Reviews for Web of Shadows
dudebladeX chapter 13 . 12/23/2014
Here's a bonus for her Mary-Sueness: Superior Spider-Man: Who figures out that Pete's been body-jacked? not his Aunt May, the woman who raised him as if he were her son; Not Mary-Jane, the love of his life (Before Quesada had anything to do with it); Not the Avengers or X-Men, Fellow Heroes that he's worked along side with for years; Not Miguel O'Herra, His alternate future successor; BUT CARLIE (HOME-WRECKING) COOPER! admittedly Goblin was able to figure it out, but he's the adversary, they're expected to know their foe better than most, but that's not the point! Friggin' Carlie... As I said in Chapter one, I'm glad she got Goblinfied.
My working insane theory is that she's Mephisto's daughter who wanted the web-slinger all to herself, so she convinced 'Dear Daddy' to set up 'OMD' and 'Superior'
Sorry for the rant, I needed a thing to vent. ah, it feels good to get this stuff off my chest.
dudebladeX chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
I will agree with the note, She's not a Mary-Sue... She's a Creator's Pet.
SO.. ANNOYINGLY... PERFECT... ugh, now I'm glad she got Goblinfied in the comics.
Jamags chapter 13 . 7/30/2014
Awesome. Really enjoyed this. I love this sort of trollfic.
Jamags chapter 7 . 7/30/2014
...

I think my brain just broke...

This is officially the best story ever. That's probably hyperbole, but this is still really funny.
Tiffany Pryde chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
You my friend, are clever. I read the beginning of this story about a year ago or so... I just found it again. and started to read all of it. And I must say... "Wow..." I did think it was a bit... odd. How everyone was all over Carlie and all pretending she was amazing, and how rouge was so out of character, as I mentioned awhile back.

Anyways. again, wow. I did not see this coming. This is probably the most... genius idea I've ever seen! I can see why ppl want to put in their own characters into a fanfic, I do it. but I try to make my characters seem realistic at least... your character seemed fake and it turns out that's how you wanted it to be. you shocked everyone I think. great job. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
Actually, she IS a Mary Sue...
hypertonic chapter 3 . 7/13/2013
This story is kind of creeping me out so far AWESOME!
hypertonic chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
Great story, and pretty funny! Lol though carlie really creepy
Zoey chapter 4 . 5/7/2013
WOAH NOW! Isn't NorthStar gay? of course I'm only on chapter 4 but you know, he is gay, he got married to a black dude named Kyle. now QuickSilver i could totally see!
luckymickey619 chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Luv the story so far! I like oc storie!
AngeliqueRox chapter 13 . 6/27/2012
Man, I wish people would've read the whole story before flaming you. I laughed when I read the first couple chapters and thought you were for real about this character, then I realized that if you were such a great writer when it came I grammar, word usage, vocab, etc., then it'd be unlikely that you were being serious about Carlie making everyone OC. You have a lot of guts to make a story that everyone would glance at the first sentence, say ugh, another Mary-Sue writer, and send you hate reviews. I'm glad some people finally realized that you were making fun of OC writers. Anyway, good job with the story, and keep on writing no matter what anyone says!
tori chapter 3 . 5/10/2012
Wow it should be illegal to be this much of a mary sue story. I cant even bring myself to read any more of the chapters.
Tiffany Pryde chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
Hey, I really think you're a great writer. :) I like your story... Well, except for Rouge, like the way she acts and how shes treated, I love her to death.

Do you think it'll change in future chapters and maybe her and Carlie and the others can become friends with Rouge? I'm just curious... XD

Cause I dont see Rouge ever being this cruel to anyone, ya know? but then again, it is just a fic.

And the whole Jean/Rouge being arch enemies thing, I always take Rouge's side... Though I have nothing wrong with Jean, just that Rouge seems down to earth.

Anyways, I'm gonna stop rambling.

Great job though. :)
Souljacker chapter 4 . 2/8/2012
Did you purposely make Northstar straight? You do know he's gay right? Is this like the ultimate troll story? I'll bet it is. STRAIGHT JEAN PAUL! I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

-Claire
The Fic Critic Continued chapter 7 . 1/28/2012
Inside, Carlie had a few moments to calm down. Her friends were very supportive of her actions. Northstar stood off to one side, reading a book about black magic sacrifice and rituals.

"Don't worry, Carlie," Lance reassured her. "You did the right thing, and you did it better than any of us ever could."

(She let a Crime lord’s enforcer go so he could go kill some other people, and you think its the right thing to do? Because you know, that’s logical.)

Northstar sidled up and grabbed the metal blade that she had kindly borrowed from him. "I don't appreciate people who are hypocrites," he told her.

"What are you talking about?" Carlie demanded, an angry frown on her face but no less pretty because of it.

(Well, do you want a list? Ok, you make a big deal about being a victim after you tried to steal someone else’s boyfriend. You insult people you dislike, but if someone calls you out on it you respond by acusing them of being a bad person. When you got angry at someone over something, you decided to get drunk and get a tattoo of the man who killed your best friend (but then decide to get one of Spider-Man, which is weird because you said at one point that he’s probably your best friend, so I can’t imagine how you would tell him that you got him tattooed, and then decided to show your boyfriend), and that’s not even the tip of the ice berg.)

"Yeah, what's your deal?" Jean chimed in.

"You know what I'm talking about," Northstar informed Carlie emotionlessly.

Selene burst into the room. She was wearing a sleeveless, colorblock woven dress that featured a surplice V-neck and ruched shoulders with a stretchy, knit skirt, with a wide, black leather belt covered by a sheen of golden beads. Her heels were very cool: floral wedge sandals with a bow accent and an ankle strap with a buckle closure. Her long black hair was loose, framing her face and accented by her earrings: a pair of dangly, elegant, teardrop earrings with aqua-colored beads in between the filigree. (But, wasn’t she wearing something different last time? That was like, only a few hours ago at most, why did she decide to change? Do girls really change their clothes that much?) "No time to argue! Professor Xavier has been kidnapped!"

(Oh noeses, what a surprise!)

SO, that’s it. My opinion, ungodly funny. I just loved Punisher MAX, he’s epic. Selene, I’m confused about her presence, and I can’t help but question the retcons made here concerning MJ being a love rival and Spidey becoming someone she dislikes for being a ‘poser’, despite previously calling the former a ‘slutty (god I hate that word) model’ and the latter being said to be her inspiration, to the point she referred to her power as being ‘having all the powers of Spider-Man’. But, I figured that’s the point.

So, well, that's it. I'm the Fic Critic, because someone had to say it.