Reviews for Memorial Day
Matt the Batman Fan chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Well, first off, believe me when I say that the late review is not thanks to a desire not to read your return to writing. Life remains hectic, albeit in a good way, but I guess we all have things that occupy us in even the most restful moments.

I'll admit that the attention you pay to detail as it comes to environments, be they physical or emotional, is simply something I can't match. I was picturing the outdoor gardens of Wayne Manor as you took the time and effort they deserved. You made it, and subsequently Alfred, a more interesting character just by talking about what he believes to be worth his time. I certainly appreciated the rest of the story but it's that attention you paid to Alfred that really struck home with me since I keep trying to do similar such things with my own characters. It's a tricky art and you know how to do it and for that, I saluteyou, madam.
Ahab chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
Better late than never! Great read, love Alfred's POV, especially when it is done like this!
lizzysarai chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Ooh Alfred point of view! So interesting and refreshing.

A lovely piece, Alfred's characterization is so spot on and even the vocal was highly enriched. I liked how you gave view to all his thoughts to his daily routine and so on, it really does show him in a different light other than the loyal butler. He was more than that, he was lonely and so giving to Bruce, despite Bruce being Bruce he is still so good to him.

My respect for Alfred just went up tenfold.

Wonderfully written and presented it had a good flow even without any action it still held so much that it held the readers attention.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for sharing.
Alhana-Antilles chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I really enjoyed this little bit- you captured Alfred's voice well.