!

sash
Lamb chapter 18 . 10/12/2011
So sad its all over. Great final chapter. It made me want to cry. I hope to read more stories by you in the near future!
Aris1013 chapter 18 . 10/12/2011
That story was wonderful! I definitely cried in this chapter! But I'm going to pretend Fred lives :) Great ending, so sad this story is over!
228 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »