Reviews for The Shrew War, Book IV: The Thunder and the Fire
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 10 . 10/13/2012
Excellent work as always, Wing. I'm on to the next Book.
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 9 . 10/13/2012
I know what Saybrook will be going through. The memory of the oarrates will haunt him for the rest of his life. Maybe not, but for a long time to come. It would have probably been the same for me in his position, though I'd be stupid enough to try to save at least two of them. Might have saved them, might have not. Who knows?
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 7 . 10/13/2012
Awesome.
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 5 . 8/22/2012
Sometimes I understand that badger, other times I think he needs to face the facts. Tratton's not going to want anything but war.
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 2 . 8/19/2012
Uh, Highwing, I've been looking for a story on Machus in your collection but I haven't seen one if there is. Could you direct me to it or, if you haven't written it, consider doing so? I'd be most interested to see a younger Urthblood and his first campaign with his Sword. I might get a better judge of both these characters if you do, especially Urthblood.
ifeelmad chapter 10 . 1/23/2012
So, like all good hero weapons, vitriol has its vulnerabilities. It cannot burn Tratton's steel ship.

I know how Saybrook must have been suffering at how he left the rats chained to their deaths. Wonder what would have happened had he told Urthblood. A fine example of poetic justice gone wrong.
ifeelmad chapter 9 . 1/23/2012
As soon as you said it would end in a way no one expected and Tratton said he'd sink the boat, I knew that was what you meant. Those poor rats, actually thinking their liege cared about them.
ifeelmad chapter 8 . 1/23/2012
Trelayne certainly was getting audacious with his whining about "slaving away", it's a wonder Urthblood didn't box his ears.

So Tratton played Urthblood into helping him. And Urthblood freed a marten captive who knew about a deadly weapon Tratton wanted. Is that why they're enemies now?

I must congratulate you again on your many dimensional plots and conflicts. By God, if this had been a book by Jacques, Urthblood would have crushed all of the searats with the globes and then it all would have been over and there would be corny feasting and singing. Or the good creatures would let the rest of the searats go for some stupid reason.
ifeelmad chapter 7 . 1/23/2012
In chapter five, I cannot help but to express my astonishment at how much "back talk" and "second guessing " Urthblood allows his men to do. Lol.

Somehow, I have a bit of a hard time allowing myself to believe that Urthblood figures out everything by himself, without the help of some prophecy. And wouldn't it be interesting to see Urthblood make a big, BIG goof-up!
ifeelmad chapter 6 . 1/22/2012
Chapter 4 - Why, the gallant accountable Matowick is having a cowardly moment! Let me read on to see what happens next. This has never, ever occured before .
ifeelmad chapter 5 . 1/22/2012
Those slaves sound like self absorbed cajolers. True, they needed Daum and it was his duty not to desert them. . . but still!
ifeelmad chapter 4 . 1/22/2012
So, Tratton is indeed a coward. He intends to merely "observe battle "? But he's a believable coward, still, unlike most cowardly canon villains.
ifeelmad chapter 3 . 1/22/2012
As delightful as this is, I shall be very angry if you don't make Broggen take responsibility for what he caused to Mayk. It's not that I have some silly fangirlish obsession with "poor, victimized " vermin, who "never got a chance", but Mayk was a possibly interesting character. But the loss of Mayk's potential interest really means not that much to me compared to how extremely interesting you make it when your characters face responsibility for their mistakes.
ifeelmad chapter 2 . 1/21/2012
I mean, I really like Winokur himself, he's interesting and not at all stereotypical or dull. But I can't say the same for his recordings.

I wonder what sort of father Grayfoot will be. I wish his and his wife's inadequate parenting behavior would have been written out so I could sense the tension, instead of being told through Winokur's mild recording voice. Even so, youre still my favorite Redwall writer, so don't worry.
ifeelmad chapter 1 . 1/21/2012
Ok, as much as I love your books, I cannot help but to say I strongly dislike Winokur's recording entries. I know that's the way a typical Recorder is supposed to write, but it just doesn't SOUND like him when he writes like that. And somehow, when reading about other creatures off his point of view in his recordings, everyone either sounds comic, or Mary Sue.
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »