Reviews for at the gallows, an about face
Donna Vito Frutti chapter 1 . 10/12/2014
As a Loki-Sif fan, I very much appreciate this story. Thanks ;))
Sepsis chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
"Her hands trembled when she picked the abused weapon up. She cradled it – holding close the memory of it. Even with a tender touch, it was a dead weight in her hands. The magic in it had gone with its creator. And finally, she let herself weep; the slow flow of tears at her eyes a trickle where inside her, she was sure that a dam had been punctured – fit to burst. But, alone now, she had no idea how to stem the tide; and so, brokenly, she just let it flow until there was nothing left to give."

Oh god, that was so sad. :( But beautiful!
noukinav018 chapter 1 . 5/24/2012
:) Wonder why it wasn't with the rest of the story :D

Liked it very much, thx for posting!
Darklight247 chapter 1 . 5/19/2012
Oh this was amazing, so emotional ;_; Brilliant job.
SarahZahde chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
I love every bit of your 'steel verse' fics. And this one was especially cutting, really, because of Loki's absence- and how she tried to make her shield prove that he was still alive...

aw man. I just love your writing. 3
silverducks chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Have to admit, when I first saw this story and saw it was listed as main characters being Sif and Thor, I got worried! I was afraid my favourite Thor writer had jumped from the Sif/Loki ship! I was very pleased when I read the summary that it was still Sif/Loki! LOL!

Anyway, wonderful, wonderful story. I think this is the first I've read that really deals with the immediate after effects of the fight and especially Sif's reaction as Loki's actual girlfriend.

I loved the idea that Thor and Loki's battle threw all of Asgard into chaos, with terrible weather and then the destruction of the bridge. I loved the reactions of people, Thor not wanting to betray his father, but still hoping and yet so sad. And poor Sif, having to take the anti Loki side to keep her own grief and hopes at bay!

Loved how you talked about things like Sif thinking about the fight with the destroyer and everything. And the end, with Sif being so determinted to hope Loki was alive and she got no response and had to grieve for him in private...

So sad! I'm sooo glad you decided to post this as a standalone, it's epic and awesome.

And errr, yeah, I loved it! Wonderful!
Teres chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
How utterly heartbreaking! But, so beautifully written! And I really like the way you projected her relationship with Loki onto the shield. So much personification! Love it!
BlueDorid chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
This is just so beautifully, heartbreakingly sad! I love the full acknowledgment of the fact that Loki betrayed the people he loved. Most authors conveniently gloss over anything negative about Loki but that's what makes Loki compelling: the fact that he betrayed because he felt betrayed.

The ending scene in the glade so powerfully conveyed Sif's desperation and heartache and the sense of being overwhelmed by memories. It's just so sad! Loki has such great potential for both heroism and evilness.

Thank you so much for sharing this!
SlimReaper chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Oh God, why did I read that before I have to go to work? Now I have to redo my makeup! *sniffle, sniffle* POOR SIF! And poor Thor, and most especially POOR LOKI! Even though I've read the rest and know what comes next, this is still so heart-wrenching. And I want to grab Odin by the face and ram his head into the nearest hard object until it's smashed to jelly. He is the most epic fail of a father in the history of epic fails...

Yet despite all this, I want more of your Loki/Sif!