Reviews for All We Were and All We Are
NatesDate chapter 53 . 3/3
I'm glad that Calum continues to be his usual cocky self. His punching Dimitri was an excellent way to get Dimitri off the Grid, though I'm sure Calum didn't mind too much that he needed to hit Dimitri. Hopefully labor will hold off long enough for Ruth to do what she needs to do. Thanks for sharing.
Sparky75 chapter 53 . 3/2
Really good chapter as it all starts to come together to a climax. Hopefully the bomb can be defused and the baby will have a safe arrival! Thanks for the update and I’m already looking forward to reading the next chapter
wolfdrum chapter 53 . 3/1
You're moving this along quite nicely and we have to hand it to Calum's creativity...excellent way to distract that idiot Bilberry. Now, if the grid personnel can just keep the "dogs" off the scent of HR so that the Dimitri can help diffuse the bomb and Harry can devote his full attention to Ruth and their soon-to-be-born child. Your pacing is working well.
Gregoriana chapter 53 . 3/1
Another impressive, pictorial chapter, building the tense drama happening in the sky, on the Grid and with H&R's baby. I love Callum's dry sense of humour which balances the awful situations which have proliferated in this story and in this chapter. The last word says it all.
r4ven3 chapter 53 . 3/1
I am really reluctant to read 8K words in one sitting, but this story is gripping, and your detail is at once both brave and rich. While I have an idea about what is about to happen, you have taken the reader through a mix of changing circumstances and conditions in order to get us there. In particular, I really liked that detail you used to describe the Grid services coming back online, one by one. This was something we witnessed in Spooks (at least once, from memory) but which you have used well, and given it life. Really well done.
Sparky75 chapter 52 . 2/9
Another very enjoyable chapter and I could imagine Rawles HS character doing his duty. I’m really enjoying this as you bring the story though but im also happy that you’re not just rushing to a conclusion and are pacing it nicely! Looking forward to reading more
NatesDate chapter 52 . 2/7
Thank you for continuing this story. I certainly hope Baby Evershed-Pearce can hold off long enough for Harry Andrew Ruth to stop this madness.
r4ven3 chapter 52 . 2/6
Another very well written chapter, this time with large blocks of straight prose forming the narrative - something which is risky in fanfic, but you have carried off well here. I have to commend you on your much improved writing style in these recently written chapters compared with the earlier part of this fic, in which you appeared to be writing on the fly, with little idea of the fic's direction. These last 2 chapters have been much more grounded, as your story direction is clear(er) to you.
Gregoriana chapter 52 . 2/6
Thank you for posting another action packed lengthy chapter. The storyline dramatically propels the reader on through all the great dialogue between Harry, David and Ruth. YES YES YES...I for one would love to read more
wolfdrum chapter 52 . 2/6
Exciting, tense, and well-written! You've done very well picking up this story after so long a hiatus and keeping it going as smoothly you have. Please keep it up.
Sparky75 chapter 51 . 2/2
Great follow up chapter, hopefully they can sort everything out before the baby makes its seemingly imminent arrival! Looking forward to reading more soon
Eggwhisker chapter 51 . 1/31
That’s properly tense stuff! Brilliantly written. Very enjoyable thank you.
Gregoriana chapter 51 . 1/31
Thank you for posting quickly another powerful chapter. It is full of completely compelling dialogue that urges the reader on. Harry's thoughts about Ruth as she weaves her magic with Sokolov are lovely. I do hope the wave of pain Ruth is feeling in her abdomen is just the stage of her pregnancy and not the start of labour!
r4ven3 chapter 51 . 1/31
This is a very skilfully written chapter. Not many writers of fanfic would even attempt to write such a long and tense chapter, chiefly in dialogue, but you managed to keep my attention for the whole chapter. I am also relieved that nothing more has befallen poor Ruth, who has already endured her fair share of trauma. I did like the way Harry sat back for much of this, allowing Ruth to make a real connection with the Russian.
wolfdrum chapter 51 . 1/31
Such a good idea to have Ruth step in and relate to the pilot via the heart route but then again, as you have Harry thinking, " let her what she was good at." The following interaction between all three, whether spoken or otherwise, is riveting.