Reviews for Broken Pieces
Hana-chanS2 chapter 18 . 12/15/2012
Omg "the will to protect is infinitely more powerful than the will to destroy." LOOOOL the cheesiness. i was laughing so hard i almost dropped my phone. but overall the story is good.
SleevedWhiteSnow chapter 1 . 12/2/2012
Added this to my alert to read later a while ago, and what can I say? This my absolute favorite Rurouni Kenshin story. I just love your writing style and you captured the moments perfectly, it's hard to stop reading. Well done, and congratulations on over 4000 reviews, 'cause this sure deserves it!
Tsukiko Saito chapter 24 . 12/2/2012
Beautiful just beautiful... A bittersweet ending for one of my favorite couples. This is the first RK fanfiction (or overall fanfiction stories) that made tears in my eyes. I am so glad that I take a chance to finish it even though I sometimes avoid reading it fearing that it made may end up in a tragic-sort of ending.

Overall, one of the best fanfiction stories I have ever read. Hope you update its sequel...
celestialdimplez chapter 24 . 11/21/2012
I kid you not when I say this. Best fanfic I have read on here period!
kwangie chapter 24 . 10/20/2012
TT that's me now...but im not allowing the tears to fall coz im not the only person in the room. although i wanted to read it alone so that i could allow my tears, i couldn't stop myself from finishing it all.

i kinda miss the protective battosai than the clueless rurouni haha loved it anyway..there's something missing though...the lemon what happened to it? lol i was kinda excited in reading those parts (especially their first time!) coz you seem very good at them. its always my cherry on top of every fanfiction i read. hopefully there's a link to it somewhere :)

Thank you again, glad i read your fic even though im usually not into AUs
Illusions of Dreaming chapter 24 . 10/5/2012
gah! D': this is such a beautiful story! the character development is beautiful, you didn't rush the romance and let it slowly develop, it's really hard to find romance stories that don't leap straight to LOVE-AT-FIRST-SIGHT thing xD
this is beautiful xD please update the sequel soon! I'd love to read more about Kenshin and Kaoru 33
Guest chapter 17 . 8/12/2012
Alright, first of all he killed a woman when he had to kill the dude with the pig nose. Second of all, if Kaoru has scars on her belly how could she go scantily clad to that one place where the pig-guy had the party and Kenshin didn't notice. Plus she's been like naked in front of him a million times...
plumafleur chapter 24 . 8/7/2012
The best fan fiction i have ever read. It made Kenshin and Kaoru as main characters only a bonus . Thank you very much for sharing this story with all of us.
A skeleton chapter 24 . 8/4/2012
This is my favorite story of all time... Wow, what an ending! Glad I read the whole thing!
xailia chapter 24 . 7/20/2012
I'll have you know that I specifically signed up for an account just so I could post the following comment:

This ending made me nearly cry, and I NEVER cry from stories :( I dislike that only Kaoru bears all the memories, whereas Kenshin is free and happy. In a healthy relationship, both people should be equally agonized...
I kid. Well, to some extent. Moving on...

I am impressed. Beyond impressed. I am stunned, moved, and left wanting to read more of your writing.
You took two already well-developed manga characters and were able to draw out two more different (well not completely different in Kenshin's case, but at least not greatly explored) and extremely well-developed characters. I am extremely impressed by how you did not simply fall back to Watsuki's characters. Instead, I read this entire fanfiction as a novel all in itself, completely separate from the universe and characters that Watsuki created, the only similarity being the name and appearance of the characters.
Huh, ok, so I guess that's what fanfiction is all about, but somehow I did not expect this high quality of writing in a simple fanfiction. The writing style, the plot development, the ending-oh god the ending-everything was so perfectly orchestrated! One thing that stood out as recurring a bit too much was the overuse of suspense/cliffhanger IMO. Don't get me wrong- I loved it and you did an excellent job with the suspense/cliffhangers, but there were quite a few instances where the reader was left wondering for a few paragraphs/half the entire web page before the answer was revealed and the reader thought "Ah, there we go." Perhaps this has more to do with the "Angst" genre that you have chosen for this fanfiction rather than your writing style itself, but I just felt that the suspense/cliffhangers with the final one-word (or one-sentence) answers at the end of the page was a tad overdone- just a tad. Hopefully I make sense...if not, simply regard this as the ramblings of just another crazy fan.

Excellent work, nonetheless. I look forward to more of your works :)
Vanquish123 chapter 24 . 7/15/2012
I just finished reading, and I have to say that this was an amazing story. I'm usually not drawn to dark fics like these, though. Since they usually end a bit sad, and end up making me a bit depressed myself. Your ending is no exception. In my opinion, if it doesn't end in a happy ending, then I consider it a sad ending. Overall though, the story was great. I loved the character development, the great writing, dialogue, and even the characters were very entertaining. Thank you for writing this story, I really enjoyed it. I'll read the sequel someday, but right now, I just need to read something happy and full of fluff.
QueenPotatos chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Best fiction ever.
SailorMeowMeow chapter 24 . 6/2/2012
OMG THAT WAS SO AMAZINF. I want to cry now... ;_; Your beatifully crafted story has caused tears to fall. In the future, when I read this, i know that i will cry. You're amazing. Im so happy to be your 4,400th viewer :D
Fire of Aries chapter 23 . 2/28/2012
I know this is (somewhat) the wrong chapter, but since you can't review twice on a chapter, I'll have to commend you on the scene where Kenshin (half-heartedly) tries (not?) to kill Kaoru here. That scene with the sad humour, the hopelessness vs hopefullness, and his realization that he loves her too much to follow through with his orders. You handled that brilliantly, and it was a great read. It was an interesting turn when Kenshin, when faced with such a truly personal sacrifice told Kaoru not to "give [him] that crap" about a better Kyoto. Selfish as they may be, his feelings finally broke through. I also really liked the next part where he's lost and asking Kaoru what to do, and she tells him he isn't a machine-and the determined choice he finally makes after she speaks to him. Kenshin's been walking such a fine, grey line for so long now, and finally made his choice; very determined and resolute-passionate. Well, well done. Excellent work :)
Fire of Aries chapter 24 . 2/28/2012
This is definitely one of my favourite BP chapters. It's completely heart-wrenching, and an emotional ride both up and down. I really like what you did with the characterization as well as the excellent plotting you did surrounding Katsura and Takasugi in this fic-very expressive, animated and they definitely, indeed willing to burn down the world for the sake of the future.

I really like how the Kenshin/Kaoru relationship has developed, especially in the later chapters, and very especially this one.

I could really feel the urgency and emotion with which K & K ran away, and the whole ordeal with evading capture, only to be caught in the end. I could totally envision the heartbreaking when Kenshin flipped out and told her not to listen to him, and that they'd a normal life with 10 kids and a vegetable garden in the backyard-as well as Kaoru's incredibly painful decision.

I commend you for that, as well as the scene that followed when she once again saw Kenshin on the bench..that was really emotional and well-done. After reading this, I flew to complete me (continued) to stay up all night reading. You're a great writer. You've done a fantastic job, and I can't wait to continue Complete Me, when you get to it :)
4,442 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »