Reviews for Retrograde Amnesia
Cada chapter 1 . 3/8/2012
The only good T&B fanfiction I've read so far. Granted because too many them focus on shipping characters, which annoys me.

I would like to point out, that Barnaby had his powers since he was young (like baby young), it was mentioned briefly in the anime; I think in the episode where Kotetsu (And essentially Pao Lin) had to babysit the mayor's child. (I just finished watching it yesterday, so it's still fresh in my mind)

Elsewise I enjoyed it all the same.
panda-hiiro chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
This was just...brilliant. Heartbreaking, but so, so well done. This line in particular:

"I don't think I even know that anymore."

Just breaks my heart. I think you really captured the tragedy of what's happened to Barnaby, and how extensive the damage Maverick wrought on him really is.
HappyHateDay chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I was wondering when someone would go into this. That old jerk. I have never felt the need to punch a fictional character in the face as much as I do Maverick. I didn't like Barnaby when I first started watching the serires. After recent episodes, I can understand him now. Anywho! This was brilliant!
Phae 7veils on DW chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Gorgeous story. The entire concept is interesting and very likely, given how quickly episode 23 resolved the memory issue. Without being on hand to give him constant little 'tune-ups' and 'readjustments', I imagine that Maverick's hold over Barnaby would wane, so his position would have to be one of legal guardian.

It's also a bit of an adjustment to read Maverick's character as 'Albert' as the usual Japanese formalities tend to kick in, and because Maverick is such a clear identifier. I know the character isn't meant to be Japanese, but his first name is so seldom heard. The informality of that form of naming throws a reader off a bit, which is what Maverick is doing to Barnaby in any case. It's an interesting effect.

I particularly loved this phrase: "Barnaby's obsession blossomed into a mind-consuming tangle of itches that buzzed and chittered incessantly against his brain."

I think this is one of the best stories I've read in the fandom so far.

Cheers!