Reviews for Broken Pieces
Kaokenfan chapter 1 . 7/20
This was an amazing story. Beautiful and touching. Cried a lot. Thank you for writting this. I have been reading fanfics for months. This is by far one of the best, this is also the first review I ever post. It had to be in your story.
Mizuume L.D chapter 24 . 5/6
Nine years ago, when I was fourteen years old and my life was spiralling out of control, I found this story and read it straight through. I found my old review, posted on the 2nd of February 2007. I was dazzled back then, but I'm even more dazzled now.

Three days ago, and far away from that 14-year-old girl, I had an urge to read it again. It has stayed in the back of my mind for all this time, informing the way I view the world, but I never felt the need to come back to it until now. And it's only when I began reading that I realized how deeply your story had changed me.

This story buried itself into my mind and left me with a wisdom that I would have taken years to acquire on my own. Your exploration of love and suffering saved me so many useless and potentially destructive relationships, because I was able to know without a doubt that the 'love' they promised wasn't real. And when I found a guy who made me feel the love you describe in this story, I knew I was safe to dive in. That decision gave me the ultimate strength, as a 17-year-old girl, to pull my life back together.

Things have changed so much since then, but the process of learning to love selflessly and fearlessly had always seemed to be mapped out for me - even when everything else in life was an obscure mess. 9 years ago I wrote in my review that other fanfictions have their characters fall in love "just like that," leaving me wondering if I'd "missed something". By creating such a genuine representation of human emotion that I was able to become a "witness to it all", you taught me some valuable things about the breadth of possibilities in human emotion. Writing is not about the flourish of the style but the wisdom left behind, and four years of a degree in English Literature haven't yet shown me a story which can affect me in such a way.

Thank you so much for writing this. I was grateful then and am even more grateful now. As the fourteen-year-old me had promised, I never forgot this story. And as I've said before, please keep writing. Few deserve a podium as much as you.
enchanted nightingale chapter 24 . 4/6
Loved it!
Just finished re-reading it
KureNia11 chapter 24 . 3/9
I dont think I can describe my feelings into words after I read this story. So many emotions came to my mind, and I do feel like I am watching dan experiencing their journey myself. I love the ending, really love it. Although I was crying like a crazy girl when Kaoru decided to erase Kenshin's memories. I do feel for them, like they are real people, like they are my best friends or significant people in my life.
I know this is crazy, but it really is :)
Cant get enough of them.

You've done a great work. Thank you for sharing :)
KureNia11 chapter 10 . 3/7
Oh no! I hate Kenshin for holding back like that :( poor Kaoru...But I like when they fight, it was so cute :D Damn Kaoru for her innocent and straightforward talk! Make Kenshin more miserable and helpless *grin
I wonder if Takasugi sent the whore only to make Kenshin's primal sense awaken, then go to Kaoru *smirk
KureNia11 chapter 1 . 3/6
this first chapter really caught my attention. the bloody battle scene, and I really like your phrase '..anger amber eyes met peaceful blue..and time stopped..'
InARealPickle chapter 24 . 2/18
Beautiful and heartbreaking.
ahsoei chapter 24 . 1/26
Wow, I've never seen such a dark side of Samurai X before. Great job! (Y)
Maria-Reynne chapter 24 . 10/20/2015
This is honest to God one of the best stories I have ever read in my life! Kudos to you for creating and sharing such a masterpiece! xoxo
Kinsutenekochan chapter 24 . 3/30/2015
Wow. I honestly have to say i cried during this chapter. I wasnt sure I would like it but this story grew on me. But I honestly have to say I hate the ending! It is good, but having him forget hiten mitsurugi let alone Karou is just... This story was very well writen but it is certianly not one of my favorites, sorry! I am glad you at least had them meet again, so there is that. Keep writing!
orchid14 chapter 24 . 2/26/2015
Boohoooo ;_; so touching, so tear-jerking! Absolutely fantastic fanfiction. You make me proud to be a fellow RK fan (of course we're entirely the same though, because your writing skills are GREAT!). Thank you for the heart-wrenching story, and thank you for letting KenKao find each other again!
Fallenmiko chapter 24 . 2/24/2015
You are incredibly amazing. I absolutely adore this story, it remains a favorite of mine and this is the second time I've read it. I really enjoyed reading it, thank you so much for writing such a great fic! I can't wait to read the sequel!
Guest chapter 24 . 2/10/2015
Well, dammit, I still find myself in tears over this even when I've read this countless times before.

So painfully, painfully beautiful.

PS. I *still* hope you fund your muse and time to finish Complete Me. :)
Kaotic I. Deas chapter 24 . 1/23/2015
I believe I've commented on this chapter before. Regardless, I just wanted to add another review to the thousands you have received. Thank you, sincerely, for this contribution to fanfiction. It's simply an amazing emotional roller coaster ride you have your readers succumb to throughout this fantastic tale. I've thought about this tale several times since reading it originally. I hoped I would forget about the ending, so I could re-read it and experience everything anew. However, I couldn't. Regardless I still have tear streaming down my face. Such a great, yet tragic love story.

Thank you for your contribution!
Celindia chapter 24 . 1/15/2015
I like thiss so much but i'm a bit sadden at the end :(
4,451 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »