Reviews for To New Heights
RangerSargey chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
I love it! Nothing else to say.
jman377355 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
You're rather good with these one-shots. At this rate I'll have read all you stories. Keep it up!
Endam chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
That was beautiful.

AppleDash is the best.
cydonic chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
I'll admit, I am a sucker for Appledash. They just bode so well to me. And so I'm starting here to go through your work, even if it isn't the most ideal spot. :D

I loved Applejack's accent - all of the Apple family, in fact. In my head I could read exactly what was said by them and it felt as natural as if it were scripted. Maybe the accent bothers some people, and I can see why, but if you're going to write AJ, the accent is part of the territory. Not only that, but all of her expressions were perfect. Big Mac's eeyup gets bonus points. xD

Seeing AJ actually scared of something is an interesting point of view to take. She always comes off as the strong and composed one, so it's a nice difference.

Rainbow Dash was perfect and funny and just as she should be. :) I loved her showing AJ Cloudsdale, and helping her deal with her fear of heights.

I'm going to cut off my not-so-helpful review here and go tackle the rest of your archive. :D
Heart of Blades chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
This was really cute. I love how you've done something really new with AJ and Dash meeting. The interaction with the Apple family was great and Big Mac trying to flirt with Dash cracked me up.

Interested in seeing where this goes in TES sequle.
Quill Inkwell chapter 1 . 9/11/2011
Aww, very cute. It was fun to read a nervous Applejack for a bit, since she's always the strong, level-headed one. I can't wait to see how this ties into your upcoming sequel (or the story that TES is prequel to).

I'm also really fond of your portrayal of Big Macintosh's mischievous side. I like the idea of a little Apple Family prank war. :)
CanadianSushi chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Applejack's dialogue is a bit thick on the accent, I feel. Not enough to annoy the reader, and I assume it wasn't enough to drag on as extra hassle for you to write; it's prominent in a way that makes the reader... uh, aware of it.
Not necessarily a bad thing, especially if you're consistent with it. It's like I'm contradicting myself here, but I may prefer your take of AJ's drawl to the more common subtler approach

The point I wanted to make was that with already established characters, how they talk is implied. Basically, just be aware that you don't lose focus trying to write an accent right. At the very least it can save you some time when you go back to edit.

Another great one-shot, keep it up dude!
Jasper Sealights chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
Awwwwe. (: That was so cute.

As you know, I generally view AJ as straight, but I still like her little crush on Dashie you did here. It just worked. But Lezzy Dash is still extra Lezzy! lmao.

Your southern dialect writing was alright. I was worried it's bug me more than it did, but it didn't bug me that much at all, which is great!

I can totally see Applejack being more unsure of herself when she was younger, so I liked that you emphasized on her vulnerability. That was a nice touch.

[[Applejack stared, dumbfounded. "Uh… how 'bout fallin' to mah death?"

"Oh. Yeah, I guess that would kinda suck. Well, if you fall, I'll catch you! Promise!"]]

Hah! That made me giggle. I loved Rainbow's response there sooo much.

And lastly, I really liked your hot air balloon thing, too. Even if it IS breaking fandom tradition a bit, it's still a cute idea, and I love hot air balloons in general.

All in all, it was a cute and nice read. (: Definitely enjoyed it!